Author Topic: CHASE closed ALL accounts!!!!!!!  (Read 114687 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: CHASE closed ALL accounts!!!!!!!
« Reply #180 on: July 30, 2019, 09:50:39 PM »
Dont pay personal CC with business bank account and vis a vie
I say this is #fakenews
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline gozalim

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 30, 2019, 09:54:12 PM »
To summarize, no prepaying/overpaying (which is sort of like cycling).
No cycling the credit line.
No paying off CC in cash
No paying with a third party check.
Also no money orders?
IOW, just pay from a bank account.

Any other way?  I don't want to mix banks and it seems best (from posts here) not to have a Chase account.
mixing banks is not an issue. paying your chase CC from your account/check at another bank is perfectly fine, and probably your best bet

Offline Ekay

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 31, 2019, 07:12:46 AM »
I say this is #fakenews
Heard it from two bankers one of them is branch manager.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #183 on: July 31, 2019, 08:34:24 AM »
They have nothing to do with shutdowns.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Ekay

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 31, 2019, 09:23:35 AM »
They have nothing to do with shutdowns.
there is no other reason I could think why I was shutdown. I am willing to let you look at my transaction history so you can see for yourself. I think I am as kosher as they come.

Offline chinagel

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 31, 2019, 10:14:00 AM »
there is no other reason I could think why I was shutdown. I am willing to let you look at my transaction history so you can see for yourself. I think I am as kosher as they come.
So you got mixed up for something else. Bankers have no clue about this stuff, they make it up as it goes.

Offline Joel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 76
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hertz PC, Enterprise Platinum, Avis PC
« Reply #186 on: July 31, 2019, 10:15:01 AM »
Did you cycle your credit line, pay before statement closing, use your CC at a friend's or family businesses or your personal business, spent high amounts on your personal CC?

Offline Ekay

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 31, 2019, 10:18:00 AM »
Did you cycle your credit line, pay before statement closing, use your CC at a friend's or family businesses or your personal business, spent high amounts on your personal CC?
none of the above just paid up before statement closing date but still had plenty of room on my credit line.

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #188 on: July 31, 2019, 10:20:22 AM »
none of the above just paid up before statement closing date but still had plenty of room on my credit line.
Did you make charges after the payment in same cycle?
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline sillypainter

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 31, 2019, 10:35:56 AM »
Did you make charges after the payment in same cycle?

Stop with the spreading of fake news. I pay my business credit cards WEEKLY. No issue.

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #190 on: July 31, 2019, 10:44:19 AM »
Stop with the spreading of fake news. I pay my business credit cards WEEKLY. No issue.
Good for you but your one data point is useless. So stick with what you know.
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline Ekay

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 31, 2019, 11:09:23 AM »
You could do whatever you want I am just repeating what I was told by someone I trust in Chase. Don’t understand why you are feeling intimidated by my msg!

In the end of the day chase implemented some crazy new algorithms which is causing lots of shutdowns and not all of them can be explained. After hearing this from a  branch manager who has dealt with multiple shutdowns one on one and has been in the system for years I felt its my duty to share this info with others. I personally would stay away from doing this only because nobody knows what can trigger a shutdown.

Discussion finished for now will not bring it up again. Will keep you guys posted for any updates I get.

Offline WhiteSocks

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 31, 2019, 12:00:44 PM »
File with the CFPB.
Dosent help, they basically reach out to Chase Executive Office on your behalf and you get nowhere. Chase shall be boycott for the way they deal with customers and do business.
CDBP forwarded the Response from Chase Executive Office something like "We closed your deposit account ending in 2221 in accordance with the terms of our agreement The Deposit Account Agreement allows us to close an account other than a CD at any time, for any reason or no reason, without giving a reason, and without prior notice.....We closed the credit card account because our affiliate is ending their banking relationship with you. The decision to end our banking relationship with you is final."
As a matter of fact, I never did anything that has been discussed in the threads not to do...

Offline mendy from lakewood

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 26
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Premier 1K, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, National EE, Hertz Presidential.
« Reply #193 on: July 31, 2019, 01:22:46 PM »
correction * no issue yet
"Respect is earned, Honesty is appreciated, Trust is gained, Loyalty is returned"

Offline jdross

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
Chase just closed all of my accounts
« Reply #194 on: August 04, 2019, 01:30:13 PM »
Hello,

Does anyone know what is going on? I just went online and I see that chase has closed 5/6 of my accounts.

There was no funny business going on at all. Some of them had small balances and one had a large balance that was turning around every month.

Everything was current and paid with no issues. I had one small issue where one of the cards automatic payment didnt go through twice in a row but made sure to take care of it promptly.

Any idea what in the world is going on? Has anyone been in this situation before and can the accounts be re-opened somehow?

What do I do with all my points? I have about 400k points which I currently have access to right now but not sure what to do and if they will disappear.

So Nervous.

Thanks

Offline grodnoking

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
Re: Chase just closed all of my accounts
« Reply #195 on: August 04, 2019, 01:42:49 PM »
Hello,

Does anyone know what is going on? I just went online and I see that chase has closed 5/6 of my accounts.

There was no funny business going on at all. Some of them had small balances and one had a large balance that was turning around every month.

Everything was current and paid with no issues. I had one small issue where one of the cards automatic payment didnt go through twice in a row but made sure to take care of it promptly.

Any idea what in the world is going on? Has anyone been in this situation before and can the accounts be re-opened somehow?

What do I do with all my points? I have about 400k points which I currently have access to right now but not sure what to do and if they will disappear.

So Nervous.

Thanks
Please post in the appropriate thread, where you will also find a large amount of information that you can read to see if you actually did something wrong (Hint: the last guy who said he did nothing wrong made three huge mistakes).

Points will disappear 30 days from when your account got shut down. Transfer them if you can't used them by then.
I'm not who you think I am.

Offline grodnoking

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
I'm not who you think I am.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 04, 2019, 01:48:18 PM »
Hello,

So Nervous.

Thanks
Returned payment is a massive red flag/trigger for all cards.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
Re: Chase just closed all of my accounts
« Reply #198 on: August 04, 2019, 01:54:01 PM »
I had one small issue where one of the cards automatic payment didnt go through twice in a row but made sure to take care of it promptly.

The likely trigger. And it's bad news, in afraid.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline shapsam

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 04, 2019, 01:58:56 PM »
This is one reason why I don't set up automatic payments.