Author Topic: How to remove a google account from my Amazon Fire HD8 Tablet?  (Read 1179 times)

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
I tried google searching this question but no luck with that, maybe someone here has another option?

I can do this but would rather avoid doing that ,as in this scenario i would need to re-download all my apps.
(There is another way to remove your account without rooting it, simply uninstall all 4 apps( google account manager, google services framework, google play services and google play store) and reinstalled them again.)

I found this one video on YouTube ,but his is not an Amazon tablet and would avoid the rooting option.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kUmw0sKHqE
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline Yisroel Tech

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: How to remove a google account from my Amazon Fire HD8 Tablet?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2019, 10:06:37 AM »
I'm a bit unclear on what your question is.

But why would you need to uninstall/reinstall the apps, you should be able to just clear the data for then.

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2019, 03:57:02 PM »
I'm a bit unclear on what your question is.

But why would you need to uninstall/reinstall the apps, you should be able to just clear the data for then.
Since it's an amazon Tablet, there's no google services. What I mean by that it's not a cell phone that has google accounts, here it's a fire tablet which has the play store and once you add an account there's no way to remove it. Yes really weird. Clearing the settings would mean clearing all the apps.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline Yisroel Tech

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2019, 04:01:45 PM »
Since it's an amazon Tablet, there's no google services. What I mean by that it's not a cell phone that has google accounts, here it's a fire tablet which has the play store and once you add an account there's no way to remove it. Yes really weird. Clearing the settings would mean clearing all the apps.
Not sure why you say so. Go to Settings>Applications (or it's equivalent in the Amazon tablet) and find the account/Google/play store app and clear data in it

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2019, 04:03:19 PM »
Not sure why you say so. Go to Settings>Applications (or it's equivalent in the Amazon tablet) and find the account/Google/play store app and clear data in it
Will try that as soon as I get a second.