Author Topic: Lakewood Forest Fire  (Read 39072 times)

Offline grodnoking

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
Re: Lakewood Forest Fire
« Reply #160 on: April 16, 2019, 11:38:06 AM »
How did you get to this?
Easy:

Kumzits gets cancelled - goes to iPlayAmerica instead - meets a friend from elementary school who is not the best person to be around - becomes friends with him because he's mad at the establishment (but obviously doesn't think that the friend will have that bad of a effect on him) - slowly but surely they go lower and lower and he becomes part of that crowd - after sometime trys weed - some friends are doing other drugs - he trys other drugs - he gets addicted after some time - then the worst happens c"v.

That's how.
I'm not who you think I am.

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #161 on: April 16, 2019, 11:39:33 AM »
Easy:

Kumzits gets cancelled - goes to iPlayAmerica instead - meets a friend from elementary school who is not the best person to be around - becomes friends with him because he's mad at the establishment (but obviously doesn't think that the friend will have that bad of a effect on him) - slowly but surely they go lower and lower and he becomes part of that crowd - after sometime trys weed - some friends are doing other drugs - he trys other drugs - he gets addicted after some time - then the worst happens c"v.

That's how.
Let's just call that a long stretch rather than easy.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline mmgfarb

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 16, 2019, 11:40:14 AM »
Easy:

That's how.
Quite the stretch there but you forgot mixed dancing, that's the real kuntz.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Online Something Fishy

• Global Moderator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 44
    • View Profile
    • Kosher Horizons
« Reply #163 on: April 16, 2019, 11:41:01 AM »
Easy:

That's how.

Check out my site for epic kosher adventures: Kosher Horizons

Offline stooges44

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 269
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 16, 2019, 11:46:05 AM »
Easy:

That's how.

Let's just call that a long stretch rather than easy.

Yes that is a long stretch and if that actually manifests then that I imagine a lot more is going on then just a cancelled event.

IMHO one of the worst parts of this whole episode is all the brewing hatred, finger pointing, he said/she said, and other non-constructive talk that will dominate all of these peoples yom tov meals. All the lashon hora that has and will be spread over the next 2 weeks is frightening.
If it's not free shipping it's not worth it.

Online ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
« Reply #165 on: April 16, 2019, 11:50:26 AM »
There's a audio clip of a phone call going around on WhatsApp between one of the organizers and one of the destructors (for lack of better word)..
It'll shed alot of of light on the situation..

what's the best way to upload it?
https://www.tunestotube.com/
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline mmgfarb

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 16, 2019, 11:50:50 AM »
Yes that is a long stretch and if that actually manifests then that I imagine a lot more is going on then just a cancelled event.

IMHO one of the worst parts of this whole episode is all the brewing hatred, finger pointing, he said/she said, and other non-constructive talk that will dominate all of these peoples yom tov meals. All the lashon hora that has and will be spread over the next 2 weeks is frightening.
Welcome to the real world where actions have unintended consequences, think twice before you do things.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Online yitzgar

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 16, 2019, 11:51:42 AM »

There  is a Calvin and Hobbes strip for every situation in life

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 16, 2019, 12:01:55 PM »

This is why I basically quashed all conversation about it in my house. The boys seeing parents talking the way some are on this forum is much more detrimental than what actually happened. The tumult about it is the bigger problem.

Online yitzgar

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 16, 2019, 12:05:56 PM »
Again, I think one of the greatest issues not discussed is why don't the parents have control over these kids? Or do they condone it?

Offline joey89

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 16, 2019, 12:07:58 PM »
Again, I think one of the greatest issues not discussed is why don't the parents have control over these kids? Or do they condone it?
It could be the parents are also exasperated by the kanoim. So they will turn a blind eye.

Online yitzgar

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 16, 2019, 12:12:00 PM »
It could be the parents are also exasperated by the kanoim. So they will turn a blind eye.
That is a bigger issue. Bad enough that kids think it's ok to riot and damage property, worse if adults are ok with it, no matter the justification.

Offline joey89

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 16, 2019, 12:14:28 PM »
That is a bigger issue. Bad enough that kids think it's ok to riot and damage property, worse if adults are ok with it, no matter the justification.
Not arguing the point. Human emotions cause people to act in ways that can be detrimental.

Offline avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 16, 2019, 12:30:21 PM »
The overwhelming majority (especially the first night) were not rioting or damaging property. I don't see an issue with adults being OK with their kids peacefully protesting in front of this guys house.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 16, 2019, 12:32:57 PM »
The overwhelming majority (especially the first night) were not rioting or damaging property. I don't see an issue with adults being OK with their kids peacefully protesting in front of this guys house.
I do. They were not only protesting the person who instigated it but rather also the rabbonim. That is not an appropriate way to do things.

Offline davidrotts63

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 26
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Gold, Hyatt Member, BA Blue, Ebay banned, Amazon Prime
« Reply #175 on: April 16, 2019, 12:35:46 PM »
I do. They were not only protesting the person who instigated it but rather also the rabbonim. That is not an appropriate way to do things.
Has anything else worked?
The protesting rabanim is the unfortunate outcome they caused with this, which is the worst of it IMHO.
(Quit) pulling out the flowers, and watering the weeds. -Peter Lynch

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 16, 2019, 12:37:33 PM »
Has anything else worked?
The protesting rabanim is the unfortunate outcome they caused with this, which is the worst of it IMHO.
That changes nothing about what I wrote.

Online ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
« Reply #177 on: April 16, 2019, 12:39:57 PM »
This is why I basically quashed all conversation about it in my house. The boys seeing parents talking the way some are on this forum is much more detrimental than what actually happened. The tumult about it is the bigger problem.

+100000000

Unfortunately, in almost every Jewish community there is some form of public מחלוקת. IMNSHO allowing involvement, even if only casually talking about it, is simply "playing with fire" and putting your kids at risk. Sometimes it is challenging, but for some reason נורא עלילה על בני אדם decided to put these kinds of challenges in our way at the time of עקבתא דמשיחא. However, we should remember that אין הקב"ה בא בטרוניא עם בריותיו, and it IS possible to overcome this נסיון.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Online yitzgar

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 16, 2019, 12:41:04 PM »
+100000000

Unfortunately, in almost every Jewish community there is some form of public מחלוקת. IMNSHO allowing involvement, even if only casually talking about it, is simply "playing with fire" and putting your kids at risk. Sometimes it is challenging, but for some reason נורא עלילה על בני אדם decided to put these kinds of challenges in our way at the time of עקבתא דמשיחא. However, we should remember that אין הקב"ה בא בטרוניא עם בריותיו, and it IS possible to overcome this נסיון.
Thank you, very well said.

Online iwlw2

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 16, 2019, 12:48:58 PM »
That changes nothing about what I wrote.
+1000
You can't really blame kids and teens for acting out when their passions and sensitivities are inflamed, they are by nature too underdeveloped as of yet emotionally and logically to expect them to respond appropriately. That's where the adults, parents and teachers, are meant to step in and guide them. Kids coming out of this episode with the idea that this was the appropriate response to something they don't like, and that maybe it even has the tacit approval of some adults, is the worst possible outcome from a maturation and educational perspective.