Author Topic: Amex Closed Accounts  (Read 104883 times)

Offline m65

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Amex Closed Accounts
« Reply #280 on: June 09, 2020, 06:13:10 PM »
Mr depending on if they claim points abuse can be used for 30/60 days
does that apply to amazon points on the amex amazon prime card as well?

Offline Wnswa

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 02, 2022, 11:15:38 PM »
Any dp how to get Amazon rewards back after getting shut down from amex

Offline Wnswa

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 05, 2022, 09:45:54 PM »
Just got shutdown from amex bh got like 2 million Mr back but not having luck on a million amazon rewards does anyone have any tips tx

Offline eve

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 06, 2022, 09:05:11 PM »
anyone have luck being approved for AMex after was shut down for abuse of card? Its 3 years now but i heard from someone it might take 5-7 years. Anyone ?

Offline Jeremiah

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 07, 2022, 03:28:55 PM »
Just got shutdown from amex bh got like 2 million Mr back but not having luck on a million amazon rewards does anyone have any tips tx
How did you get Amex to reinstate MR?

Offline Wnswa

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: February 08, 2022, 12:06:37 AM »
Few hucas very important to have linked accounts with your name on it bc u can't add any different accounts once it's closed and it must be a account with your name on it

Offline m65

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: April 07, 2022, 06:53:37 PM »
an AU with his own login, can safely pay bill from his own account, or is that asking for a shutdown?

Offline R.A.T.

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 08, 2022, 08:09:38 AM »
an AU with his own login, can safely pay bill from his own account, or is that asking for a shutdown?
Paying from your account will not be an issue.

Offline killamatic12

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 28, 2022, 12:49:51 AM »
I just tried to apply for an AMEX card- 1st time in a long time and was told "you are not eligible for the bonus" I only have one card with them currently that I don't use much. When I called to find out why the representative said "you took advantage of bonuses and are not eligible ever" is there anything to do about this?

Offline LoLo

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 28, 2022, 09:56:32 AM »
I just tried to apply for an AMEX card- 1st time in a long time and was told "you are not eligible for the bonus" I only have one card with them currently that I don't use much. When I called to find out why the representative said "you took advantage of bonuses and are not eligible ever" is there anything to do about this?
Ymmv, try playing with the address, phone number, etc.

Sometimes it just goes away after a couple days/weeks.

Offline R.A.T.

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 28, 2022, 11:10:53 AM »
Sometimes it just goes away after a couple days/weeks.
It could also be years.

Offline Yehudaa

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 111
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 28, 2022, 01:43:31 PM »
Spend as regularly as possible on your existing card and then try to apply again in a couple months.

Offline killamatic12

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 29, 2022, 10:33:19 AM »
Thanks for your help everyone. @LoLo I'll keep trying.  Not getting my hopes up.
@Yehudaa i recently have been spending on it but just to make sure they dont close it down. I'll try to start spending more on it.

Offline chinagel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 02, 2023, 11:09:35 AM »
Hit the spend threshold on my 5th BP. Bonus posted. Got a charge refunded to put it under threshold. Pending charges will put it back over. Does that mean I'm getting eyes on the account? Shutdown coming?

Offline killamatic12

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: April 16, 2023, 11:13:54 AM »
Almost been a year and nothing. I spent on the card regularly and tried changing name a little and phone number and email. NADA. It must be connected with my Social. I didnt abuse the system like a lot have. Yes, I have applied for a business card or two and a yr after canceled but not that many cards. surprised no one else experienced this

Offline Gvann

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF gold elite, AA Executive Platinum, DL outcasted platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Hyatt Discoverist
« Reply #295 on: April 18, 2023, 04:28:36 PM »
Hit the spend threshold on my 5th BP. Bonus posted. Got a charge refunded to put it under threshold. Pending charges will put it back over. Does that mean I'm getting eyes on the account? Shutdown coming?

I would not think so if before the time of the sign up bonus window those pending charges post. I think that if they feel you don’t deserve the bonus they would just take it away but nothing to do with account in general

Online ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #296 on: August 09, 2023, 05:33:33 PM »
Not sure if there's a better thread, but I fear what might be coming down the pipeline with AMEX.

I recently applied for AMEX Blue Business Cash accounts for myself and DW.

Given the 2% cash back and 12 months of 0% APR, I moved other credit lines to these accounts and maxed them out at about 40k each.

Last week I got notices on the BP accounts to make a payment in order to avoid declined charges. This was despite a $0 balance on DW's account. I made a $1 payment on her account just in case some flag was there, and on my own account I brought down the balance (mid cycle) by about $2,500 (intending to pay the rest when due).

However, it seems like AMEX is restricting usage on both BP accounts to charges of up to $100. Additionally, they cut the CL on DW's AMEX Everyday Preferred from 15k to under 1k.

Does this mean bad news in the pipeline? Any way to prepare preemptively?
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #297 on: August 09, 2023, 08:59:44 PM »
Not sure if there's a better thread, but I fear what might be coming down the pipeline with AMEX.

Given the 2% cash back and 12 months of 0% APR, I moved other credit lines to these accounts and maxed them out at about 40k each.

Last week I got notices on the BP accounts to make a payment in order to avoid declined charges. This was despite a $0 balance on DW's account. I made a $1 payment on her account just in case some flag was there, and on my own account I brought down the balance (mid cycle) by about $2,500 (intending to pay the rest when due).

However, it seems like AMEX is restricting usage on both BP accounts to charges of up to $100. Additionally, they cut the CL on DW's AMEX Everyday Preferred from 15k to under 1k.

Recently had a similar experience on my Blue Cash and one of my Business Cash cards.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline 1najol1

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 09, 2023, 11:03:50 PM »

Had same, But didn’t resulted in anything further. Within a few months everything was back to normal.

Online ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #299 on: August 09, 2023, 11:55:02 PM »
Had same, But didn’t resulted in anything further. Within a few months everything was back to normal.

Did you need to pay down the 0% APR balance?
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan