Author Topic: Capital One Shutting Down CC Accounts  (Read 1965 times)

Offline Yehuda25

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
Capital One Shutting Down CC Accounts
« on: May 24, 2019, 05:11:29 PM »
Was a big wave this week. Unclear the exact triggers. Feel free to chime in.
“To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.”

― Aristotle

Offline Boruch Parnes

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Capital One Shutting Down CC Accounts
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2019, 02:43:23 PM »
Was a big wave this week. Unclear the exact triggers. Feel free to chime in.
Whats the cause any DPs?

Offline jacobs

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2019, 07:30:21 PM »
I had a very bad experience with this. I applied for a Spark Business ($2000 bonus offer) about 5 days ago. I already hold the Spark Miles card (got the 200k miles bonus last year). I was approved instantly with a CL of 30k. A couple of days later, I received a voicemail from capital one fraud dept stating i should call back and they provided a ref #. Suspecting the call may be fraud/scam, i called the reg number straight from the back of the card i have, and they told me there were no issues with either of my accounts (old or new). I even called back again later again to make sure. They even told me the call was fraud and should be reported! Then, tonight I called capital one to see if i can get my credit card number before the card arrives and i was told the account was closed!!!!!!! They were not very clear why, just said there were issues with the application and things didn't match. One rep said my SSN didn't match which makes no sense since I was approved and i do see a pull on my credit report. No one was able to help me and i was told the only way to get the card was to re-apply. Meanwhile, i have a hard pull, all for naught and no bonus! SO disturbed!! is there anything i can possibly do about this?

Offline WhiteSocks

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2019, 11:45:38 PM »
Maybe try reconsideration department, see if they can assist. Application should be able to be re approved within 30 days.

Offline yuneeq

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2019, 01:38:51 AM »
I had a very bad experience with this. I applied for a Spark Business ($2000 bonus offer) about 5 days ago. I already hold the Spark Miles card (got the 200k miles bonus last year). I was approved instantly with a CL of 30k. A couple of days later, I received a voicemail from capital one fraud dept stating i should call back and they provided a ref #. Suspecting the call may be fraud/scam, i called the reg number straight from the back of the card i have, and they told me there were no issues with either of my accounts (old or new). I even called back again later again to make sure. They even told me the call was fraud and should be reported! Then, tonight I called capital one to see if i can get my credit card number before the card arrives and i was told the account was closed!!!!!!! They were not very clear why, just said there were issues with the application and things didn't match. One rep said my SSN didn't match which makes no sense since I was approved and i do see a pull on my credit report. No one was able to help me and i was told the only way to get the card was to re-apply. Meanwhile, i have a hard pull, all for naught and no bonus! SO disturbed!! is there anything i can possibly do about this?

They called me too.
See here - https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=108901.msg2149588#msg2149588
Visibly Jewish

Offline jacobs

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2019, 11:01:12 PM »
Maybe try reconsideration department, see if they can assist. Application should be able to be re approved within 30 days.

Thanks. Tried this. Didn’t help.