Author Topic: Screen Crack Rant  (Read 1138 times)

Offline Yonah

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Screen Crack Rant
« on: March 29, 2019, 02:53:56 PM »
Just a rant...

So I bought a tablet/laptop hybrid on Woot just over a year ago. Of course, I am just beyond the one year warranty and I drop the thing and the screen cracks - a hairline crack that's hardly noticeable, and I could probably go on with it this way for a while, so long as it doesn't get worse (which I am sure it will).

I figured it didn't hurt to call samsung support. I tried their chat feature:

20 minutes and four CSRs later, they told me that they couldn't help me, and gave me a number to call.  It was weird because it wasn't a toll-free #, but I called anyway
30 minutes and 3 CSRs later, i was trapped in voicemail hell, and sent an angry tweet as I hung up.
3 minutes later, I explained the issue to, quite literally, the 8th samsung rep I spoke to today.
120 minutes later, I finally get a response that they can't do anything for me, and I would have to send it in for repair - total cost $300

:(

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
Re: Screen Crack Rant
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2019, 02:59:56 PM »
Welcome to the 21st century.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2019, 03:10:15 PM »
Extended warranty via cc?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline yitzgar

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2019, 03:51:06 PM »

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2019, 04:00:34 PM »

Ftfy
No one had these problems 19 years ago... Yes it is a part of everyone's life these days...
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline yitzgar

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2019, 04:04:55 PM »
No one had these problems 19 years ago... Yes it is a part of everyone's life these days...
But there were always things that broke that you we're stuck with. Just the items that are new. C'est la vi

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2019, 07:17:41 AM »
Send it into samsung and then once they have an estimate for the repair call in and haggle with them, they're very good when it comes to payments, they offer 50% off on the repair or take off x amount.
 Doesn't hurt to send in and try, much harder to convince before you send the product in, but after they have it and all they need is the payment for the go ahead in the repair they will then be willing to reduce the price.
 Again HUCA even then if one says no...

Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501