Author Topic: Anything wrong with reclining one's seat while sitting in coach? Guilty feeling?  (Read 7612 times)

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
I think this needs it's own thread, drives me crazy each time I take a coach/Economy paid/award seat, and being that I'm over 6ft I need every inch I can get.
 Any reason I shouldn't recline?
 Or should I?

Originally discussed here..
AC703..

Love the fact that the seats go a nice amount back.
 Should I feel wrong pushing it back all the way? Or just push it and.. I usually look behind to make sure noones there and they're ok with it, but feel wrong nevertheless when doing it, especially when I don't ask and just do it.
U shud always feel wrong reclining any seat in Y...
Because of the pax behind me?
  I say let each pax lay his seat back and that way we're all good.
Same idea as why is there traffic at rush hour? Should everybody start driving together...
-1. Firstly, the guy in front of me has no issue, so you can't expect me not to. Secondly, if I wasn't supposed to recline my seat it wouldn't have a button allowing me to recline...
Idk, the FA didn't seem to agree with that logic about the exit door, neither did the cops
The guy in front of u doesnt make u right. And I'm not talking technicality lol, ur car goes up to 180MPH u know?
To quote the great Kayce Smith;)

You should've directed them my way! My car doesn't hit 180 mph, but yes, of course I've maxed out its speedometer.
Lol his first line proves my point just as much as his. If you don't want people reclining their seats into your knees, get an exit row, a bulkhead, or a higher class of service Regardless, I've been called worse, and I wear my asshole name tag with pride.

Pretty sure its saying the exact opposite of what u said abt that recline button. But ok.
Indeed, but my point was, his first line: "Miss me with the "I paid for it". If you want extra comfort, sit in first class." That proves my point just as much as his...
With me being over 6ft and having a coach seat,I need whatever space I can get. If not an exit row or bulkhead there goes the seat,into reclining position.
 You can tell me what ever you want, the same way I can click the button and recline so can the pax behind me.
  It's always like that, a big guy sits in front of me, thank God not on the side of me, and Bam goes his seat into my face, so I'm left with no other options aside for reclining the seat into it's upmost lay back positions.

@ TimT any such thread about reclining seats during a flight?
 Need a thread in it's own.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 12:16:24 AM by myi »
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline as2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
Sure, why shouldn't you be able to recline?
Memories last forever, make them while you can.

Offline helpyouamdme

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
    • contact ‘Kоѕhеr Ski Club’ for the experience of a lifetime!
I think this needs it's own thread, drives me crazy each time I take a coach/Economy paid/award seat, and being that I'm over 6ft I need every inch I can get.
 Any reason I shouldn't recline?
 Or should I?

Originally discussed here..
You are reclining in someone's space that paid the same like you, So why not recline same as the person in front of you is doing to you
https://gawker.com/the-three-rules-for-riding-on-airplanes-1540440714
There is someone who wants Congress to pass a law you should not be able to reclaim your seat in economy
https://thepointsguy.com/guide/jetiquette-reclining-airplane-seat/

Offline ad120

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
I only recline if the seat behind me is empty or is extra legroom.

Online yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
I never recline either, even though every passenger is really entitled to recline. Maybe one day I will.

Offline TimT

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
The option is there for a reason.
Especially when he’s trying to eat ;D

Offline myi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
The option is there for a reason.
Especially when he’s trying to eat ;D
Lol, just today when I pulled my seat all the way back I was ready to turn around and give the women behind me a mishkanta over the head, I don't think 5 minutes went by on my 1hr+ flight where she didn't bump into my seat or play with the tray table, to me it sounded like someone was pounding on the back of my head, boy was it annoying,but then again this is what comes with those who decide to push back the seat all the way.
  I say if the pax doesn't want you to recline all the way they can nicely approach you and ask if you can please move up a bit and that way you don't have to feel like a fool the whole flight.
  In essence I would ask each time I take a flight, but on the 1% chance I'll have someone who says no I wouldn't ask.

Other times I'll sneak my seat back is when they turn there head or go to the washrooms, or fell asleep and take the bait.
 Or if all those are not a factor I click the button to recline and slowly like a snail move the seat back a mashehu and then another ...until I'm all the way back.
  To start of the flight I'll always lean the seat all the way back, exspecialy when the seat was not yet taken behind me.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline Proisrael

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG,Hilton,Club Carlson
I honestly do not understand the issue....You paid for a seat that reclines. How about if your KSML is Giflte Fish? Lox? Are you allowed to open some nasty smelly food?

Offline gingyguy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 36
    • View Profile
  • Programs: I don't like to brag
If you forget to lean you have to fly again...
May you slide down the banister of happiness & get many splinters of success up your career.

Online yitzgar

• View Profile
I honestly do not understand the issue....You paid for a seat that reclines. How about if your KSML is Giflte Fish? Lox? Are you allowed to open some nasty smelly food?
It's important to be considerate. Having a right doesn't necessarily make it right.

Offline as2

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
It's important to be considerate. Having a right doesn't necessarily make it right.
Agreed. This is a huge point. I still believe that reclining a seat wouldn't be considered inconsiderate though.
Memories last forever, make them while you can.

Online yitzgar

• View Profile
Agreed. This is a huge point. I still believe that reclining a seat wouldn't be considered inconsiderate though.
Not saying it is, just pointing out why there is a discussion

Offline grodnoking

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
If you forget to lean you have to fly again...
Very good, very good.
I'm not who you think I am.

Offline mendyt

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile

Offline mercaz1

• View Profile
as someone over 6 feet I always recline and don't feel guilty about it at all

Offline Proisrael

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG,Hilton,Club Carlson

But that is exactly my point!! There is a service that you paid for along with everyone else. Everyone knows what they are buying

Offline mliebs1457

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
But that is exactly my point!! There is a service that you paid for along with everyone else. Everyone knows what they are buying
I think everyone is missing the point on this discussion. Nobody is arguing if u LEGALLY can recline, cuz yes thats included in the seat features. Its just important to take into consideration the effects of u reclining. I strongly believe the gain of reclining is so minor compared to having a seatback shoved in ur face.

Offline Moshe26

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
I think everyone is missing the point on this discussion. Nobody is arguing if u LEGALLY can recline, cuz yes thats included in the seat features. Its just important to take into consideration the effects of u reclining. I strongly believe the gain of reclining is so minor compared to having a seatback shoved in ur face.

Offline helpyouamdme

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
    • contact ‘Kоѕhеr Ski Club’ for the experience of a lifetime!
Now to the next topic anything wrong to play chess/games On the screen when you are punching the ones head in front of you all the time every move

Offline mliebs1457

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
Now to the next topic anything wrong to play chess/games On the screen when you are punching the ones head in front of you all the time every move
Instead of punching tap it lightly. Really not that complicated.