Author Topic: Amex blue for students. What should I do with my points?  (Read 636 times)

Offline Monty

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Amex blue for students. What should I do with my points?
« on: April 10, 2019, 09:21:33 PM »
I've had the Amex blue card for students for 12+ years now. I opened it in high school to start building credit. I never used the points for anything. I've since moved on to better cards/rewards programs, but I still have tens of thousands of points on my original account which is still open. What is the best use of that card's points? Has anyone been able to transfer the points from that card to something else? The best redemption for that card is 0.5 cents a point (booking flights or redeeming gift cards), something I'd rather not do if I can get a better  exchange rate. I also don't want to close the account as it is my longest account on my credit report, is there a way to change the card benefits without closing the account?
Thanks!

Offline Monty

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Amex blue for students. What should I do with my points?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2019, 02:19:46 PM »
Has anyone found a good use for amex student points? Or a good way to transfer them to something more useful?

Offline lazertek

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
  • Programs: delta gold medllion status alaska mvp marriott gold elite uber gold Hertz PC Aeoroplan silver National EE
Re: Amex blue for students. What should I do with my points?
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2019, 04:30:56 PM »
try calling amex and asking if they can give u an offer to upgrade to a card with better perks.
The only difference between a good day and a bad day is your attitude(: