Author Topic: CHASE closed ALL accounts!!!!!!!  (Read 112975 times)

Online CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
Re: CHASE closed ALL accounts!!!!!!!
« Reply #100 on: June 16, 2019, 08:07:35 PM »
Let me approach this in the manner of which you seem to be so fond, i.e., asking question after question, but with intent to make a statement:

What is the cost to commence a small claims suit? a federal court suit? a suit in NY Supreme? How much money do you think you're saving here?
I was under the impression that filing suit (state/federal) would cost way more than arbitration. I am trying to find Chases arb agreement. If someone has a link please post.

You disputed the reasons I gave about upper hand. I thought it would be good to tackle them one by one.
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #101 on: June 16, 2019, 08:13:12 PM »
I was under the impression that filing suit (state/federal) would cost way more than arbitration. I am trying to find Chases arb agreement. If someone has a link please post.

You disputed the reasons I gave about upper hand. I thought it would be good to tackle them one by one.

I guess if you assume the Chase arb agreement allocates $0 of the cost to the card holder AND you consider $20 (small claims up to $5K), $210 (NY Supreme, unlimited), $400 (federal, unlimited), then it does cost "way more."  I personally would not agree with that characterization, especially given the benefits to suing in court.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 16, 2019, 08:14:58 PM »
I guess if you assume the Chase arb agreement allocates $0 of the cost to the card holder AND you consider $20 (small claims up to $5K), $210 (NY Supreme, unlimited), $400 (federal, unlimited), then it does cost "way more."  I personally would not agree with that characterization, especially given the benefits to suing in court.
Where do I find a lawyer to file suit and fight against Chase in federal court for $400?

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #103 on: June 16, 2019, 08:18:00 PM »
Where do I find a lawyer to file suit and fight against Chase in federal court for $400?

I guess the same lawyer you were going to have file an arbitration claim and fight chase in arbitration?
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 16, 2019, 08:19:53 PM »
I guess the same lawyer you were going to have file an arbitration claim and fight chase in arbitration?
Nope, big bucks for federal and ZERO for arbitration. Now that is settled you want to move on to discovery?  :)

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 16, 2019, 08:23:25 PM »
Nope, big bucks for federal and ZERO for arbitration. Now that is settled you want to move on to discovery?  :)

Wait, you have an attorney who is going to charge you "big bucks" for suing in federal court but $0 for making a claim in arbitration?

I guess you get what you pay for...

<shrugs>

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 16, 2019, 08:25:35 PM »
How many cases have you won in arbitration against CC companies?

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 16, 2019, 08:27:40 PM »
Sigh.  It's tiresome to engage with someone who ignores questions asked of him, but then sidesteps and asks more of his own.

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 16, 2019, 08:31:51 PM »
You take a shot at a lawyer you know nothing about. I ask a simple question and you avoid it and post some non-sense.

Wait, you have an attorney who is going to charge you "big bucks" for suing in federal court but $0 for making a claim in arbitration?
If this was a serious question then the answer is yes. Now how about you asnswer my last question without deflecting.

Offline 12HRS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 16, 2019, 08:34:44 PM »

<shrugs>

I feel like we had this conversation somewhere that ended with bashing chassidim and their high socks. Or maybe it was baseball players...

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 16, 2019, 08:55:04 PM »
You take a shot at a lawyer you know nothing about. I ask a simple question and you avoid it and post some non-sense.
If this was a serious question then the answer is yes. Now how about you asnswer my last question without deflecting.

On this topic, I need not deflect; I am happy to answer any question you have.  (But, ftr, I think a poll asking which of us has been deflecting here would land resoundingly on someone other than me.)

The fact that you seem to have uniquely found some attorney who will charge you "big bucks" for a federal lawsuit, but charge you nothing (i.e. contingency) for an arbitration which -- contrary to your earlier assertions -- does in fact include discovery and the possibility of counterclaims, does not -- again, contrary to your earlier assertions -- mean that arbitration has a "leg up" on suing in court, for most people.  In fact it doesn't even mean that for you, but if you're entire argument in favor of arbitration these last several pages comes down down to the fact that you've found some guy who will take your Chase arbitration claim on contingency, well, I think that speaks for itself.  Let's just not hide behind answering questions with other questions and words like "discovery," "counter-suit," and "binding."

