Author Topic: Citi Rewards+℠ Card  (Read 1325 times)

Offline israshot

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
Citi Rewards+℠ Card
« on: May 19, 2019, 01:30:10 AM »
I switched my old Citi thank you to the new rewards+ cards
The 2 main advantages are 1) the 10% back on points redeemed directly on the Citi Thankyou points website up to 100k back. This worked for me even for my points earned with other Citi cards. So on top of the 25% added value for travel with the Citi Premier or prestige, you'll get 10% of the points back
2) the roundup to the nearest 10 points, buy for $1, get 10 points. Apparently, there is no limit for that.
I was wondering if it's risky to take too much advantage on this offer (like reloading 1000 times $1 on my Amazon gift card balance). Any advice?

From the terms and conditions:
Round Up
For every purchase that earns ThankYou Points, your ThankYou Points will be rounded up to the nearest 10 points so that the total ThankYou Points awarded for any purchase is in a 10-ThankYou-Point increment. For example, if you purchase an item that costs $3.48, you'll receive 10 ThankYou Points; and if you purchase an item that costs $9.51, you'll receive 10 ThankYou Points. Points are rounded after the additional points are awarded for 2X qualifying purchases. For example, if you make a $7 purchase that earns 2X Points, you'll receive 20 ThankYou Points.

Offline LoLo

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile

Offline Boruch Parnes

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Citi Rewards+℠ Card
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2019, 03:52:24 PM »
I switched my old Citi thank you to the new rewards+ cards
The 2 main advantages are 1) the 10% back on points redeemed directly on the Citi Thankyou points website up to 100k back. This worked for me even for my points earned with other Citi cards. So on top of the 25% added value for travel with the Citi Premier or prestige, you'll get 10% of the points back
2) the roundup to the nearest 10 points, buy for $1, get 10 points. Apparently, there is no limit for that.
I was wondering if it's risky to take too much advantage on this offer (like reloading 1000 times $1 on my Amazon gift card balance). Any advice?

From the terms and conditions:
Round Up
For every purchase that earns ThankYou Points, your ThankYou Points will be rounded up to the nearest 10 points so that the total ThankYou Points awarded for any purchase is in a 10-ThankYou-Point increment. For example, if you purchase an item that costs $3.48, you'll receive 10 ThankYou Points; and if you purchase an item that costs $9.51, you'll receive 10 ThankYou Points. Points are rounded after the additional points are awarded for 2X qualifying purchases. For example, if you make a $7 purchase that earns 2X Points, you'll receive 20 ThankYou Points.
I would not over due it for fear of shutdown

Offline israshot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2019, 08:33:31 AM »
It's tempting  8)

Offline a good yeshiva bachur

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2019, 09:43:47 AM »
It's tempting  8)
IMHO it’s just not worth it.

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2019, 09:34:17 PM »
It's tempting  8)
https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=101063.msg2051829#msg2051829

I wonder if they would consider it abusive to break up a charge into smaller ones, in order to benefit from rounding down of the CC convenience fee.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline israshot

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2019, 10:10:02 PM »
https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=101063.msg2051829#msg2051829

I wonder if they would consider it abusive to break up a charge into smaller ones, in order to benefit from rounding down of the CC convenience fee.
Sorry, didn't find the older thread. Very heavy T&C, ouch!