Author Topic: Dimeththyltryptamine (DMT) & Halacha  (Read 27056 times)

Offline JuryDuty

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 18
    • View Profile
Re: Dimeththyltryptamine (DMT) & Halacha
« Reply #100 on: December 16, 2021, 10:15:18 AM »
they gave me there blessing to try it

Assuming all of this is true, make sure to keep contact with professionals throughout. Also, find a rabbi skilled in these areas (ie mental health), you might be surprised what the psak would be in your extreme case
Jury Duty: Nothing to do there but chill and write a TR. Kinda like the beach but missing the view and ocean breeze.

Offline as2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 16, 2021, 10:18:59 AM »
As seen upthread, there are benefits to DMT, but know the risks. There a many ways to experience it outside of it's religious origins, but make sure you stay safe doing so. In clinical settings it is not typically associated with ritual. It can also be done in the comfort of your own home.
Memories last forever, make them while you can.

Offline Ver hut gazugt

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 16, 2021, 10:27:46 AM »
great idea, i have already  emailed the star k and sent them  some articles on the retreats and on the shamans ,
although i hope the op reads this as his post seemed to imply that the drug would be administered in a  medical facility and not in a rainforest( with shamans) ,
p.s the dmt is amazing it cleans out anything you have suppressed your whole life

Stupid question, did you try therapy, if yes how many therapist have you seen? It might pay to see someone good who can help you get to the root of your hardship.
Also, ketamine can be takin as a pill or infusion, some find one type more helpful then the other.
Ultimately, I think you will need to work on finding the root cause, generally medication can help but won’t solve the issue.   

Offline yeshiva guy

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 16, 2021, 11:28:37 AM »
Assuming all of this is true, make sure to keep contact with professionals throughout. Also, find a rabbi skilled in these areas (ie mental health), you might be surprised what the psak would be in your extreme case
i'm trying to find a rabbi who knows about health any leads would be appreciated

Offline JuryDuty

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 16, 2021, 11:32:20 AM »
i'm trying to find a rabbi who knows about health any leads would be appreciated

Amudim would be a great resource for that specix question
Jury Duty: Nothing to do there but chill and write a TR. Kinda like the beach but missing the view and ocean breeze.

Offline YitzyS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 16, 2021, 11:33:42 AM »
Amudim would be a great resource for that specix question

I would imagine that Amudim or the like will have direct knowledge and experience.
thanks for your response , i tried them but they said they have no idea, they said they to ask my LOR, but my local rabbi have no knowledge in this area

Offline yeshiva guy

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 16, 2021, 11:38:16 AM »
Stupid question, did you try therapy, if yes how many therapist have you seen? It might pay to see someone good who can help you get to the root of your hardship.
Also, ketamine can be takin as a pill or infusion, some find one type more helpful then the other.
Ultimately, I think you will need to work on finding the root cause, generally medication can help but won’t solve the issue.

yes,to many to count, i took the infusion which is accepted as the best method, if i knew the root cause i think to problem would be absolved , apparently dmt  unsupresses your psyche and thats why im very inclined to take the dmt

Offline yeshiva guy

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 16, 2021, 11:42:14 AM »
As seen upthread, there are benefits to DMT, but know the risks. There a many ways to experience it outside of it's religious origins, but make sure you stay safe doing so. In clinical settings it is not typically associated with ritual. It can also be done in the comfort of your own home.

the risks are minimal , in my case the risk of not doing it is worse, it's illegal in the usa and most western countries its a felony in the usa, that being said there's no clinics that administer this drug in any country that im aware of, i could buy it of the streets but it's illegal and i would want a professional by my side

Offline yeshiva guy

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 16, 2021, 11:45:36 AM »
this article gives more insight to my halachic delema
https://nypost.com/article/ayahuasca-retreat-first-timer-guide-experience/

Offline lcm

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 16, 2021, 11:55:25 AM »
thanks for your response , i tried them but they said they have no idea, they said they to ask my LOR, but my local rabbi have no knowledge in this area
Maybe people involved in cultbusting and the like would know which rabbonim are knowledgeable in these areas.

Offline as2

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 16, 2021, 12:29:54 PM »
the risks are minimal , in my case the risk of not doing it is worse, it's illegal in the usa and most western countries its a felony in the usa, that being said there's no clinics that administer this drug in any country that im aware of, i could buy it of the streets but it's illegal and i would want a professional by my side
Correct, it is low risk physically, but mentally can be a bit much for people. It seems like you are familiar with other substances that would lead you up to DMT. It is the mother of all psychoactives. You can get lab made DMT vapes, but I can't vouch for their safety, and the environment in which it's used is extremely important. Have you tried MDMA or Psilocybin? Psilocybin can do amazing things both micro dosing as well as regular consumption.

Offline jaywhy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 16, 2021, 01:49:28 PM »
hello , i am looking to take ayahuasca  or magic mushrooms to treat my depression , however the  retreats  that have this treatment has shamans (religious guides) that make pagan rituals on the medicine so it makes it impossible for religious jews to attend do you you have any suggestions?
p.s i tried ketamine and pharmaceuticals in the usa already nothing works
You can easily grow psilocybin mushrooms at home with readily available materials....

Offline yeshiva guy

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 16, 2021, 02:09:44 PM »
Correct, it is low risk physically, but mentally can be a bit much for people. It seems like you are familiar with other substances that would lead you up to DMT. It is the mother of all psychoactives. You can get lab made DMT vapes, but I can't vouch for their safety, and the environment in which it's used is extremely important. Have you tried MDMA or Psilocybin? Psilocybin can do amazing things both micro dosing as well as regular consumption.
i wouldn't try the vapes due to lack of research, i would try shrooms or dmt although like you said dmt is the mother and i feel like my  personal situation requires the mother, but i would settle from shrooms , i tried ketamine infusion at a dr office however that's as far as i went never did anything else , yes im open to microdosing but i don't know where to get it from and im afraid of buying of the street because of purity, also its complicated to microdose it yourself , they sell pre microdosed pcs of chocolate in amsterdam but its not kosher if it was i would fly there and ship to myself under an alias

Offline yeshiva guy

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 16, 2021, 02:13:22 PM »
You can easily grow psilocybin mushrooms at home with readily available materials....
i don't know how test the potency check for poison ,microdose it  ect..

Offline as2

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 16, 2021, 02:16:47 PM »
i wouldn't try the vapes due to lack of research, i would try shrooms or dmt although like you said dmt is the mother and i feel like my  personal situation requires the mother, but i would settle from shrooms , i tried ketamine infusion at a dr office however that's as far as i went never did anything else , yes im open to microdosing but i don't know where to get it from and im afraid of buying of the street because of purity, also its complicated to microdose it yourself , they sell pre microdosed pcs of chocolate in amsterdam but its not kosher if it was i would fly there and ship to myself under an alias
As he said, you can grow mushrooms pretty easily. It's a simple task as long as you keep it sterile and don't overcomplicate it.

Mushrooms have a unique way of opening up your mind, and can often have effects afterwards that are helpful, oftentimes more so than the actual experience. They allow you to think in ways you didn't before.

They've been decriminalized in places, and shouldn't be hard to get ahold of. The spores are actually legal to buy and can be shipped to your home.

I'd shoot for mushrooms before DMT. Psilocybin is known to help with depression. 

Offline as2

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 16, 2021, 02:19:49 PM »
i don't know how test the potency check for poison ,microdose it  ect..
You don't need to check for poison, just buy the spores from a reputable online source. As far as dosage, talk to someone who knows, and do your own research. It's all out there.

For what it's worth, you can't overdose on shrooms. 

Offline jaywhy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 16, 2021, 06:35:27 PM »
You don't need to check for poison, just buy the spores from a reputable online source. As far as dosage, talk to someone who knows, and do your own research. It's all out there.

For what it's worth, you can't overdose on shrooms.
http://sporeworks.com/ is a reputable supplier of spores.
https://www.midwestgrowkits.com/  for grow kits.
Dosing. 3.5g of dried mushrooms for a real trip, don't do it alone, get a trusted friend to babysit you.
Microdosing is .1-.35g on interval days. Look up the Fadiman protocol.
PM's are open.  ;)

Offline ah giten

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 16, 2021, 06:51:28 PM »
according to this video, the Whim Hoff breathing technique may have a similar effect in a natural way.

Offline Philosophypsych

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 21, 2021, 12:23:07 AM »
great idea, i have already  emailed the star k and sent them  some articles on the retreats and on the shamans ,
although i hope the op reads this as his post seemed to imply that the drug would be administered in a  medical facility and not in a rainforest( with shamans) ,
p.s the dmt is amazing it cleans out anything you have suppressed your whole life
Hi there, sorry haven't been here in a while...yeah the clinical settings I was referring too at the time were out of the USA it was actually in Australia...but you may want to look at possible options here in the USA, check out https://clinicaltrials.gov/ I'll attach some links on the bottom but their are a ton of psychedelic clinical trials going on, you would need to research which ones have DMT and see if you can get in...as far as the Vapes go, for me it didn't do anything but I can gladly give it to you should you want to try it...regardless the vape isn't intended to give you the Ayahuasca expierance it lasts only a minute or two and for me personally it did nothing, it's intended for someone who's into it and wants to have a micro expierance on a regular basis...Also the vape I have is N, N DMT not 5-meo-dmt.

Also as others have mentioned, you may want to experiment with Mescaline or Psilocybin before going to DMT.

If what you're looking for is 1 dose of 5-meo-dmt then PM me I can help you with that. But you would be on your own and have to find a good setting and someone to be with you when you try it...

Have you tried Holotropic Breathwork? I've heard of some Frum coaches recently in the NY area if that's important to you.
Have you looked into DBS(Deep Brain Stimulation)? I know some ppl that have had success with it although I won't lie, it's a real ordeal not just the procedure itself but even afterwards until you adapt to it and find the perfect shock/stimulation levels that you function properly at can take some time (you may not be able to swim after that just a random fact)

אבל אנחנו מאמינים בני מאמינים so don't forget about Tfillah. Researching methods and practices of making your tefillah more powerful and transformational can be just as affective or more.
אפילו חרב חדה...אל ימנע עצמו מן הרחמים!
Wishing you a Refua shlaima bkarov.

https://psychedelic.support/education/
https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acsomega.0c05099

Offline yeshiva guy

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 21, 2021, 10:44:10 AM »
As he said, you can grow mushrooms pretty easily. It's a simple task as long as you keep it sterile and don't overcomplicate it.

Mushrooms have a unique way of opening up your mind, and can often have effects afterwards that are helpful, oftentimes more so than the actual experience. They allow you to think in ways you didn't before.

They've been decriminalized in places, and shouldn't be hard to get ahold of. The spores are actually legal to buy and can be shipped to your home.

I'd shoot for mushrooms before DMT. Psilocybin is known to help with depression.

thank you i am going to order spores , however it takes 2 months to grow ,that being said im trying to source them in teh mean time , as i want to microdose with them