Topic Wiki

https://www.dansdeals.com/points-travel/milespoints/final-days-transfer-amex-points-el-al-mileage-deal-decade-everything-need-know-booking-el-al-awards-qantas/

You can transfer AMEX Or Citi points to Qantas at a 1:1 ratio, Barclays points at a 1.4:1 ratio, Capital One points at a 2:1.5 ratio, or Marriott points to Qantas at a 60K:25K ratio.

Qantas doesn’t charge fuel surcharges for El Al flights.
Infants are free (besides taxes). They also get a regular checked baggage allowance of 23 kg.

QF runs regular transfer bonus promos. Be sure to transfer 500 points into your account and opt in for emails to get targeted.

Search availability on elal.com
Flights are bookable from NYC, BOS, MIA, and LAX.

SMS is the easiest way to contact Qantas. The number is 1-478-772-6827. This can be used for airports that are unavailable online.

NYC-TLV is 37.8k points each way in Y, 63k in premium economy and 78k in J.
On 9/18/19 premium economy will be going up to 70.8k and J will be going up to 90k (each way).
Cancellation fee is 6k points.
« Last edited by Dan on July 01, 2019, 09:46:55 PM »

Author Topic: Booking El Al with Qantas - master thread  (Read 308877 times)

Offline Aviw

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
Re: Booking El Al with Qantas - master thread
« Reply #1560 on: February 01, 2024, 02:54:58 PM »
Can I change just one leg of round-trip booking? Or do i have to cancel and rebook?

Offline ShlomoI

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: February 08, 2024, 10:01:12 PM »
So I found out that when there is an infant in the booking, QF needs to issue the tickets manually.
I sent them a message through twitter and they issued within 2 hours

Thanks for the heads up! I just messaged them via FB and hopefully will have this resolved soon!

Offline maxamex932

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: February 13, 2024, 09:58:05 AM »
Not sure if you resolved this yet but i had the same issue. I booked an awards business ticket with an infant and downgraded to economy shortly after booking. They told me it would take between 24-48 hours for the booking to be ticketed. The ticket was still unticketed for over a week. I wasted a bunch of time on the phone with the agents who promised me this would be resolved as the end of each phone call. In the end, it still wasn't ticketed for almost 2 weeks and i asked them to just cancel the flight and i will rebook it myself (wish i thought of this earlier). Even once i cancelled, it took a few days for me to get my points back (I messaged them on facebook which seemed to get things moving)
Overall, i have never encountered or experienced issues like this with any airline. Will keep this in mind when booking Qantas in the future.

Thanks for the heads up! I just messaged them via FB and hopefully will have this resolved soon!

Offline bendor

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: February 13, 2024, 02:08:55 PM »
Cancelled a ticket online, messaged them on FB the next day to ask for them to refund the points and they were back in my account within 24 hrs.

Offline ShlomoI

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: February 13, 2024, 05:21:08 PM »

Just an update - they replied to my FB message over Shabbos asking for passenger names, flight details, etc. I responded after Shabbos and still no response from them.

I tried calling the help center yesterday and they said it was never sent to ticketing (as we all know by now) but they were going to put it in the cue and it should be ticketed in 24-48 hours. 24 hours later and no ticket yet…..

Offline ShimonFly

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LY SL
« Reply #1565 on: March 03, 2024, 09:19:32 AM »
Booked LY J with Qantas, ELAL changed the schedule to an hour earlier, would they be able to put me onto different flight with no award space? And is there any upside of clicking "confirm change" or rather not if my plans will change?