Author Topic: Which phone to get for the Tech unsavvy?  (Read 5274 times)

Offline Naftuli19

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: I wish all...
Re: Which phone to get for the Tech unsavvy?
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2019, 10:58:52 AM »
The i is like the אל״ף of ויקרא.
LOL ;D
Sometimes You Will Never Know the True Value of A Moment Until It's Become A Memory...

Offline Naftuli19

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2019, 11:02:35 AM »
i had the same issue as u DW kept calling me all day how do u do this and that on the S7 S8... so we took a bold move and got her the latest most expensive iPhone on the market (cause they deserve it ;D) haven't heard a question since (or maybe its more complex and she cant figure out how to call ;D ;D ;) ;)
Sometimes You Will Never Know the True Value of A Moment Until It's Become A Memory...

Online ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2019, 12:26:25 PM »
i had the same issue as u DW kept calling me all day how do u do this and that on the S7 S8... so we took a bold move and got her the latest most expensive iPhone on the market (cause they deserve it ;D) haven't heard a question since (or maybe its more complex and she cant figure out how to call ;D ;D ;) ;)

LOL.

More likely the phenomenon of people of a certain gender having a different language. She was saying all along that she wants you to get her the latest iPhone just like xxx has. You just didn't understand her language.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Naftuli19

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2019, 12:32:13 PM »
LOL.

More likely the phenomenon of people of a certain gender having a different language. She was saying all along that she wants you to get her the latest iPhone just like xxx has. You just didn't understand her language.
Ha Lol, she gets the latest phones every year anyway on iPhone tho if u want decent amount of storage u can pay big $$$! but that is prob what happened ;D >:( ;D

Online ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2019, 12:37:43 PM »
Ha Lol, she gets the latest phones every year anyway on iPhone tho if u want decent amount of storage u can pay big $$$! but that is prob what happened ;D >:( ;D

Forgot to mention that she doesn't even know why she wanted an iPhone, nor does she particularly like it, but it's probably too soon to let out that secret.

Also, don't forget that no matter how much phone storage you'll get her, it will get full. The advantage of the iPhone is that it will automatically move photos to the cloud for storage (assuming you have that set up and are paying at least $0.99/month for that storage). It seems like the Pixel has something about unlimited Google Photos, does it help manage phone space?
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Naftuli19

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2019, 01:30:58 PM »
Forgot to mention that she doesn't even know why she wanted an iPhone, nor does she particularly like it, but it's probably too soon to let out that secret.

Also, don't forget that no matter how much phone storage you'll get her, it will get full. The advantage of the iPhone is that it will automatically move photos to the cloud for storage (assuming you have that set up and are paying at least $0.99/month for that storage). It seems like the Pixel has something about unlimited Google Photos, does it help manage phone space?
u can set up on iphone to upload to google photos to dont know if it saves storage tho

Offline ~King Lake~

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2019, 02:46:12 PM »
u can set up on iphone to upload to google photos to dont know if it saves storage tho
you could set up from any phone to save your pic's to google photos automatically but you need to delete the pic's from the phone manually
I’m in shape, round is a shape…

Offline Yonah

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2019, 03:01:51 PM »

Google Photos has an archive feature which helps you delete photos from your phone once they're up in the cloud. While clean-up for regular photos is manual, it does a decent job of archiving photos that aren't of people - i.e. the pictures of food items I text DW asking -' you mean this one?'  while I am in the supermarket.

It also has a 'spouse/partner' feature that let's you automatically share photos of your kids with your spouse.

Offline cozmohoot

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2019, 06:39:53 PM »
My wife still has a 16gb iPhone.
Because of Google photos there is no issue of full storage. She doesn't use many apps so that helps too.

Offline Zalc

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2019, 10:10:21 AM »
My wife still has a 16gb iPhone.
Because of Google photos there is no issue of full storage. She doesn't use many apps so that helps too.
WhatsApp images not an issue?

Offline cozmohoot

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2019, 04:26:04 PM »
WhatsApp images not an issue?
She doesn't use WhatsApp. But that could also get backed up if needed