Author Topic: When it comes to allergies(Sneezing,runny nose, itchy eyes..) What do you use?  (Read 5570 times)

Offline thaber

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
I'm not sure about that.
I only claim that it works for the things I actually saw. All these other unprovable "benefits" are meaningless at best.
Seeing can be placebo effect so can't trust that either.
Interesting read https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4479426/

Offline davidrotts63

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 26
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Gold, Hyatt Member, BA Blue, Ebay banned, Amazon Prime
Can't that be in the summer as well?
 Truth being told noone should be breathing in mold nor dust.
You are more indoors in the winter, and places are less aired out.
Fact is winter is when its worst, but all year I feel it too. Thank God it's not a bad case of it so I manage just fine most the time.
(Quit) pulling out the flowers, and watering the weeds. -Peter Lynch

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
Mold and dust.

I only suffer from the latter. Need to take loratadine along when traveling, as I never know what I might encounter.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline skyguy918

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
My wife has been doing the shots by an allergist (thankfully just down the block) for a year or two. It has nearly eliminated her usually terrible seasonal allergies, with only a little of it still felt at the worst of allergy season. She also couldn't eat certain raw fruits and vegetables before, which is apparently related, because now she can eat them without issue.

Offline davidrotts63

• View Profile
My wife has been doing the shots by an allergist (thankfully just down the block) for a year or two. It has nearly eliminated her usually terrible seasonal allergies, with only a little of it still felt at the worst of allergy season. She also couldn't eat certain raw fruits and vegetables before, which is apparently related, because now she can eat them without issue.
I did that for about 3 years, stopped for a while then another 2 years or so, tbh they are mostly gone now, it's just not practical to go twice a week across town for an hour wait at the doctor.

Offline Zalc

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Seeing can be placebo effect so can't trust that either.
Interesting read https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4479426/
If it works and you can not work about allergies for the rest of the season, do you really care if it is a placebo?
The result is the same, if it works.

Offline thaber

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
If it works and you can not work about allergies for the rest of the season, do you really care if it is a placebo?
The result is the same, if it works.
Absolutely agree. And therefore there's no reason why unprovable benefits should be meaningless to you. That was my question

Offline Zalc

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Absolutely agree. And therefore there's no reason why unprovable benefits should be meaningless to you. That was my question
One has tangible benefits, the other not so much.

Offline @Yehuda

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Every spring I purchase whatever daily pill brand is cheapest. This year happened to be Zyrtec and the 30 day supply was cheaper at my store than all the other brands even the generics. Go figure. Sneezing and runny nose for first hour of the day, then I'm mostly fine.

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
Flonase
Works for me.
By this I mean Kirkland generic version
There's so many, have no clue which one is comparable to the active ingredients in clariten or zrytex?

And here you can see all the active ingredients. Should I take one of each? ;)

Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
I did that for about 3 years, stopped for a while then another 2 years or so, tbh they are mostly gone now, it's just not practical to go twice a week across town for an hour wait at the doctor.
Don't know all the details, but she never had to do twice a week. The first few months was weekly, and then it became less frequent. I think it's monthly now. And as mentioned, her allergist is down the block, and she never really waits. Obviously the longer the process takes for someone with their provider the bigger the 'cost'.

Offline davidrotts63

• View Profile
Don't know all the details, but she never had to do twice a week. The first few months was weekly, and then it became less frequent. I think it's monthly now. And as mentioned, her allergist is down the block, and she never really waits. Obviously the longer the process takes for someone with their provider the bigger the 'cost'.
I did it twice a week to speed up the process. I nearly wiped it in 3 years as apposed to the full 7 years normally needed. I probably had a year or so left before I ditched it.

Offline Naftuli19

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: I wish all...
Perfect Thread. some years i have crazy crazy allegories some not that bad, best method is sleeping as loong as you can  ;D, but when u have a job a wife 2 babies (and kinda addicted to DDF) it aint that easy!
i use to be able to get Paday for my eyes which works wonders but they stop paying (insurance) and they really expensive so now i just rubbem and enjoy that few seconds of pleasure before the pain kicks in, runny nose sneezing, nasal spray works very well (also works for eyes dont ask me y). and i have found that rotating  between pills works best ( and starting a month before they kick in) so i start with Claritan D Zyrtec D and Allegra D and then back around. Kirklands brands did not work for me donno y.
Happy Sneezing... ;D

Sometimes You Will Never Know the True Value of A Moment Until It's Become A Memory...

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
There's so many, have no clue which one is comparable to the active ingredients in clariten or zrytex?

And here you can see all the active ingredients. Should I take one of each? ;)

GIYF

Zyrtec is Cetirizine HCl 10 mg (in each tablet) (so it's the green cover). You don't have Loratadine (which is the active ingredient of Claritin) pictured. It's a white can with a blue cover in Kirkland.
-- Dan

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
Perfect Thread. some years i have crazy crazy allegories some not that bad, best method is sleeping as loong as you can  ;D, but when u have a job a wife 2 babies (and kinda addicted to DDF) it aint that easy!
i use to be able to get Paday for my eyes which works wonders but they stop paying (insurance) and they really expensive so now i just rubbem and enjoy that few seconds of pleasure before the pain kicks in, runny nose sneezing, nasal spray works very well (also works for eyes dont ask me y). and i have found that rotating  between pills works best ( and starting a month before they kick in) so i start with Claritan D Zyrtec D and Allegra D and then back around. Kirklands brands did not work for me donno y.
Happy Sneezing... ;D

Would love to hear more details of the allegories.  ;) ;D

I find that the Kirkland Loratadine works as Claritin, if not better. None of the others do anything for me. Flonase (and the generic equivalent) did work for me and/or my son for a while, but was irritating or had other side effects, so we've given up on the spary inhalers.
-- Dan

Offline MeirS

• View Profile
Tried a 3 year course of immunatherapy, only helped a little.

Offline Naftuli19

• View Profile
Would love to hear more details of the allegories.  ;) ;D
what part?! ;D ;D ;D
I find that the Kirkland Loratadine works as Claritin, if not better. None of the others do anything for me. Flonase (and the generic equivalent) did work for me and/or my son for a while, but was irritating or had other side effects, so we've given up on the spary inhalers.

im clueless when it comes to ingredients and stuff i just stick with the brand names i also get D which requires to show license, does Kirkland also have that?
Sometimes You Will Never Know the True Value of A Moment Until It's Become A Memory...

Offline Naftuli19

• View Profile
GIYF

Zyrtec is Cetirizine HCl 10 mg (in each tablet) (so it's the green cover). You don't have Loratadine (which is the active ingredient of Claritin) pictured. It's a white can with a blue cover in Kirkland.
My parents use to get me these and still do for my siblings they are way way cheaper than the brand names but it aint work for me

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
My parents use to get me these and still do for my siblings they are way way cheaper than the brand names but it aint work for me

https://www.costco.com/Kirkland-Signature-AllerClear%2C-365-Tablets.product.11602332.html

The D is for pseudoephedrine (Sudafed) which you can get at Costco at the pharmacy counter with ID.

The biggest difference between Claritin-DŽ and ClaritinŽ (loratadine) is that ClaritinŽ is only an antihistamine. Claritin-DŽ is both a decongestant and an antihistamine (pseudoephedrine). ... All of these products are typically free of side effects, but the decongestant pseudoephedrine can result in insomnia.
-- Dan

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
GIYF

Allegra, Zyrtec, and Benadryl (that one it says on the label) in that order.