Author Topic: Stranded in Greece  (Read 636 times)

Offline ronaki

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Stranded in Greece
« on: February 06, 2022, 04:36:15 PM »
In 2019, I had 2 US passports that looked the same. 1 valid, 1 invalid (reported lost). I traveled with the invalid passport, not realizing it was bad. I started my trip in the US, passed through 2 US airports and 3 European airports before the error was caught. My passport was confiscated on Christmas day 2019 and I could not proceed. How can I make this right? I strongly feel that the experts on matters of passports are those who are paid to check my passport at the airport, not me. If knowledge existed that my passport is bad, then I should have been stopped from leaving the US. If 5 airports wave me on and allow me to proceed in spite of this knowledge, and if I get caught by an unfriendly country halfway across the world, this is not how it should work.

Who can help with this? TSA and the airline wash their hands of it. Sure, you can blame me, but that would stink. Any thoughts? This delay cost me $2K and separated me from my special needs child who traveled on without me. I would really like to recoup the $$. Thanks for your thoughts.

Offline ckmk47

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: Stranded in Greece
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2022, 04:47:11 PM »
This happened long enough ago that it might be best for your mental health to let things go.
Stop rehashing it.  Unless it's a family argument that's persisting.  Then marriage counseling may be needed.
If it's you, then step back, and get it out of your emotions. It's worth the $2K loss.
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Offline Moshe Green

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Stranded in Greece
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2022, 05:51:27 AM »
This happened long enough ago that it might be best for your mental health to let things go.
Stop rehashing it.  Unless it's a family argument that's persisting.  Then marriage counseling may be needed.
If it's you, then step back, and get it out of your emotions. It's worth the $2K loss.

Yes, Hashem should give you the strength to overcome the trauma and move on to more healthier and happier days! Hashem should help you recover your loss plus interest!