Author Topic: Bank of America--service and IT for its credit cards  (Read 3559 times)

Offline Woofwoof

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Bank of America--service and IT for its credit cards
« on: March 06, 2019, 01:15:52 PM »
I am considering applying for the Alaska Airlines cc. Sadly, it's issued by BoA. I used to have a safety deposit box with my old checking account there. I closed the box because the bank "accidentally" removed my contents and took them to an off-site storage place, without my knowledge. They first lied by claiming that I was not paying my fees (which was later revealed to be false) and then they said they couldn't contact me (and thought I was dead). Anyway, I closed the box and only retain the bank account because BoA has a monopoly in ATMs at California airports.   

How is your experience with their cc's, in terms of service and IT? The cc department may (hopefully) be different from their retail banking department. Any comments are welcome.

Offline Boruch Parnes

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Bank of America--service and IT for its credit cards
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2019, 01:18:56 PM »
I personally do not have an account with them  but I know alot of people who do  dont know anyone who had a problem with them

Offline LoLo

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2019, 01:52:44 PM »
Have a couple of personal cards with them, no issues here.

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2019, 05:19:48 PM »
I am considering applying for the Alaska Airlines cc. Sadly, it's issued by BoA. I used to have a safety deposit box with my old checking account there. I closed the box because the bank "accidentally" removed my contents and took them to an off-site storage place, without my knowledge. They first lied by claiming that I was not paying my fees (which was later revealed to be false) and then they said they couldn't contact me (and thought I was dead). Anyway, I closed the box and only retain the bank account because BoA has a monopoly in ATMs at California airports.   

How is your experience with their cc's, in terms of service and IT? The cc department may (hopefully) be different from their retail banking department. Any comments are welcome.
Many banks offer ATM fee refunds so the airport ATMs shouldn't keep you there.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline mmgfarb

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2019, 05:21:21 PM »

Their CS and website are awful, that shouldn't necessarily stop you from applying and getting the bonus though.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline Yehuda25

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2019, 09:36:11 PM »

that's prob illegal no? moving a safe deposit box stuff..
“To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.”

― Aristotle

Offline greathummer7

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2019, 02:03:45 AM »

Sounds like a bit of a fringe scenario. Have had bank account and cc with them for few years now, no issues at all.

Offline ludmila

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Diamond,Marriott Platinum,SPG Platinum.
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2019, 02:20:58 AM »
Have had Virgin Atlantic and Alaska for years, so far all good.
I was the Best,still the Best, and will always be the Best.
Pele Good,Maradona Better, George Best.

Online ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2019, 03:16:01 AM »
Many banks offer ATM fee refunds so the airport ATMs shouldn't keep you there.
+1

BofA is one of the worst banks to deal with. You can easily find a bank with better service that refunds ATM fees.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline WhiteSocks

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2019, 11:53:11 AM »
Surprised to hear the criticism, I bank with BofA the last 2 years after Chase suddenly closed all my accounts, had no problems BH.
I wud note though, that they do have an interesting credit card bill pay system - which personally I didn't find user friendly. Once I made a small credit card dispute, but they didn't rule in my favor.

Offline theyankel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2019, 12:45:55 PM »
i am preferred gold with bank america. most accounts both business and personal with them. also many diff cc including no AF cash back, platinum with 0% and no transfer fee, etc. coincidentally, i also have a merril brokerage account with a small balance. no issues at all. and they've refunded forex fees and other non recurring fees in the past... only complaint is that their phone system when calling is somewhat cumbersome. must enter prompts etc... even as a preferred customer to speak to a human. they offer lots of benefits when you have a relationship.
their online banking is fine. just as good as the others. to pay cc, you can do transfer as opposed to bill pay.

Offline mmgfarb

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2019, 02:58:44 PM »
i am preferred gold with bank america. most accounts both business and personal with them. also many diff cc including no AF cash back, platinum with 0% and no transfer fee, etc. coincidentally, i also have a merril brokerage account with a small balance. no issues at all. and they've refunded forex fees and other non recurring fees in the past... only complaint is that their phone system when calling is somewhat cumbersome. must enter prompts etc... even as a preferred customer to speak to a human. they offer lots of benefits when you have a relationship.
their online banking is fine. just as good as the others. to pay cc, you can do transfer as opposed to bill pay.
Their website is not nearly as good as others and if you don't bank with them their CC bill pay system is absolutely awful.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline WhiteSocks

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2019, 02:42:07 PM »

Offline Boruch Parnes

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2019, 03:51:42 PM »
I got shut down from banking because I mobile deposited a check not made out to my name  would I still get approved for a CC