Author Topic: Kalman Yeger: "Palestine does not exist"  (Read 18281 times)

Offline Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
Re: Re: The Funny/strange/interesting/random Tweets Thread
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2019, 08:15:22 PM »
I've read many. From everything I see, there were plenty of Arabs there before 1948 (think Chevron Massacre). They were actually the majority. Obviously nowhere near what it's like today, but to claim they only came afterwards is not true.
The problem is who is considered a Palestinian. My great grandparents were born in chevron. My family would not be considered Palestinian by anyone just by virtue of being Jewish. That's not the case for any other country in the region (or the world).

Why are indigenous non-Jewish Arabs "Palestinian" and not Israeli? Or Jordanian?

And your claim that "they" were in charge for 800 years - who are "they"? The Turks?

But this whole conversation is besides the point. That tweet was stupid, offensive, and potentially dangerous.

Offline ~King Lake~

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2019, 08:34:54 PM »
The problem is who is considered a Palestinian. My great grandparents were born in chevron. My family would not be considered Palestinian by anyone just by virtue of being Jewish. That's not the case for any other country in the region (or the world).

Why are indigenous non-Jewish Arabs "Palestinian" and not Israeli? Or Jordanian?

And your claim that "they" were in charge for 800 years - who are "they"? The Turks?

But this whole conversation is besides the point. That tweet was stupid, offensive, and potentially dangerous.
+1
I’m in shape, round is a shape…

Offline chinagel

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2019, 09:27:53 PM »
Ok, I was addressing one point, specifically:
before that all the Arabs where either from Syria originally or from Egypt etc. there was no such a thing as a Palestinian nation!! before the Zionists took over Israel it was a huge desert and all of a sudden when the Israelis got the land they started to invest in the land/agriculture and it started looking like a nice place and all the fields that they made into an on-earth paradise with the best fruits and vegetables growing there and the most award winning wines come from Israel today's days of course the Arabs come running saying that the Zionists robbed palatine from the "Palestinians"!!
There were definitely Arabs native to that area before Israelis. And in the above quote Arabs are conflated with Palestinians. So there you have a nation there, call them whatever name you like.
As far as this:

The point is, there was a certain people native to that area who were taken over by others. You can call them whatever you'd like.

I wasn't getting into the whole political thing, just saying that the idea there weren't natives there before the Israelis is untrue.

Offline hvaces42

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2019, 09:34:28 PM »
Yet there was no Palestine. There were indigenous people in America before 1776 yet we have a United States of America. Indigenous people did not have a state.
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline chinagel

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2019, 10:07:19 PM »
Yet there was no Palestine. There were indigenous people in America before 1776 yet we have a United States of America. Indigenous people did not have a state.
I'm not arguing for or against that. Simply pointing out there was a people there, who many of the current "Palestinians" are descendants of. Many of the people who argue for Palestinians (Liberals), also view the US government as oppressors of the Native Americans....

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2019, 10:11:11 PM »
I'm not arguing for or against that. Simply pointing out there was a people there, who many of the current "Palestinians" are descendants of. Many of the people who argue for Palestinians (Liberals), also view the US government as oppressors of the Native Americans....
And that's where you are incorrect. Very few of those in Gaza and the West Bank are descendents of the indigenous population. Those in the refugee camps in Jordan and Syria maybe.
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline chinagel

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2019, 10:24:37 PM »
And that's where you are incorrect. Very few of those in Gaza and the West Bank are descendents of the indigenous population. Those in the refugee camps in Jordan and Syria maybe.
If you're only counting Gaza and West Bank, maybe. Though I don't see how you'd know that.
There are countless other refugee camps and villages scattered throughout that can be called "Occupied".

Offline yitzgar

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2019, 10:41:14 PM »
The Arabs that lived there before the British mandate were Jordanian. After British mandate it became Israel. The region is known as Palestine during the British mandate. There was never a people called Palestinians. It was dumb to tweet it, as frustrating as the liberal narrative of the situation makes us.

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2019, 10:59:59 PM »
The Arabs that lived there before the British mandate were Jordanian. After British mandate it became Israel. The region is known as Palestine during the British mandate. There was never a people called Palestinians. It was dumb to tweet it, as frustrating as the liberal narrative of the situation makes us.
Jordan, Syria, Palestine all inventions of Sykes/Picot. The Arabs were Turkish subjects for hundreds of years. They never wanted a Palestine until the Jews wanted their homeland back.

