Author Topic: Torah & Hashkafa Questions (PC Free For All)  (Read 18389 times)

Offline cmey

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Torah & Hashkafa Questions (PC Free For All)
« Reply #450 on: March 18, 2019, 03:17:46 AM »
I once heard that the greater a person is the less he perceives things as contradictory. A child sees everything from a very rigid and narrow point of view. If you can’t drive on shabbos, why is the Hatzolah guy doing it? My parent doesn’t love me; if he did how could he punish me? As he matures he realizes that there are nuances and things that seemed contradictory are actually in perfect harmony.

People see different paths as contradictory; either satmar is right or Rav kook was right. Either the sefardi mesorah or ashkenaz.  Either the Gra or the Besht. A gadol understands that all have a place, and perhaps a necessary place in the great entity known as Klal Yisroel. There were 12 shevatim. We needed a yissaschar but also a zevulan. A Yehuda but also a Dan. Only with all of them united did Hashem rest his shechina on klal yisrael. Hashem didn’t choose to create millions of identical individuals. What would be the point of creating more than one? Each person has a unique ability to bring out kevod shomayim in a way that no one else can replicate. Only when each person uses his individuality to serve Hashem is the goal of Hashem’s creation realized. One person may have an unbelievable head for learning. Another in psak  halacha. A third in connecting unaffiliated Jews to their heritage. Yet another may be unable to read a blatt Gemara with tosfos yet he is a genius in chessed. Each is using his talents to serve Hashem. It is not always easy to know what one’s own strengths and talents truly are. One may need a kesher with someone who can objectively guide him to use his abilities in the best way. But to say that only one path in Judaism is the correct one is to miss the fundamental underpinnings of what klal yisrael is all about.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 03:30:28 AM by cmey »

Offline jye

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Torah & Hashkafa Questions (PC Free For All)
« Reply #451 on: March 29, 2019, 11:04:09 AM »
When we learn kodshim and taharos we are obviously learning torah as well as preparing for moshiach when these laws will once again be practical. What about the large sections of taharos and kodshim that were gezeiros of chazal that seem to have been specifically tailored to their times, such as “bigdei am haaretz medras liprushim” and numerous other examples. Presumably when moshiach comes they will no longer be enacted since there will no longer be amei haaretz (ומלאה בארץ דעה)?

Are we learning major parts of kodshim and taharos for the torah lishmah or perhaps the concepts we can glean from them, since not only are they not relevant now, but presumably will not apply in the future either?