TLDR; CV thinks arbitration is better because he has a guy who will take his case on contingency.

Oh, and to answer your (relevant? irrelevant?) question, I've been involved in dozens of arbitrations with "CC companies."

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 16, 2019, 09:03:20 PM »
TLDR; CV thinks arbitration is better because he has a guy who will take his case on contingency.
If that is your conclusion then you have not been following this discussion.
Oh, and to answer your (relevant? irrelevant?) question, I've been involved in dozens of arbitrations with "CC companies."
If you are afraid to answer the question I asked I fully understand.  :)
In case you forgot the question.  ;)
How many cases have you won in arbitration against CC companies?

Offline chevron

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 16, 2019, 09:06:40 PM »
Personally I had chase mess up my chargebacks and my appeals were met with circular nonsense. It was $350 so I ate the losses but what if it was $10k?

For small claims it's easy to file, one can get the fee waived at times if they can't afford and I have self represented in both small claims and circut court (not CC related)

Small filling fee and self represented vs cc company sending lawyer $$.

If they lose, they set a precedent so they settle usually before court.

Arbitration can run huge $$ depends who pays arbitrator. Regardless of who is representing you.

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 16, 2019, 09:10:51 PM »
Arbitration can run huge $$ depends who pays arbitrator.
I am under the impression the CC companies pay most if not all the arbitrator fee. I tried to get an answer but that wasn't going to happen.

Everyone is talking opt in or out. Who has a link to the arb agreement?   

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 16, 2019, 09:27:45 PM »
If that is your conclusion then you have not been following this discussion.If you are afraid to answer the question I asked I fully understand.  :)
In case you forgot the question.  ;)

1) Please, for the benefit of the forum, spell out the conclusion I've apparently missed.  Why is arbitration better? And, do us all a solid: don't answer with a question, and second, in providing a fulsome answer, why don't you address each of these. I look forward to learning, as I imagine many here do.

2) I do not make a habit of suing the people who pay me $575 an hour.  So, I'm 0/0.  That said, unless you can spell out the relevance of winning (vs. experience), I'm not quite sure what that has to do with anything.  And while you're at it, you can also spell out your stats v. CC companies, so we all can get a sense of the experience with which you're making these comments.

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 16, 2019, 10:05:21 PM »
1) Please, for the benefit of the forum, spell out the conclusion I've apparently missed. 
The point I have made from the beginning is that arbitration is the best tool to fight these closures we are talking about (non-compliant letters).
So, I'm 0/0.
TY for a simple answer to a simple question.
And while you're at it, you can also spell out your stats v. CC companies, so we all can get a sense of the experience with which you're making these comments.
Need to ask a hypothetical question. Would saying something is covered by a NDA be a violation of a NDA?

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 16, 2019, 10:17:21 PM »
The point I have made from the beginning is that arbitration is the best tool to fight these closures we are talking about (non-compliant letters).

...why?

And, do us all a solid: don't answer with a question, and second, in providing a fulsome answer, why don't you address each of these. I look forward to learning, as I imagine many here do.

Need to ask a hypothetical question. Would saying something is covered by a NDA be a violation of a NDA?

1) Ask your legal advisor; and/or
2) Read your settlement agreement.

Though, the likelihood that an NDA (or more accurately,  that the party you gave the NDA to) would prohibit you from disclosing, in the abstract, your "stats" is nigh impossible.

Offline Joel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 76
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hertz PC, Enterprise Platinum, Avis PC
« Reply #117 on: June 16, 2019, 10:22:44 PM »
Does amex also have arbitration provision?

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 16, 2019, 10:26:37 PM »
...why?
Because of all the winning results I know of.
If you have seen winning results of these types of cases by a lawsuit in state/federal courts that would be a valuable data point.

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 16, 2019, 10:29:39 PM »
Does amex also have arbitration provision?
They sure do!  :)
In case anyone is wondering who pays the cost: "American Express will be responsible for paying the arbitrator and arbitration fees even in the event your arbitration is unsuccessful and so long as the arbitrator determines that your claim was not frivolous and vexatious."