Author Topic: Exploring Chicago in a day  (Read 2217 times)

Offline Divora M

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Exploring Chicago in a day
« on: May 09, 2019, 09:49:58 PM »
For my daughters 10 year birthday I surprised her with a trip to downtown Chicago with her best friends who happens to be cousins with the King of deals himself. We started out early in the morning by taking the Metra train to downtown, we got off by the French market which is directly below the train station. It was cool to see the different vendors and even a kosher one (Bebe’s) we ended up just getting some chocolate truffles from one of the stands. We then headed outside where we got to our first destination, Willis Tower. Back when I was a kid it was the tallest building in the world now I don’t even know if it’s in the top ten. After checking out the building we got on the Hop On/Hop off bus. The girls of course ran straight to the upper level so they could enjoy the view and beautiful weather. Our next stop was Millennium Park, they have a great waterfall/splash area where kids have a lot of fun trying to escape the water spout. After drying off we checked out the Chicago Cultural Museum which was across the street, it was magnificent. We moved on to the famous bean in Millennium Park and then sat down to eat lunch In Grant Park where the Chicago Symphony Orchestra was rehearsing. We got back on the bus and enjoyed the scenery while listening to the very informative tour guides. If you read the book Devil in the White City it makes the tour even more interesting. Our next stop was at Maggie Daley Park which is huge and a great place to lose kids. Thankfully I was just with two 10 year olds that I could trust and let them explore on their own. Definitely a must go to place if your traveling to Chicago with kids. We got back on the bus and headed over to Michigan Ave and the famous Water Tower Place the girls were in heaven at the American Girl Doll store and could’ve stayed for hours. After dragging them out we headed over to Wrigley Field just as the Cubs game was finishing after getting some selfies we walked to Milts and had dinner with the rest of the family that met us there. Some would end the day here but I wanted this Bday to be epic so we drove to Navy Pier and let the kids run in the sprinklers there. Lo and behold the local camp Yeshivas HaKayitz had color war breakout just a few feet away from where we were sitting. Once it got sufficiently dark outside we headed over to the center of Navy Pier And the fireworks started (FYI navy pier has fireworks every Saturday night and Wednesday night in the summer). It was a great grand finale to a wonderful day!