Offline as2

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2019, 11:27:18 PM »
I'm not sure why any of that matters. If you fight a war, and win land in the process, is it not rightfully yours? If the US invaded Canada, and took it over per se, would it not be part of the US?
Memories last forever, make them while you can.

Offline yitzgar

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2019, 11:34:03 PM »
I'm not sure why any of that matters. If you fight a war, and win land in the process, is it not rightfully yours? If the US invaded Canada, and took it over per se, would it not be part of the US?
Also a good point. Especially when it was a  defensive war

Offline as2

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2019, 11:46:35 PM »
Also a good point. Especially when it was a  defensive war
I've always wondered how people sided with the native Americans as far as land ownership. You lost a war, do you not believe in wars? I guess when you have an agenda nothing will stop you.
Memories last forever, make them while you can.

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2019, 11:49:43 PM »
I've always wondered how people sided with the native Americans as far as land ownership. You lost a war, do you not believe in wars? I guess when you have an agenda nothing will stop you.
Exactly, including protesting a councilman who stated a fact, because it doesn't comport with their agenda...and the protest furthers their anti-semitic agenda.

Offline ludmila

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Diamond,Marriott Platinum,SPG Platinum.
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2019, 12:02:52 AM »
There was no Jordanians, Jordan never existed before. The Jordanian Hashemite family and those who accompanied them to the area were Saudi Royals who had a feud with Al Saud ,the current Saudi Royal family and fled Saudia to what is now Jordan.
I was the Best,still the Best, and will always be the Best.
Pele Good,Maradona Better, George Best.

Offline ~King Lake~

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2019, 12:03:35 AM »
Look what happened when Russia invaded in Ukraine, the whole world was up condemning putting sanctions, where is the common sense? The one stronger the one who wins gets the land, no? Am I wrong?

Offline ~King Lake~

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2019, 12:06:32 AM »
There was no Jordanians, Jordan never existed before. The Jordanian Hashemite family and those who accompanied them to the area were Saudi Royals who had a feud with Al Saud ,the current Saudi Royal family and fled Saudia to what is now Jordan.
So why don't the Palestinians say that the Jordanians took away their land?

Offline ludmila

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Diamond,Marriott Platinum,SPG Platinum.
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2019, 12:08:37 AM »
So why don't the Palestinians say that the Jordanians took away their land?
Was not their land, it was a desert , where only some bedouins lived.
I was the Best,still the Best, and will always be the Best.
Pele Good,Maradona Better, George Best.

Offline yesitsme

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile

Offline YesThatsMe

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2019, 12:13:54 AM »
Read a book? You mean Berel Wein?

On a serious note, there was plenty of Arab Muslims in Palestine before 1948, that did not come with the Aliya waves. Lydda and Ramle, Jaffa, Nablus, Hebron, Acre, Haifa, Jenin, and Jericho etc. were significantly sized Muslim towns. Jerusalem was on the larger end, and 80% Muslim. Nazareth and -interestingly enough- Ramallah, were Arab Christian. The Jews were very sparse pre 1850, settled mainly in Safed and Jerusalem with small communities in Tiberias and Hebron. The waves of Aliya brought the population to a 70-30 ratio which was the number the British sought to maintain. All the talk of net immigration by Arabs to Palestine is blatantly false, peddled by the Israelis. There was a net migration of Arabs from Palestine in the 1880-1960 era, which is the bulk of the Jewish Aliya. The Arab birthrate, until today, is higher than the Jewish one. If Arabs were coming in, then the population here would be a Arab majority, which was only avoided by this net migration.

That being said, the Arabs have plenty land of their own and should make way for the Jews who have been wandering around for 2,000 years. Let’s ignore the fact that authentic Judaism, the version that has lasted these 2,000 years, rejects “forcing the Messiah”. Let’s take all these Arabs and push them out. And then let’s wonder why they want to murder us. Let’s point to the beautiful country we built (by schnorring from the Germans and Americans) and hide behind our advancement. And let’s promote the fact we are a true democracy (as long as you’re not Arab, Mizrachi, or Chareidi- but hey, America had slaves once too).

I love Eretz Yisrael, spent most of my life there, do a lot of business there, but am sickened by Zionism more everyday that goes by.

Offline YesThatsMe

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2019, 12:18:08 AM »
Was not their land, it was a desert , where only some bedouins lived.

1) 65% is non desert
2) Bedouin are humans too. Just saying
3) Read my list of towns that had actual buildings and streets and stuff, which were Arab