Author Topic: Key West Vacation  (Read 3921 times)

Offline Samy1716

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Key West Vacation
« on: May 28, 2019, 02:23:47 PM »
I decided to write a TR about my Key West FL vacation because I believe that it is a place that many people will find to be the perfect spot for a vacation.

My wife & I decided to take a 5 day vacation at the end of February, we planned on taking along our 8 month old son and we wanted to stay in the US, we ultimately choose Key West FL a place that is a beautiful island, very quiet with a lot of activities and some really nice beaches too, although Key West has a small airport on the island we decided to land at Fort Lauderdale for a few reasons number one being that tickets are a lot cheaper coming in from NYC to FLL then to Key West, another reason was that we wanted to take the stunning 3-1/2 hour drive through the Florida Keys down to Key West, which was truly amazing (the only 3-1/2 hour drive I didn't mind :)) )

In my next post I will begin writing about all the details of my trip, stay tuned.....
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 04:26:43 PM by Samy1716 »

Offline @Yehuda

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Re: Key West Vacation
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2019, 09:00:04 AM »
Please keep it coming! And with pictures :)

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2019, 09:10:47 AM »
I decided to write a TR about my Key West FL vacation because I believe that it is a place that many people will find to be the perfect spot for a vacation.

My wife & I decided to take a 5 day vacation at the end of February, we planned on taking along our 8 month old son and we wanted to stay in the US, we ultimately choose Key West FL a place that is a beautiful island, very quiet with a lot of activities and some really nice beaches too, although Key West has a small airport on the island we decided to land at Fort Lauderdale for a few reasons number one being that tickets are a lot cheaper coming in from NYC to FLL then to Key West, another reason was that we wanted to take the stunning 3-1/2 hour drive through the Florida Keys down to Key West, which was truly amazing (the only 3-1/2 hour drive I didn't mind :)) )

In my next post I will begin writing about all the details of my trip, stay tuned.....
The drive really is great! Must be done during the day time of course.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline Arejay

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2019, 09:35:25 AM »
It’s a beautiful drive but be prepared to drive for about 25-35 MPH for 4 hours

Offline Samy1716

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2019, 09:54:06 AM »
We took a Sunday morning flight from LGA to FLL we landed at about 1pm and we rented a car at Hertz car rental. We brought along Pomegranate meals for supper and we took along the regular basics for breakfast and lunch, there is one little Israeli shop in Key West, that has some sandwiches and falafel....  Israeli style, but we decided to bring along our own food. We left the airport in Fort lauderdale and began our drive down to Key West, the entire drive is about 3-1/2 hours, the final 2 hours of the drive is really beautiful (it is a one lane road so you might be driving a bit slower then u would like to..) you are basically surrounded by water on both sides (crystal clear water) and at many spots along the drive it is possible to pull over and go into the water for a swim or just to relax, it is absolutely stunning, (for those who love to go fishing there is an area called Islamorada which is known as the fishing capital of the world) we ended leaving FLL airport late enough (due to some issues with renting our car) to be able to watch a beautiful sunset at the end of our drive while arriving at Key West, we checked into our hotel, Double Tree Resort by Hilton Hotel Grand Key, a nice island resort, very decent prices, really clean and great service, we ate our Pom meal, relaxed a bit at the pool and that was it for the day.       

Offline helpyouamdme

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
    • contact ‘Kоѕhеr Ski Club’ for the experience of a lifetime!
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2019, 09:56:25 AM »
Thanks keep on writing planning a trip there in June

Offline Samy1716

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2019, 10:50:50 AM »
Monday morning we woke up to a beautiful day, I went to the Chabad house to daven shachris, regarding minyan, Monday and Thursday & Shabbat there is a pretty big chance of having a minyan, mid week really depends on the season.
We ate breakfast in our room & went down to the pool for a nice morning swim, a while later we headed over to the concierge of the hotel to choose something nice to do for the day, the staff were amazing and very helpful, almost all activities on the island offer hotel pickup and drop off, we decided to first head over to Smathers beach which came highly recommended (Fort Zachary Taylor beach, was pretty highly recommended too, although we never got to it) at Smathers beach we got free chairs and umbrellas from our hotel & we stayed there for a pretty long time, DW and I love water sports and Key West is full of all kinds, but with a baby it gets a bit complicated, we took a stunning boat ride in the afternoon, which for one price gave us 3 amazing activities, we got to go search and find some dolphins, we then went snorkeling at a really nice spot and then on the way back we got to watch a beautiful & most amazing sunset! it was really great value for your money, And there was free beer and soda too!!!!! after that long boat ride we decided to go back to our hotel for supper and that was it for Monday.  I tried attaching some photos but it says that that is it too big, any advice?

Offline Toasted

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2019, 01:30:49 PM »
I tried attaching some photos but it says that that is it too big, any advice?
https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=46084.0

Offline Moshe26

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2019, 02:50:15 PM »
please keep it coming!

Offline mgoldhammer18

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: American Airlines, Citi thank you, British Avios, Hilton, SPG, AMEX Platinum, Jetblue
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2019, 01:44:10 PM »
Will you be posting pics?

Offline Live N Learn

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2019, 02:51:46 AM »

Looking in to the Keys... Could you pst the rest? (or PM...)

TIA
".איזהו חכם, הלומד מכל אדם"