Author Topic: wesson canola oil 128 oz free on target.com  (Read 85194 times)

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
Re: wesson canola oil 128 oz free on target.com
« Reply #160 on: June 21, 2019, 05:49:16 PM »
They also take about half an hour to cook.
Won't work to put hot water and wait it out? Need to be be done over a flame?
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline grodnoking

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 21, 2019, 05:56:37 PM »
And a microwave is not recommended.
I'm not who you think I am.

Offline zale

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 21, 2019, 06:43:53 PM »

I don't think so. It's like rice. But I'm sure Google can help you out.

Offline Danfan27

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 22, 2019, 09:57:11 PM »
I got 5 crisco canola oils delivered on Shabbos. I think I’m set with oil for the next 2 years.

Offline Agoldsc1

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 22, 2019, 10:28:14 PM »
Serious question: Over Shabbos I received many Target deliveries, we're talking about 2 dozen oils, and similar quantities of assorted candies, oats, flour, etc...I honestly don't know why I ordered so much-- I guess it was the adrenaline of the deal combined with the fact that I didn't think it would actually ship.  The problem is that I'm having a bit of a moral crisis about these items. I've gotten in on many "deals" in the past, and have never felt badly about it, but this is different because it involved an extra level of deceit. Meaning, it's not like they just listed the prices wrong on their website, but we actually had to pick a specific store, select an item without a price, etc...

TO BE CLEAR, I'm not opining on the ethics of this deal or judging anyone. Rather, my question is, if I return these items to Target, will I cause trouble for myself or anyone else? I'm definitely not looking to cause problems for anyone else who got in on this deal, or myself.

I know that I can in theory buy these items by purchasing gift cards and not using them, but I'm also not interested in paying retail for all these items. Is there any way to know what Target pays for them, so at the very least, I can purchase an amount of gift cards to offset their losses?

My wife is suggesting donating these items to a local food pantry, but that also feels wrong, to donate what I consider to be unethically procured goods.

As a last resort, does anyone have any good reasoning as to why this is not such a big deal?

Thanks everyone.

Offline yitzf

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: June 22, 2019, 10:32:11 PM »
Serious question: Over Shabbos I received many Target deliveries, we're talking about 2 dozen oils, and similar quantities of assorted candies, oats, flour, etc...I honestly don't know why I ordered so much-- I guess it was the adrenaline of the deal combined with the fact that I didn't think it would actually ship.  The problem is that I'm having a bit of a moral crisis about these items. I've gotten in on many "deals" in the past, and have never felt badly about it, but this is different because it involved an extra level of deceit. Meaning, it's not like they just listed the prices wrong on their website, but we actually had to pick a specific store, select an item without a price, etc...

TO BE CLEAR, I'm not opining on the ethics of this deal or judging anyone. Rather, my question is, if I return these items to Target, will I cause trouble for myself or anyone else? I'm definitely not looking to cause problems for anyone else who got in on this deal, or myself.

I know that I can in theory buy these items by purchasing gift cards and not using them, but I'm also not interested in paying retail for all these items. Is there any way to know what Target pays for them, so at the very least, I can purchase an amount of gift cards to offset their losses?

My wife is suggesting donating these items to a local food pantry, but that also feels wrong, to donate what I consider to be unethically procured goods.

As a last resort, does anyone have any good reasoning as to why this is not such a big deal?

Thanks everyone.
Gift cards might not help because they might have to give the unused amount to the govt.
https://money.howstuffworks.com/personal-finance/budgeting/gift-card2.htm

Why can't you just return it to the store?

Offline Agoldsc1

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 22, 2019, 10:33:53 PM »
Gift cards might not help because they might have to give the unused amount to the govt.
https://money.howstuffworks.com/personal-finance/budgeting/gift-card2.htm

Why can't you just return it to the store?

I don’t want to raise any flags for other people who have and will continue to take advantage of this deal.

Offline yitzf

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 22, 2019, 10:34:35 PM »
I don’t want to raise any flags for other people who have and will continue to take advantage of this deal.
What until it's over and then return. You have 90 days...

Offline Agoldsc1

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 22, 2019, 10:37:52 PM »
What until it's over and then return. You have 90 days...

Looks like food items are not returnable.

Offline zale

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 22, 2019, 10:38:08 PM »

Hard to say. They may try to refund the order and notice the $0.00 in the system. It might also be suspicious that so many items are coming in for return.

I concur with donating. Please see Dan's post on the topic of price mistakes:

https://www.dansdeals.com/more/site-announcements/on-the-topic-of-price-mistakes/

Specifically:

4. An online price mistake isn’t at all comparable to walking into a store and walking out with a mispriced  item.  Everything bought online is fully verified before it ships out.  Especially in the case of a mistake that’s published on any large website when there’s an unusual volume of orders.  With an online glitch the higher-ups in the company will have complete control over the situation.  With an in-store glitch that is not the case.

I would also point out that if you take the entire value of the items you ordered, it probably doesn't even come close to any of the airfare price mistakes or the famous TRU mistake.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 10:42:43 PM by zale »

Offline grodnoking

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 22, 2019, 10:50:08 PM »
What's TRU?

Offline zale

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 22, 2019, 10:51:35 PM »
What's TRU?
Toys R Us. There was a massive glitch about a year or two ago where people where ordering multiple $1000+ strollers and got them delivered for free.

Offline Agoldsc1

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 22, 2019, 10:54:19 PM »
Hard to say. They may try to refund the order and notice the $0.00 in the system. It might also be suspicious that so many items are coming in for return.

I concur with donating. Please see Dan's post on the topic of price mistakes:

https://www.dansdeals.com/more/site-announcements/on-the-topic-of-price-mistakes/

Specifically:

4. An online price mistake isn’t at all comparable to walking into a store and walking out with a mispriced  item.  Everything bought online is fully verified before it ships out.  Especially in the case of a mistake that’s published on any large website when there’s an unusual volume of orders.  With an online glitch the higher-ups in the company will have complete control over the situation.  With an in-store glitch that is not the case.

I would also point out that if you take the entire value of the items you ordered, it probably doesn't even come close to any of the airfare price mistakes or the famous TRU mistake.

I don’t think you can say that these orders were fully verified if they are literally mailing out hundreds if not thousands of dollars worth of products for free.

Regarding the famous Toys “R” Us deal, I would probably have had the same qualms had I gotten in on it.

And regarding airlines,  they almost always have the final say as to whether or not they will honor the deals, Plus it’s hard to feel bad for him in this for the charges you $300 to add a letter to a name.

Offline gingyguy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 36
    • View Profile
  • Programs: I don't like to brag
« Reply #173 on: June 22, 2019, 11:25:03 PM »
Steel cut oats are less processed and therefore supposedly healthier.
but they dont recommend making in a  microwave... whos has 25 - 30 minutes to make oatmeal for their kids in the morning?
May you slide down the banister of happiness & get many splinters of success up your career.

Offline ckmk47

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 22, 2019, 11:31:24 PM »
Serious question:

Thanks everyone.
You can estimate a lowball retail price for the items and pay 50-70% or guess the Target price some other way.
You can go into a Target and buy an expensive small item in that price range and then later return the item to the Target shelf for them to resell. ( I say small so the return process is practical.)
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Offline zale

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 22, 2019, 11:33:09 PM »
but they dont recommend making in a  microwave... whos has 25 - 30 minutes to make oatmeal for their kids in the morning?

Steel cut oats are for oatmeal and health fanatics. Most people opt for rolled oats because aint’ nobody’s got time for that.

Offline ludmila

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Diamond,Marriott Platinum,SPG Platinum.
« Reply #176 on: June 22, 2019, 11:40:02 PM »
You can estimate a lowball retail price for the items and pay 50-70% or guess the Target price some other way.
You can go into a Target and buy an expensive small item in that price range and then later return the item to the Target shelf for them to resell. ( I say small so the return process is practical.)
Purchase a small expensive item and then returning the same item? What good does this do?
I was the Best,still the Best, and will always be the Best.
Pele Good,Maradona Better, George Best.

Offline Agoldsc1

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 22, 2019, 11:43:49 PM »
Purchase a small expensive item and then returning the same item? What good does this do?

I think he means not returning the item for a refund, but simply placing it back on the shelf so that it is returned to their inventory. Then problem with that plan is that unless the entire stock is sold out, then many items are either sold to a liquidator at pennies on the dollar, or simply destroyed.

Offline grodnoking

• View Profile