Author Topic: Vacation: 2 Nights, 3 Days for $149 Poconos  (Read 2891 times)

Offline Yehuda_H

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Vacation: 2 Nights, 3 Days for $149 Poconos
« on: March 01, 2019, 12:44:51 PM »
From Exploria Resorts:
http://www.exploriaresorts.com/experiences/149-3-day-2-night-pocono-mountain-villas-5-day-bonus-cruise/
2 Nights and 3 days at your choice of the Staybridge Resorts or Bushkill Inn and Conference Center, plus a bonus cruise for 3 nights/4 days, a $100 dining certificate and a $50 gift card. Up to 4 people.

Today Only: If you call, they may drop the price to $109.

Alternate Perks: After spending considerable time on the phone, the Gifts and Perks representative offered to exchange the cruise bonus for a 4 day/3 night stay at one of their Orlando hotels, with round-trip airfare and 4 one-day passes to Disney World for an additional $70.

The Catch: You must listen to a 90-minute presentation on the wonders of owning a TimeShare. Exploria is not a true Timeshare, rather for a fee of several hundred to several thousand dollars, you can access a marketplace of significantly discounted global vacation stays and cruises.
Based on your fee level, you can get up to a certain number of days "free"; similar to how credit card points or frequent flier miles can be exchanged for hotel stays.

There is no requirement to purchase the timeshare, but they are very pushy (but friendly).
http://www.exploriaresorts.com/special-getaways/ has a few other options that I have not reviewed. If you call and ask for a discount or negotiate, they generally will be able to give you a slightly better price.

I took my family to Exploria Poconos last year (previously known as the TreetopVillas) and I did get the $50 gift card and the passes they offered then.

Offline BubbyK

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Vacation: 2 Nights, 3 Days for $149 Poconos
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2019, 12:15:04 PM »
You can also just book on tripbeat.com; similar prices, and no annoying timeshare presentation.

Offline Agoldsc1

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Vacation: 2 Nights, 3 Days for $149 Poconos
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2019, 11:08:16 PM »
3* on TripAdvisor.