Author Topic: PSA: Trading With New Members!  (Read 34374 times)

Offline stephon415

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: PSA: Trading With New Members!
« Reply #75 on: March 19, 2021, 02:33:02 PM »
If youíre comfortable sharing your ID, personal info, doing a video call, sharing your eBay/other account where you have a presence (and prove itís your account), those should all help.
Yes, if I have potential buyers/sellers, I will be sure to share all of this info with them. Thanks for the tip.

Offline stephon415

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 19, 2021, 02:35:08 PM »
You can give the other party (the verified member) the upper hand. In other words: if you're buying, pay first, if you're selling, get paid after the whole thing is done. Then, it should be easier for people to do business with you, and you can eventually become a verified member yourself.
I was considering this as well. Hopefully, the potential buyer/seller has a good reputation already. Thank you for the tip.

Offline Yehudaa

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 82
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 19, 2021, 02:56:40 PM »
You can give the other party (the verified member) the upper hand. In other words: if you're buying, pay first, if you're selling, get paid after the whole thing is done. Then, it should be easier for people to do business with you, and you can eventually become a verified member yourself.
That works well when it's a sale that can't be undone by the seller, like a gc that the reputable buyer uses immediately and only then pays the seller. However, that doesn't help as much for something like a hotel cert where the seller could cancel it after payment if he wants. It ensures that the seller won't take your money and run without making a reservation, but it definitely doesn't cover all risks. I assume the only way to really cover all risks is to have the reputable buyer only pay after the stay, which is obviously only reasonable if it's really soon.

I'm certainly not accusing @stephon415 of anything, just pointing out that the method suggested doesn't offer a ton of protection in this particular case.

Offline yungermanchik

• View Profile
  • Location: Previous Signatures: If you chapped hana'ah from a post, like it; You think you know the answers and things are the way they seem.. it just ain't so -The Rebbe from Lublin-
« Reply #78 on: March 19, 2021, 03:01:16 PM »
is to have the reputable buyer only pay after the stay.

That's what I meant by
if you're selling, get paid after the whole thing is done.
Small people talk about other people.
Average people talk about things
BIG PEOPLE TALK ABOUT IDEAS.

Offline Yehudaa

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 82
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 19, 2021, 03:04:05 PM »
That's what I meant by
if you're selling, get paid after the whole thing is done.
Well then, I misunderstood you. My apologies :)