Author Topic: Delayed (Not LOST) luggage with purple personal SPG Amex Card - Valid Claim?  (Read 1245 times)

Offline VermiciousKnish

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Hi All,

My luggage was recently lost for 3 days while travelling in Europe. I filed all the necessary claims with the carrier etc. and also called Amex insurance where I was told that I can spend up to $500 which would be reimbursed. Today my claim was denied because they said they only cover lost luggage and not delayed luggage. I am trying to look up the actual policy but can not find anything online as the SPG card had been swapped out for Marriott now. Pretty sure the new card is the Personal Marriott Bonvoy but does anyone have any experience with delayed luggage under this card? I have so many other cards I could have used to purchase the flight (including my CDN cards which do cover delayed baggage) but used this SPG for some reason because it was in my wallet at the time.

I called Amex insurance back and told them that rep told me it was ok to start spending at the time when I started the claim while baggage was still lost. I needed basic items and so spent money to buy them thinking I would be reimbursed. They said they will review the original phone call and get back to me.

Any advice?

Offline simplicity

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
wait and see. its interesting cuz alot of cards you pay a af have these "travel insurances"

Offline chff

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 25
    • View Profile
  • Programs: All of them...
Hi All,

My luggage was recently lost for 3 days while travelling in Europe. I filed all the necessary claims with the carrier etc. and also called Amex insurance where I was told that I can spend up to $500 which would be reimbursed. Today my claim was denied because they said they only cover lost luggage and not delayed luggage. I am trying to look up the actual policy but can not find anything online as the SPG card had been swapped out for Marriott now. Pretty sure the new card is the Personal Marriott Bonvoy but does anyone have any experience with delayed luggage under this card? I have so many other cards I could have used to purchase the flight (including my CDN cards which do cover delayed baggage) but used this SPG for some reason because it was in my wallet at the time.

I called Amex insurance back and told them that rep told me it was ok to start spending at the time when I started the claim while baggage was still lost. I needed basic items and so spent money to buy them thinking I would be reimbursed. They said they will review the original phone call and get back to me.

Any advice?
Maybe re-file your claim under delayed baggage. The $500 sounds like the amount for delay and not lost

Offline chff

• View Profile
Hi All,

Any advice?
Did you file a claim with the airline as well?

Offline VermiciousKnish

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
The airline is Vueling and there was no one to get in touch with. They have a section on their website that allowed for baggage search but it was linked with the company that I filed the missing bag claim with.

Offline VermiciousKnish

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
As far as I saw, there was no option to file a delayed baggage claim with this Amex card.

Offline Yammer

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
As far as I saw, there was no option to file a delayed baggage claim with this Amex card.
I believe only the Plat has baggage delay insurance

Offline chff

• View Profile
I believe only the Plat has baggage delay insurance

And I had bad experience with Chase when doing claims. Good idea to always buy travel insurance (costs about $25)

Offline KSMH

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
I dont thing AMEX has baggage delay, only lost.
Chase has delay and will pay 100 per day, recently used it.
Always praying for delayed baggage.