Author Topic: How to get double miles (or more) for a air trip  (Read 13642 times)

Offline SBS

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 27
    • View Profile
How to get double miles (or more) for a air trip
« on: June 05, 2008, 08:35:58 PM »
It has worked for me, so it can work for you too...

This post will explain how to "double-dip" on airline miles for flown flights without raising any red flags. I have done it successfully with Northwest flights, and I imagine it can work on other airlines too (Try it at your own risk!)

I did the following steps:
1) When I bought the ticket on NWA.COM I put in a Delta SkyMiles Number in my reservation.
2) After I flew the flight, I waited for the Delta SkyMiles to post (took a few days), and then I went to the NWA website and went to "Mileage Credit" for NWA flights, and put it the ticket number for the flights I have flown.
3) A few days later it has appeared in my NWA WorldPerks account.

The trick is to get miles posted on a affiliate airline first (in this case a SkyTeam member) and only then go back to the airline's website, because an airline only allows online crediting for their own flights. This option is not risky due to the fact that a computer automatically credits you with the miles, and no humans are involved.

To get more miles "quadruple-dipping" try the following, I have never tried it, but I know people it worked for, but it may be risky, as it involves a person checking it, and if he decides to check it out, you may lose your miles!

1) Keep your boarding passes!
2) After you got credited to the first airline, take the boarding passes, white-out the section which says "Frequent Flyer Number" and fax it to all the other airlines affiliated with this airline, you will most probably get mileage from all airlines for the same flight. So a NWA flight DTW-LGA-DTW which is 501 miles each way (1002 total) can get you 1002 miles in every SkyTeam program (Air France / KLM FlyingBlue, Continental OnePass, Delta SkyMiles, Alitalia MilleMiglia, Czech Airlines, China Southern).
Available for Sha'alos

levi

Re: How to get double miles (or more) for a air trip
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 08:45:21 PM »
It has worked for me, so it can work for you too...

This post will explain how to "double-dip" on airline miles for flown flights without raising any red flags. I have done it successfully with Northwest flights, and I imagine it can work on other airlines too (Try it at your own risk!)

I did the following steps:
1) When I bought the ticket on NWA.COM I put in a Delta SkyMiles Number in my reservation.
2) After I flew the flight, I waited for the Delta SkyMiles to post (took a few days), and then I went to the NWA website and went to "Mileage Credit" for NWA flights, and put it the ticket number for the flights I have flown.
3) A few days later it has appeared in my NWA WorldPerks account.

The trick is to get miles posted on a affiliate airline first (in this case a SkyTeam member) and only then go back to the airline's website, because an airline only allows online crediting for their own flights. This option is not risky due to the fact that a computer automatically credits you with the miles, and no humans are involved.

To get more miles "quadruple-dipping" try the following, I have never tried it, but I know people it worked for, but it may be risky, as it involves a person checking it, and if he decides to check it out, you may lose your miles!

2) After you got credited to the first airline, take the boarding passes, white-out the section which says "Frequent Flyer Number" and fax it to all the other airlines affiliated with this airline, you will most probably get mileage from all airlines for the same flight. So a NWA flight DTW-LGA-DTW which is 501 miles each way (1002 total) can get you 1002 miles in every SkyTeam program (Air France / KLM FlyingBlue, Continental OnePass, Delta SkyMiles, Alitalia MilleMiglia, Czech Airlines, China Southern).

I will try it on my Continental flight next week and I will report back

Offline E

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 10:26:43 PM »

I will try it on my Continental flight next week and I will report back
im pretty sure i heard it done on el-al, aa 

Offline rover771

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 03:49:12 AM »
Anyways, just get triple... Once in Air France and twice in CO.
is it possible for example to fly with aa and then get mileage with all its partners for the same flight? if i understand correctly thats what you are saying. please write if this has ever worked for you and with what airlines.
thank you!
Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.

Offline SBS

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 04:14:08 AM »
is it possible for example to fly with aa and then get mileage with all its partners for the same flight? if i understand correctly thats what you are saying. please write if this has ever worked for you and with what airlines.
thank you!

I never did it (I only did the double-dipping), as I wrote in another article http://www.dansdeals.com/forums/index.php?topic=104.0 as follows:

Available for Sha'alos

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2008, 12:17:52 PM »
I remember some guys were doing this with each other's boarding passes, (they were whiting out the names too...), I think they took a RTW trip together.

