Author Topic: Does Global Entry Include TSA presecreen?  (Read 4995 times)

Offline grodnoking

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
Re: Does Global Entry Include TSA presecreen?
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2019, 01:59:38 PM »
I'm not referring to SSSS, sometimes you just don't get pre check and just have to go regular security.
But it's no difference if you got it with GE or by itself
I'm not who you think I am.

Offline yitrap

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2019, 01:59:58 PM »
But it's no difference if you got it with GE or by itself
Right.

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2019, 05:42:03 PM »
Right.
There's no guarantee in life for anything, but if you apply for global entry / TSA PreCheck you're bound to have it on your boarding pass each time, now if they deny you that's nothing to do with the standard, you happen to be denied because your a criminal, while one could of used it 500 times and never had a problem.
     It's like saying when you book a F or J fare flight you're not always guaranteed to fly business, well yeah if you get bumped off your not going to fly in j/f. Like that with everything in life.
  At least most members on the forum meant or thought you meant that you won't be able to use it every time as your maxed or capped for a limited amount per year, or just it won't come on your boarding pass each time.
 If the airline offers it and your information is correct yes your KTN number will show up each time.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline yitrap

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2019, 05:49:24 PM »

There's no guarantee in life for anything, but if you apply for global entry / TSA PreCheck you're bound to have it on your boarding pass each time, now if they deny you that's nothing to do with the standard, you happen to be denied because your a criminal, while one could of used it 500 times and never had a problem.
     It's like saying when you book a F or J fare flight you're not always guaranteed to fly business, well yeah if you get bumped off your not going to fly in j/f. Like that with everything in life.
  At least most members on the forum meant or thought you meant that you won't be able to use it every time as your maxed or capped for a limited amount per year, or just it won't come on your boarding pass each time.
 If the airline offers it and your information is correct yes your KTN number will show up each time.

I guess my wife is a criminal .

I'm telling you a fact - not every time you enter your KTN even with all the correct info will you get pre check and even after having agent reenter and print boarding pass either.

Showing up in line and saying "BuT iM glObaL enTry" isn't going to get you into the pre check line the only thing that will is having it on your boarding pass.

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2019, 05:56:00 PM »

I'm telling you a fact - not every time you enter your KTN even with all the correct info will you get pre check and even after having agent reenter and print boarding pass either.

Showing up in line and saying "BuT iM glObaL enTry" isn't going to get you into the pre check line the only thing that will is having it on your boarding pass.
The few times it didn't go when printing did some photo shop work on my boarding pass before printing from my computer and worked like a charm.
 No I'm kidding don't suggest you do that.
    Interesting that it will not print each time.
 Learnt something new!
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline shapsam

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2019, 06:46:15 PM »

+1
Personal experience.

Offline chff

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 25
    • View Profile
  • Programs: All of them...
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2019, 07:15:58 PM »
+1
Personal experience.
Personal experience on which part

Offline Sig

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2019, 07:38:35 PM »
I'm not sure why this is so complicated. Even if you have a KTN and are approved for Pre check it's not a guaranteed benefit - there will be times you don't get it.

I actually had it a few months ago on the same PNR as my wife, she didn't get it and I did.
I think Occam's Razor on this one is that the computer system dorked it up somehow, not that there's some secret TSA algorithm that randomly omits TSA Pre from people with a KTN as some crafty kind of security measure!

Offline shapsam

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2019, 08:06:55 PM »
Personal experience on which part
Was flying SQ, they tried getting my KTN onto the boarding pass for about 10 minutes to no avail.

Offline AlaskanDreams

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2019, 12:58:47 AM »
While it's not guaranteed, there are a number of scenarios where values are-so-slightly different in databases and the result is that a KTN doesn't go through. The most common one I've encountered is Chase Ultimate Rewards. Despite having all of my information entered correctly on both sides, they frequently will link parts of my name and the result is that the KTN doesn't match and doesn't apply. Typically just takes a phone call in advance, and with digital check-in, it's pretty easy to ensure that you have Pre-Check before you get to the airport :)

Offline grodnoking

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2019, 08:27:27 PM »

While it's not guaranteed, there are a number of scenarios where values are-so-slightly different in databases and the result is that a KTN doesn't go through. The most common one I've encountered is Chase Ultimate Rewards. Despite having all of my information entered correctly on both sides, they frequently will link parts of my name and the result is that the KTN doesn't match and doesn't apply. Typically just takes a phone call in advance, and with digital check-in, it's pretty easy to ensure that you have Pre-Check before you get to the airport :)

And I found KSLM doesn't go thru on CUR sometimes.
I'm not who you think I am.

Offline chff

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 25
    • View Profile
  • Programs: All of them...
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2019, 09:26:34 PM »
Seen a booking from CSR that put the phone number as a redness number. I didn't book it so don't know if the system did it that way or the person who booked it entered it incorrectly