Author Topic: If I use Sax credit July 1 but cancel card later in July (Fee due), clawback?  (Read 1163 times)

Offline PacoDeGato

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Hi,

I have an AmEx Platinum (Schwab) where the fee is coming due at the end of June. I already got approved for the Morgan Stanley, so I'm gonna cancel the Schwab within 30 days of the fee, but in that time the Sax Credit becomes available.

If I use the $50  Sax credit after July 1 but cancel the card before the end of July, does anyone know if I'll still get the credit, or will AmEx claw it back? It's not a big deal and I don't want to get pegged for abuse, so I'll probably skip it unless there are some data points that it all goes well.

Thanks!

Offline greathummer7

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
Hi,

I have an AmEx Platinum (Schwab) where the fee is coming due at the end of June. I already got approved for the Morgan Stanley, so I'm gonna cancel the Schwab within 30 days of the fee, but in that time the Sax Credit becomes available.

If I use the $50  Sax credit after July 1 but cancel the card before the end of July, does anyone know if I'll still get the credit, or will AmEx claw it back? It's not a big deal and I don't want to get pegged for abuse, so I'll probably skip it unless there are some data points that it all goes well.

Thanks!

No should not claw back. This is a common strategy to double dip these credits around beginning of the year.

Offline ejb123

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Hi,

Thanks!

Just make sure you use it at saks and not sax... ::)