Author Topic: Downgraded Cable - Next Step Suggestion?  (Read 752 times)

Offline Gadman56

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Downgraded Cable - Next Step Suggestion?
« on: May 30, 2019, 01:29:28 AM »
I was originally paying about $110/Mo after all fees for Optimum 200/down triple play.

I accepted a downgrade to basic cable channels (2-12) keep everything else the same and pay $72/Mo, and if I get my own modem will bring it to $62.

After researching modems, I realized how limited you are on what you can get with telephone service. The only reason for me owning the landline is my apt buildings front door buzzing system. (They won't allow cellphones I tried)

Now I'm thinking, is it worth getting the shitty telephony modem and keeping what I have currently? Or cancel altogether, re-sign up under my wife with internet only $45/Mo for 200down and get an obihai, and this way I have more freedom on a modem selection?

Would this hassle be worth it to you?

Offline mileagejunkie

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 607
    • View Profile
Re: Downgraded Cable - Next Step Suggestion?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2019, 07:44:57 AM »
I was originally paying about $110/Mo after all fees for Optimum 200/down triple play.

I accepted a downgrade to basic cable channels (2-12) keep everything else the same and pay $72/Mo, and if I get my own modem will bring it to $62.

After researching modems, I realized how limited you are on what you can get with telephone service. The only reason for me owning the landline is my apt buildings front door buzzing system. (They won't allow cellphones I tried)

Now I'm thinking, is it worth getting the **** telephony modem and keeping what I have currently? Or cancel altogether, re-sign up under my wife with internet only $45/Mo for 200down and get an obihai, and this way I have more freedom on a modem selection?

Would this hassle be worth it to you?
If you don’t want to pay for the modem but need phone service you should be able to keep their modem for free but they’ll deactivate internet on it. They can then install splitter for your own cable modem.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 12:52:48 PM by jj1000 »