Author Topic: Capital one took from bank x5 times the original deposit!  (Read 14633 times)

Offline Joel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 76
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hertz PC, Enterprise Platinum, Avis PC
Basically I was helping a family member sign up for there first card told her to go for the CO secured.
Approval was quick and she agreed to submit the minimum $49.
Today she woke up to 5 pulls $49 each from CO from her chase checking account and a email from CO saying it's a mistake.
She right away called in CO to try to find out what happened and when her money will be deposited back. Rep just kept on saying I'm sorry and she didn't get any answers.

After calling me I told her let's call together on a conference call and I will try to help you out.

First they tried to transfer us to fraud after 15 minutes it was the same no answers just we are looking into this. I tried to push for a date when the money will be returned but rep didn't want to give us any solid date!

Then we requested a supervisor and explained what happened and again the same thing I dont know we are looking into this and it's a technical issue!
After going back and forth I told her I'm never going to recommend another CO product to family or friends if they can take out money from a external account without any permission. I told her I'm going to make a case with CFPB. She just kept on saying there is nothing she can do or know a date when the money will be returned.
Then I asked her if there is anyone supervising her she said she is the highest person in the department...
Asked her to follow up email or phone call said she cant.
So now my family member needs to run after her money!
Imagine she needs it for groceries or rent!

Offline BarryLincoln

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Platinum, National Executive, Hertz Five Star
Re: Capital one took from bank x5 times the original deposit!
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2019, 11:09:39 AM »
Looks like they charged her the $49 on 6/5 and there are a bunch of pending credits for $49...

Offline Joel

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hertz PC, Enterprise Platinum, Avis PC
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2019, 03:53:53 PM »
Looks like they charged her the $49 on 6/5 and there are a bunch of pending credits for $49...
Looks like you are correct.
There was 5 pulls on 6/4 2 weeks after the original pull of $49 then today 4 x $49 was deposited back.
Still doesn't make it right pulling more then once $49.

Offline whacked1

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2019, 04:02:18 PM »
I had the same thing happen with fidelty and chase. I was trying to deposit money into fidelty. Was done way more then 5x. IIRC it was more than 50x ($3500)... Was a giant PITA.

Fidelty (or perhaps its chase) wont allow me to transfer between these accts anymore

Offline Joel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2019, 10:23:40 PM »
Basically I was helping a family member sign up for there first card told her to go for the CO secured.
Approval was quick and she agreed to submit the minimum $49.
Today she woke up to 5 pulls $49 each from CO from her chase checking account and a email from CO saying it's a mistake.
She right away called in CO to try to find out what happened and when her money will be deposited back. Rep just kept on saying I'm sorry and she didn't get any answers.

After calling me I told her let's call together on a conference call and I will try to help you out.

First they tried to transfer us to fraud after 15 minutes it was the same no answers just we are looking into this. I tried to push for a date when the money will be returned but rep didn't want to give us any solid date!

Then we requested a supervisor and explained what happened and again the same thing I dont know we are looking into this and it's a technical issue!
After going back and forth I told her I'm never going to recommend another CO product to family or friends if they can take out money from a external account without any permission. I told her I'm going to make a case with CFPB. She just kept on saying there is nothing she can do or know a date when the money will be returned.
Then I asked her if there is anyone supervising her she said she is the highest person in the department...
Asked her to follow up email or phone call said she cant.
So now my family member needs to run after her money!
Imagine she needs it for groceries or rent!
Update:
Received this email from capital one

Offline LoLo

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2019, 10:55:11 PM »
Very nice compensation.

Online tzifanya54

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2019, 12:16:47 AM »
Wow I’m verily impressed with what they did to make it right!