Author Topic: Amex Closed Accounts  (Read 106909 times)

Offline 1najol1

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Amex Closed Accounts
« Reply #300 on: August 10, 2023, 12:22:15 AM »
Did you need to pay down the 0% APR balance?
I ended my 0% APR period and didn’t charge anything above $100 on my AMEX account, paid always minimum payment +$1. The APR was more important to me.

Offline Yenty

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 24, 2023, 12:05:30 PM »
Amex closed my account, any way to save my points? I got a few days until it will expire.

Offline Shaya E

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 24, 2023, 06:52:41 PM »
Amex closed my account, any way to save my points? I got a few days until it will expire.
Transfer them?

Offline Newcc

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 30, 2023, 02:39:43 PM »
I've been an American Express card holder since 2006 and a business card holder since 2011, both SPG. Yesterday I got an email letting me know my accounts were closed - see pasted text below. I tried calling them and all they would say was that there were charges identified as non goods and services and I would never be allowed an Amex card in the future.

I have never been late on a payment and had a $27k credit limit on my personal card and a $350k limit on the business card. My credit score is 820 and I've always provided them whatever financials they requested.

The only thing I can think of is that in previous years I put a lot of charges on the business card, over $6m a year and this year, because the Marriott points aren't worth as much, I've barely used it. I did have an Amex rep come down to meet me trying to get me to move my buying over to another card, but the rewards were not as good as what I am currently getting.

Has anybody ever experienced this and are there any options?

Thanks!

"We want to let you know that after a recent review of your American Express® account(s), we have cancelled the accounts referenced above because one or more of these accounts, or other accounts to which these accounts are linked, have been identified as not being used for the intended purpose.

Important steps to take for your cancelled accounts

For next steps, please complete the following:

Ensure that any Additional Card Members are also advised of the cancellation(s).
Cut your Cards in half or, in the case of titanium Cards, please return them to us and we'll destroy them for you.
Cancel any standing orders, subscriptions, and automatic billing directly with the merchants."

Has anyone ever had luck reopening Amex after having this experience?