Author Topic: Kicked Out Of Centurion Lounge In LAS For Eating Kosher Sandwich  (Read 17632 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: Kicked Out Of Centurion Lounge In LAS For Eating Kosher Sandwich
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2019, 11:20:34 AM »
Ok, I guess I blew that...and now any recourse? I can still call retention and tell them the whole story, but a week later, it's a much weaker story...
Not much. Next time post on DDF sooner and start recording :)
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline tzifanya54

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2019, 11:24:10 AM »
Not much. Next time post on DDF sooner and start recording :)
Yup, I have pictures of the security guy and manager (whose first name is Matt BTW, next time y'all there ask for Matt and give him hell from me). I am kicking myself that I did not record it though.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2019, 11:27:36 AM »
Unrelated, but there have been so many stories of Jews and issues on planes over the past year and no video recordings. Boggles my mind as that's the first thing I would do.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline tzifanya54

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2019, 11:28:40 AM »
Unrelated, but there have been so many stories of Jews and issues on planes over the past year and no recordings. Boggles my mind as that's the first thing I would do.
Hey at least they weren't accusing me of bad BO, so that's a plus...

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2019, 11:32:56 AM »
Unrelated, but there have been so many stories of Jews and issues on planes over the past year and no video recordings. Boggles my mind as that's the first thing I would do.
Easy to say as a spectator after the fact... When a TSA agent tells your wife to take her shaitel off, I doubt your first reaction will be, hey let's record this guy for example...etc.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline shapsam

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2019, 11:35:18 AM »
Easy to say as a spectator after the fact... When a TSA agent tells your wife to take her shaitel off, I doubt your first reaction will be, hey let's record this guy for example...etc.
You experienced that??

Offline tzifanya54

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2019, 11:37:35 AM »
Had that once actually, they did give us the option of a private screening in a side room if she didn't want to remove it in public, which is what we did.
ETA: IIRC correctly it was a snood, and since she beeped in the metal detector she was asked to remove it.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 11:41:35 AM by tzifanya54 »

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2019, 11:38:15 AM »
You experienced that??
Nope, just an example. Was on a plane that filled with smoke and I did start a video though.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline zow

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2019, 02:45:37 PM »
Ok, I guess I blew that...and now any recourse? I can still call retention and tell them the whole story, but a week later, it's a much weaker story...

I don't think the "oilam" should be making you feel bad.  Easy to play MMQB here.  Sounds like you advocated and pushed as hard as you felt you could without making a total scene.  I wouldn't have thought about calling to cancel the card on the spot...it's the kind of thing you wish you would have thought of doing but rarely does anyone have the insight in the moment.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2019, 02:48:54 PM »
I don't think the "oilam" should be making you feel bad.  Easy to play MMQB here.  Sounds like you advocated and pushed as hard as you felt you could without making a total scene.  I wouldn't have thought about calling to cancel the card on the spot...it's the kind of thing you wish you would have thought of doing but rarely does anyone have the insight in the moment.
Call me crazy, but that would have been my first instinct ;D

Offline zow

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2019, 02:52:28 PM »
Call me crazy, but that would have been my first instinct ;D
Some things you can learn. Others you are just born with.

Offline tzifanya54

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2019, 03:55:11 PM »
Thanks. Also as I stated above it was less than 24 hours to Purim. I had just done a grueling week of shows, my mind has already on the hamentaschen.... :D

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2019, 04:06:10 PM »
Thanks. Also as I stated above it was less than 24 hours to Purim. I had just done a grueling week of shows, my mind has already on the hamentaschen.... :D
https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=4584.0

Offline Emkay

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2019, 04:12:27 PM »

In most of these cases, I'm sure they wouldn't actually want a video going around if it existed. They would usually rather stick with their own narrative.

Offline tzifanya54

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2019, 04:21:41 PM »
In most of these cases, I'm sure they wouldn't actually want a video going around if it existed. They would usually rather stick with their own narrative.
That’s a very broad statement to make.... Yes some scenarios are downplayed, and when the true story comes out the subject ends up looking a lot worse. There are however many legitimate scenarios where the people in power abuse their positions big time. These guys have had long hard days to, but they are in the service industry, and they definitely can’t afford to pull stunts like that.

I personally would have loved having a video of the whole exchange, especially the end where the manager refused to give me his name, picked up my bag (is that even legal?) and threatened to call airport security.

Offline Emkay

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2019, 04:32:39 PM »
That’s a very broad statement to make.... Yes some scenarios are downplayed, and when the true story comes out the subject ends up looking a lot worse. There are however many legitimate scenarios where the people in power abuse their positions big time. These guys have had long hard days to, but they are in the service industry, and they definitely can’t afford to pull stunts like that.

I personally would have loved having a video of the whole exchange, especially the end where the manager refused to give me his name, picked up my bag (is that even legal?) and threatened to call airport security.
I'm referring specifically to the stories on planes that go viral.

Offline Denverite

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2019, 04:35:48 PM »

That actually sounds scary.  It's hearing stories like these when I feel like its often so much easier for women to de-escalate things, especially when it's a power trip like you described.  Not in lounges, but lots of other places, I've been "informed" of no outside food policies and usually I just give them a sheepish expression and a "I am SO sorry sir, I TOTALLY didn't realize" followed by a big smile and "thank you so much for letting me know for next time" and the whole thing quickly ends with a little warning and them letting me finish eating...but I do feel like a man doing that wouldn't play out so well  :)

Offline zow

• View Profile

Offline tzifanya54

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2019, 05:14:16 PM »
+1. What kind of shows?
Primarily ASD show, and ASD preshow. Closeout products..

Offline whYME

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2019, 05:34:35 PM »
Primarily ASD show, and ASD preshow. Closeout products..
I'm gonna assume ASD does not mean Autism Spectrum Disorder here