Author Topic: Costco Cash Cards  (Read 1434 times)

Offline EliJelly

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Costco Cash Cards
« on: May 03, 2019, 12:05:44 AM »
I noticed that when I try to buy a cash card online, and I'm applying some little money whats left on my old cash card towards partial payment , the order gets canceled within a few hours.  I know finding a way to cash out what's left on a gift card defeats the entire purpose of the GC industry, but I didn't think they will restrict that so obviously.  Did anyone encounter the same? How do you utilize less than $50 on a Costco Cash Card? Definitely not worth a Costco trip for that. (And I don't have the courage to show up with a $200 worth wagon at the register with only $35 on my Cash Card)

Offline cmey

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Costco Cash Cards
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2019, 12:10:45 AM »
I don’t get it. What’s the issue? I have 85Cents left on a Costco cash card I got from a return. Why wouldn’t I just use it the next time I’m there?

Offline greathummer7

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2019, 12:15:28 AM »
costco will take multiple cash cards + additional forms of payment. so you can use your $35 or $50 cash cards and put the rest on a visa.

Offline EliJelly

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2019, 12:20:50 AM »
I don’t get it. What’s the issue? I have 85Cents left on a Costco cash card I got from a return. Why wouldn’t I just use it the next time I’m there?
How do you pay the rest, with another cash card? for non members they call the manager to enter a code to enable a non member to buy, and I try not to look like I try to rig the system, showing up with multiple cash cards without membership. Perhaps you are a member?

Offline greathummer7

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2019, 12:21:32 AM »
How do you pay the rest, with another cash card? for non members they call the manager to enter a code to enable a non member to buy, and I try not to look like I try to rig the system, showing up with multiple cash cards without membership. Perhaps you are a member?

Cash.

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2019, 02:15:57 AM »
I noticed that when I try to buy a cash card online, and I'm applying some little money whats left on my old cash card towards partial payment , the order gets canceled within a few hours.  I know finding a way to cash out what's left on a gift card defeats the entire purpose of the GC industry, but I didn't think they will restrict that so obviously.  Did anyone encounter the same? How do you utilize less than $50 on a Costco Cash Card? Definitely not worth a Costco trip for that. (And I don't have the courage to show up with a $200 worth wagon at the register with only $35 on my Cash Card)
You got many cards from family members over time and come a as guest often, so you have all your cards looking to combine.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501