Disclaimer: this post is for informational purposes only and does not condone fraud. The views in this post may not reflect the opinions of the poster, site, poster's community or religious affiliation
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline coralsnake

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2008, 01:50:22 PM »
Thats crazy!
"Here at DansDeals we don’t do buses." -Dan

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2008, 03:55:31 PM »
I've never double-dipped, too risky for my taste and mileage balances at risk, but very interesting nonetheless!
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

levi

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2008, 10:24:39 PM »
I've never double-dipped, too risky for my taste and mileage balances at risk, but very interesting nonetheless!
Same here with the mileage balances that I have it is not worth the risk, although its pretty tempting

Offline Drago

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2008, 11:40:29 PM »
I wouldn't feel comfortable whiting out names or the like, that's already becoming a touch, dare I say, dishonest. However, just applying twice sounds fine to me. (Am I crazy?)

Offline Avi

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2008, 11:55:29 PM »
Is this legal?

levi

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2008, 12:05:23 AM »
Is this legal?

In case that is a serious question the answer is NO

Offline Avi

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2008, 12:14:08 AM »
100% percent serious, I'm kind of surprised that this topic has not been deleted by a moderator (there are serious ethical and Halachic questions with this trick).

Offline Eli

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Platinum, Priority Club Platinum, Fairmont Premier, Avis First, Star Alliance Gold, bmi Gold and A"A Lifetime Gold
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2008, 01:37:09 AM »
A person I respect very much once told me that Religion is a personal matter, and I've lived by that motto for a long time now. What people do in their own lives is their business. Everyone (hopefully) has a Rav that they will consult before they do anything questionable.

As far as the forums are concerned, anyone can post anything as long as it's not objectionable. Shtik, is not objectionable.

Bear in mind though that it is still prohibited to post links to copyrighted software or to explain outright how to obtain it.
-Eli

Offline Avi

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2008, 11:52:06 AM »
Illegality is not objectionable?! This is not Shtik?! This is not explaining outright how to get miles illegally? Besides for which it's kind of stupid to post these tricks online, one airline employee surfing the internet could ensure that this won't work (not that i personally have a problem with this being stopped), and maybe even somebody arrested for fraud or the like.

Offline SBS

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2008, 01:37:20 AM »
Illegality is not objectionable?! This is not Shtik?! This is not explaining outright how to get miles illegally? Besides for which it's kind of stupid to post these tricks online, one airline employee surfing the internet could ensure that this won't work (not that i personally have a problem with this being stopped), and maybe even somebody arrested for fraud or the like.

1) Illegal means that the GOVERNMENT doesn't allow something. As Far As I Know, the GOVERNMENT hasn't banned any of these SHTICK... I wrote clearly that you might lose all your miles.

2) Airline employees which surf the web KNOW GOOD AND WELL these SHTICK, I posted it also on FlyerTalk...
Available for Sha'alos

Offline Avi

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2008, 02:53:25 PM »
1) Illegal means that the GOVERNMENT doesn't allow something. As Far As I Know, the GOVERNMENT hasn't banned any of these SHTICK... I wrote clearly that you might lose all your miles.
1) That's why i asked if it's illegal, somebody responded that it isn't and my comments were in response to that.
2) You're being very simplistic, just like i wouldn't say for sure it's illegal, i wouldn't say for sure that it's legal, because if this Shtik is a violation of the long agreement you agree to when you enroll-or any other agreement you make as part of being a member-than this is most definitely illegal-yes thos agreements are legally binding and naturally violation is illegal-and even if you're not violating those agreements it still might be considered fraud (you are defrauding the company).

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2008, 03:02:10 PM »
While I'm no expert, I think SBS is probably right about illegality.

When airlines prohibit selling miles, those are the terms of the program, that doesn't mean that selling miles is illegal.  The mileage program has the right to close down your account, but you're not going to go to jail because you violated the terms of the program.

Either way, I definitely do not endorse or participate in mileage double-dipping, but at the same time I'm not going to say that people can't discuss it.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Avi

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2008, 06:53:59 PM »
Are you saying this is not fraud?
Again i don't know for a fact that this is illegal, which is why i asked, and my response afterwards was based on the response that it is illegal, however the reasoning given to say it's legal is kind of simplistic, as this could very possibly be considered fraud, and the comparison to selling miles doesn't sound right because there it was first obtained legitimatly.
Lastly i find it disgraceful to post such Shtik-legal or not.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 07:08:23 PM by Avi »