Author Topic: Lose Your Hechsher In Lakewood If You Fly An Israeli Flag?  (Read 10254 times)

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Re: Lose Your Hechsher In Lakewood If You Fly An Israeli Flag?
« Reply #80 on: May 11, 2019, 10:26:10 PM »
Depends on how buddy buddy you are with the establishment. I know of one store which they bothered day in and day out about needing a Jewish employee that the KCL likes. On the other hand, another store where most people in Lakewood probably wouldn't eat in his house, had no such issues, because he had connections in the establishment.
There may have been differences in structure as well. There is always Ann issue of needing a frum Persson to be responsible for certain aspects of Kashrus.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Online moko

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 11, 2019, 11:34:29 PM »
Such as?
listen to the headlines interview and then come back if you have questions. I do t want to be accused of taking his words out of context.

Offline cmey

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 11, 2019, 11:34:56 PM »
there are far better reasons not to rely on kcl

listen to the headlines interview and then come back if you have questions. I do t want to be accused of taking his words out of context.

I didn’t hear anything particularly concerning in the interview. Have there ever been less than ideal situations in a KCL establishment in the past? Sure. Are you doing better if you make everything from scratch rather than relying on KCL supervision? Probably. There are good reasons not to rely on just about any  hechsher for that matter. The minute you step out of your home, or into the grocery store for that matter, you are compromising. I can think of other hechsheirim not far from Lakewood that many mainstream folks use when they go out to eat that make the  KCL with all of its issues look amazing in comparison.

After 120 I will feel comfortable pointing to Rav Forcheimer and Rav O. C. Lieberman if they have any questions about my reliance on the KCL. I can’t say the same for some of the other ones.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2019, 12:20:06 AM by cmey »

Offline Proisrael

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG,Hilton,Club Carlson
« Reply #83 on: May 12, 2019, 12:18:50 AM »
Why does hanging a flag cause you to lose your נאמנות?? The Old Shul in Lakewood had the Israeli flag and the previous R"Y in Lakewood davened there. Was there a problem eating at Rav Aarons house? By rabbi Yoffe?