Author Topic: Over The Top Purim Parties  (Read 34955 times)

Offline gingyguy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 36
    • View Profile
  • Programs: I don't like to brag
Re: Over The Top Purim Parties
« Reply #200 on: March 26, 2019, 05:16:17 PM »
He is asking the Rabbonim to get involved.
That’s the right way to do it . Why are you bashing the Shliach/messenger??
seems like you're confused on the methodology of asking a Rav to get involved. You seem to think that writing an anonymous letter on a website is the way to do it, as opposed to speaking to said Rav  in person..
May you slide down the banister of happiness & get many splinters of success up your career.

Offline yzj

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 26, 2019, 05:51:57 PM »
This is evolving into one of the most pointless threads I’ve seen in a while- even for JS

Offline doodle

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 26, 2019, 05:55:41 PM »
seems like you're confused on the methodology of asking a Rav to get involved. You seem to think that writing an anonymous letter on a website is the way to do it, as opposed to speaking to said Rav  in person..
That’s terribly naive . I would assume you have limited experience in this area .
Salt Is Good

Offline sguitarist18

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 26, 2019, 06:55:38 PM »
My point is that he's asking "rabbanim" to do something he himself is not willing to do - actually call people out by name.

Ergo, #hypocrite.

Offline doodle

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 26, 2019, 07:50:58 PM »
My point is that he's asking "rabbanim" to do something he himself is not willing to do - actually call people out by name.

Ergo, #hypocrite.
He, as a layman can not call people out by name . He technically can , but than will have to deal with all the holier than thou types shouting Lashon Hora !
So He correctly turns to Our Rabbonim to deal with this . Since He has past experience , He knows nothing will happen unless he makes “ big issue “ out of it .
Look how many pages this has created ! How many comments on the original website!
Hopefully our Leaders will now speak up and deal with the issue .
Is this the nicest way to deal with the issue ? No
But this is what works !
Use common sense or ask people with experience before you whine about this method.
Salt Is Good

Offline sguitarist18

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 26, 2019, 08:59:37 PM »
Whoever calls people out by name will have to deal with the fallout - which is why he doesn't want to do it, even in an anonymous letter.

BTW, I'd point out that if it's genuinely an issue of pikuach nefashos, with "countless" young boys being taken to the hospital, then the letter writer should have called the cops.

But you seem to feel that my responses are validating the letter writer, and for that reason, I'm out.

Online zh cohen

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile

Offline ADG

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 27, 2019, 10:54:19 AM »
@Dan I am shocked that you let him bait you- what happened to not warranting a response?

Not to mention that your discussion and every other comment (stopped reading at page 9) has been about condoning or deflecting the main topic, responsibility of the community to stand up for what is not acceptable. Its not about money, image, flamboyant behavior, tzedaka, rabbonim, rich people poor people, kavod, tayvos. Its about what is appropriate and what isn't, and the community's responsibility and obligation to condemn that which deserves condemnation, in face of the shaming from people who say "how dare you speak, until you gave, until you made money. How dare you tell people how to live ect. ect. How dare you attempt to control something outside of yourself ect. ect. (see previous pages for the well articulated horse extrements)

Offline jye

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 30, 2019, 09:01:59 PM »
There's definitely a certain image that having a Tesla portrays to the public, regardless of the price. That doesn't mean that image had anything to do with anyone's reasons for purchasing their car though.

I walked out of shul in Lakewood to use the bathroom towards the end of mussaf today and there were a bunch of upper 20s- lower 30’s age working guys in the hall talking about teslas- range, battery performance etc. I can tell you that if someone would have brought up a Camry in that conversation it would not have gone well....

If having a Tesla is not a status symbal, being conversant in all things Tesla definitely is....

Offline mmgfarb

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 30, 2019, 09:25:49 PM »

If having a Tesla is not a status symbal, being conversant in all things Tesla definitely is....
Lol
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy