Author Topic: wesson canola oil 128 oz free on target.com  (Read 84468 times)

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Re: wesson canola oil 128 oz free on target.com
« Reply #260 on: June 25, 2019, 10:30:47 AM »
Anyone have any legal knowledge regarding this kind of error? Can Target send an invoice later demanding payment?

Why isn't this a candidate for criminal fraud?
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline zale

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile

Offline nesanels7

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 25, 2019, 10:36:18 AM »
I doubt its a problem. Its not illegal to go through a loophole. And also if you look at it in your cart you would have seen that you paid for it. It just costed $0.

Offline Agoldsc1

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 25, 2019, 10:38:36 AM »
I don't know. Why is this not?

https://www.dansdeals.com/shopping-deals/family-deals/toys/price-mistake-buy-0-99-toy-toys-r-us-get-4-items-free-get-bugaboo-xbox-ps4-segway-just-6-98-shipped/

Who said it wasn't. Not every crime is prosecuted, but just because person A didn't get prosecuted for jaywalking doesn't mean that person B is free to jaywalk. In addition, TRU was experiencing some major other problems at the time, so maybe they were worrying about other things.

Personally, I wish that I had never become involved in this thread. I've tried returning the items online, but it won't allow me to, even though they should be returnable.

Offline Agoldsc1

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 25, 2019, 10:40:28 AM »
I doubt its a problem. Its not illegal to go through a loophole. And also if you look at it in your cart you would have seen that you paid for it. It just costed $0.

I don't think that this is a loophole.

Offline stooges44

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 269
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 25, 2019, 11:21:43 AM »
Who said it wasn't. Not every crime is prosecuted, but just because person A didn't get prosecuted for jaywalking doesn't mean that person B is free to jaywalk. In addition, TRU was experiencing some major other problems at the time, so maybe they were worrying about other things.

Personally, I wish that I had never become involved in this thread. I've tried returning the items online, but it won't allow me to, even though they should be returnable.

What happened?
If it's not free shipping it's not worth it.

Offline Agoldsc1

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 25, 2019, 11:26:58 AM »
What happened?

It just tells me that the items are unavailable for return.

Offline gingyguy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 36
    • View Profile
  • Programs: I don't like to brag
« Reply #267 on: June 25, 2019, 12:04:47 PM »

Personally, I wish that I had never become involved in this thread.
+1 (a bit more than 1 to be exact)
May you slide down the banister of happiness & get many splinters of success up your career.

Offline Agoldsc1

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 25, 2019, 12:10:43 PM »
It just tells me that the items are unavailable for return.

But the items which I did pay for are eligible for return...

Offline 6girls

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 25, 2019, 12:19:06 PM »

Why don't you AYLOR if you may keep the stuff?

Offline Agoldsc1

• View Profile
« Reply #270 on: June 25, 2019, 12:26:39 PM »
Why don't you AYLOR if you may keep the stuff?

This is not something that I want to discuss with my LOR.

Offline gingyguy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 36
    • View Profile
  • Programs: I don't like to brag
« Reply #271 on: June 25, 2019, 12:36:18 PM »
lol
May you slide down the banister of happiness & get many splinters of success up your career.

Offline Definitions

• View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 25, 2019, 01:54:20 PM »
Meaning because you already made up your mind or your uncomfortable? I don't see any reason why this should be an uncomfortable question to ask
My Tapatalk notifications don't always work.

Offline Agoldsc1

• View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 25, 2019, 02:07:24 PM »
Meaning because you already made up your mind or your uncomfortable? I don't see any reason why this should be an uncomfortable question to ask

"Rabbi, I was made aware that, through a series carefully executed maneuvers online, it was possible to have a certain retailer ship items to me without charging me for them. This was not a promotion in any manner, but simply the result of a glitch in their system. I exploited this error to the tune of approximately one hundred and fifty items. Oh, I forgot to mention that these are all the same five food products meaning that the vast majority will sit in my basement until they expire. What should I do?"

Uncomfortable.

Offline Definitions

• View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 25, 2019, 02:26:16 PM »
"Rabbi, I was made aware that, through a series carefully executed maneuvers online, it was possible to have a certain retailer ship items to me without charging me for them. This was not a promotion in any manner, but simply the result of a glitch in their system. I exploited this error to the tune of approximately one hundred and fifty items. Oh, I forgot to mention that these are all the same five food products meaning that the vast majority will sit in my basement until they expire. What should I do?"

Uncomfortable.
I guess we'll agree to disagree :)

I would answer if there's no way to physically put it back on the shelves or like someone else mentioned buy something expensive and put that back on the shelf. Then throw everything out so you shouldn't benefit from ill gotten gains.

But I don't think that's the halacha. It's most probably muttar and thereby Baal taashchis also.
My Tapatalk notifications don't always work.

Offline ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #275 on: June 25, 2019, 02:33:09 PM »
..In general, prices on grocery items vary by store. A Target located in an expensive area will have higher prices than a Target in a cheaper area. However, the website is supposed to have a uniform price all across the board.

Now that they integrated Shipt, the prices must change according to the selected store to match that store's price, because the courier will be picking up the items from that local store. However, this is either a work in progress or the programming team is doing a sloppy job. What's really supposed to happen is the prices are supposed to change when you select Delivery by Shipt, but when you change to regular shipping, the prices are supposed to reset to be uniform across the board.

You can actually look at grocery items on Target's website and watch how the price changes from store to store as you select different stores.

If you look at this item: https://www.target.com/p/elite-milk-chocolate-3oz/-/A-47088908

It won't work with the Gateway location, but if you select College Point as your store, it will show just $0.43 cents, which is a pretty hot deal. Change the location to another store, and you will watch the price change anywhere from $1.99 to $.43 and everything in between.

So what would one say about changing stores to get better pricing (not $0, just better pricing, and IINM it's not only food items that will vary in price)? Is there a problem with taking advantage of that?
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Agoldsc1

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 25, 2019, 02:46:09 PM »
So what would one say about changing stores to get better pricing (not $0, just better pricing, and IINM it's not only food items that will vary in price)? Is there a problem with taking advantage of that?

I don't see an issue with changing stores to get a better price. But in this case, changing stores was the mechanism to trigger the error.

In other words, I don't see anything wrong with ordering 10 shampoos of brand X. But if you know that ordering 10 shampoos of brand X will cause the system to trigger and error and reduce the price to $0, then there is something wrong with order 10 shampoos of brand X.

Offline zale

• View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 25, 2019, 02:46:21 PM »
I’m not going to justify anything, but I feel like some of this חרטה is due to the fact that the items are not all consumable or sellable. On the other hand, If this was a Glitch on Playstations or iPads...

The celebratory, victorious remarks on the TRU or  recent Reebok deal stands in stark contrast to this one, where everyone is suddenly major בעלי נפש and יראי שמים.

People seem to have forgotten that this is Dansdeals. This is the international center of price mistakes and glitches.

Offline Agoldsc1

• View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 25, 2019, 02:55:22 PM »
I’m not going to justify anything, but I feel like some of this חרטה is due to the fact that the items are not all consumable or sellable. On the other hand, If this was a Glitch on Playstations or iPads...

The celebratory, victorious remarks on the TRU or  recent Reebok deal stands in stark contrast to this one, where everyone is suddenly major בעלי נפש and יראי שמים.

People seem to have forgotten that this is Dansdeals. This is the international center of price mistakes and glitches.

I don't know much about the TRU deal except that it existed. But I think that the main difference for me between this deal and a "regular" price mistake is that this was not simply a situation where the store made a mistake and listed items at the wrong price. In such a case, you can say that the store is selling the item at a price that they selected, and it's not on me to question it. But in this case, the buyer had to actually trigger the error, so in my mind, that shifts this "deal" from a price mistake to almost theft by hacking.

Offline ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #279 on: June 25, 2019, 03:12:17 PM »
I don't see an issue with changing stores to get a better price. But in this case, changing stores was the mechanism to trigger the error.

In other words, I don't see anything wrong with ordering 10 shampoos of brand X. But if you know that ordering 10 shampoos of brand X will cause the system to trigger and error and reduce the price to $0, then there is something wrong with order 10 shampoos of brand X.

So do you draw the line at $0? If changing stores brings down the price by 50%, 75% or 95%, or 99% it's OK, but if it's down by 100% it's not?
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan