Author Topic: 4 Nights at any Marriott Bonvoy Hotel 85k Points (Cat 8) Cert For Sale  (Read 2516 times)

Offline traveladdict

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Won the 29 Ways to Stay Marriott Competition for 4 nights at Design Hotels. However, when I called in they said it can be used at any Marriott hotel up to 85k points (up to category 8 - highest category). Thus creating a new post. Old post here - https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=101922.msg2066620#msg2066620

Have the certificate in my account and can add your name. Expires January 15th.

Updated price to $2200 OBO

Online mochjas

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
I have 5 nights at any Marriott for sale up to 85K for $2100

Offline traveladdict

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
Bringing it down to $1800. $2200 might have been a bit much.

Offline godofchurning

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Bringing it down to $1800. $2200 might have been a bit much.

Bid at $1300

Offline jerpa09

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
Bid at $1301.

Offline Emkay

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
Won the 29 Ways to Stay Marriott Competition for 4 nights at Design Hotels. However, when I called in they said it can be used at any Marriott hotel up to 85k points (up to category 8 - highest category). Thus creating a new post. Old post here - https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=101922.msg2066620#msg2066620

Have the certificate in my account and can add your name. Expires January 15th.

Updated price to $2200 OBO
Why not ask for a kidney also?
Anyone who pays this should immediately hand in their DDF membership.

Offline blur1717

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
the market will dictate whether he will sell or not....why does everyone have to give their theory...who cares about your theory..he will sell or not.  If its priced too high let it go...he wont sell it

The seller had it priced it at 1500...some other person commented its too low and then this seller jacked up the price to 2200

Offline Petar

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
Totally depends where one wanna stay.   At Some resorts even 2200 will workout for someone.

@400-450/ night savings are limited at quite a few properties.  Now its Between buyer and seller to guage thier options. Unless we bid for it...we shud not comment.  1302$

Offline Elikip

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
Selling my 4 nights from the 29ways to stay promo for $1275. My nights are capped at 50k each night

Offline godofchurning

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Selling my 4 nights from the 29ways to stay promo for $1275. My nights are capped at 50k each night

bid at $800

Online yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile

Offline gingyguy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 36
    • View Profile
  • Programs: I don't like to brag
main question is why does this deserve a new thread when we already have a perfect thread
https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=30336.3630
May you slide down the banister of happiness & get many splinters of success up your career.

Offline Elikip

• View Profile
bid at $800
Individual 50k nights sell for $300 each, having 4 from one account only adds value/leverage, why would I sell for less than the going rate? Only expires in January

Online mochjas

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
Individual 50k nights sell for $300 each, having 4 from one account only adds value/leverage, why would I sell for less than the going rate? Only expires in January
because people might as well buy points and get the 5th night free..... individual nights have more value as well since they can be used at different hotels and don’t need to be consecutive but again no one will tell you how to price what you want to sell

Offline traveladdict

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
You're right, it might be better to move this to the Marriott Cert thread. (Admin needs to delete this thread as I'm not able to). I thought I'd be appropriate to put into a separate post since it's different than the credit card (amex, chase) free night certs.

The great thing about this community is on my last post I was notified by a member that the 29 ways to stay award might have a loophole that allows you to book any 85k hotel. (When it's supposed to be only 85k at Design Hotels brand). I checked into that and it turned out to be true. Its GREAT news as Design Hotel portfolio is very limited IMO. Thank you DD community.

Yes, looking back at $2200 was definitely too high. However, on my previous post (Design Hotels @ $1500) I got messages (from a couple of members) that it was way too low. $1800 is a fair price IMO but we'll see...

Best,
D
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 12:49:56 AM by traveladdict »

Offline Elikip

• View Profile
because people might as well buy points and get the 5th night free..... individual nights have more value as well since they can be used at different hotels and don’t need to be consecutive but again no one will tell you how to price what you want to sell
I was told by a rep that these nights don't need to be booked as 4 consecutive nights, they're essentially like 4 separate nightly certificates, capped at the highest category bookable in the  family brand you won.