Author Topic: Bingo Wholesale 5towns- NONBICKERING THREAD  (Read 1056 times)

Offline Sammy82

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Bingo Wholesale 5towns- NONBICKERING THREAD
« on: March 08, 2024, 12:53:44 PM »
I apologize to all for the new thread. And if the @mods think it's inappropriate, please delete it. But it was ridiculous how the other chat became a cesspool of kashrus, fighting, and personal attacks. I'm going to be muting it and I imagine many others will too.
If you could have normal adult conversations, and stay on topic (specifically about Bingo, not bashing other stores, or even comparing prices to stores in other communities) please use this thread. If you want to go back and forth with another poster about kashrus issues, who is/is not a secret employee of an establishment, post personal attacks, and similar, then please stay away from here.

Offline ari3

• View Profile
Re: Bingo Wholesale 5towns- NONBICKERING THREAD
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2024, 08:12:45 PM »
I apologize to all for the new thread. And if the @mods think it's inappropriate, please delete it. But it was ridiculous how the other chat became a cesspool of kashrus, fighting, and personal attacks. I'm going to be muting it and I imagine many others will too.
If you could have normal adult conversations, and stay on topic (specifically about Bingo, not bashing other stores, or even comparing prices to stores in other communities) please use this thread. If you want to go back and forth with another poster about kashrus issues, who is/is not a secret employee of an establishment, post personal attacks, and similar, then please stay away from here.
I gave your post a like even though I don't have any connection to five towns and don't read that thread. Unfortunately the problems you are addressing sometimes appear in other threads as well and can turn a useful thread with exchanges of information and opinions into a useless cesspool of stupidity

Offline Moshe Green

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2024, 04:13:37 AM »
So what exactly is there to talk about if you can't discuss the prices or Hechsheirim?

The color of the floor tiles? ("Whenever i go to Bingo i wear my blue shirt so i match the tiles!")
The air conditioning? ("I asked them to make it 71 instead of 72 and they changed it just for me!")
The music? ("Instead of buying CD's, [now you know how old i am] i simply sit in Bingo and listen to the music there, big savings!")

Online WayBackMachine

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2024, 07:53:58 AM »
So what exactly is there to talk about if you can't discuss the prices or Hechsheirim?

The color of the floor tiles? ("Whenever i go to Bingo i wear my blue shirt so i match the tiles!")
The air conditioning? ("I asked them to make it 71 instead of 72 and they changed it just for me!")
The music? ("Instead of buying CD's, [now you know how old i am] i simply sit in Bingo and listen to the music there, big savings!")
so lets discuss this discussion, you can discuss anything all you want, but going in circles needs to stop with a GIF with filename Chaim.gif

this discussion if more stringent hechsher is needed/appreciated in 5 towns is not the 1st time it hits a 5 town thread, maybe we can activate @TimT to dig it up, and it doesn't add any value

Offline Sammy82

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2024, 10:58:55 AM »

Hechsher has been discussed time and time again. There is also a dedicated thread for hechsheirim. Pricing is a great thing to discuss, when it involves comparing to other 5town stores. Not bashing other 5towns towns. And not posting prices from stores in other communities, as that is IRRELEVANT. And fighting back and forth like a bunch of kids is plain stupid and a turnoff.
Other things to talk about are their sales, if they carry certain items, hours, etc. The same as the other Bingo chats. The idea is that it should be useful to those reading it. Simple.

Offline justaregularguy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2024, 11:18:51 AM »
Hechsher has been discussed time and time again. There is also a dedicated thread for hechsheirim. Pricing is a great thing to discuss, when it involves comparing to other 5town stores. Not bashing other 5towns towns. And not posting prices from stores in other communities, as that is IRRELEVANT. And fighting back and forth like a bunch of kids is plain stupid and a turnoff.
Other things to talk about are their sales, if they carry certain items, hours, etc. The same as the other Bingo chats. The idea is that it should be useful to those reading it. Simple.
I saw someone posted a WhatsApp chat for 5 towns store comparisons idk if it took off as much as they wanted to but I’ll post link here if anyone’s interested

https://chat.whatsapp.com/J50KcRcV1Kt17qaPmfnOmH
nothings impossible- the word itself says Im possible

Offline yfr bachur

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2024, 06:12:36 AM »
I saw someone posted a WhatsApp chat for 5 towns store comparisons idk if it took off as much as they wanted to but I’ll post link here if anyone’s interested

You're here long enough to know forum rule 19...
but whatever...
Hope it's useful for someone

Offline justaregularguy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2024, 11:56:06 PM »
You're here long enough to know forum rule 19...
but whatever...
Hope it's useful for someone
never noticed it! My bad!
nothings impossible- the word itself says Im possible

Offline yfr bachur

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2024, 02:46:41 AM »
never noticed it! My bad!
No worries!
I never noticed the rules entirely until @Moshe Green got himself banned...
« Last Edit: March 12, 2024, 03:29:47 AM by yfr bachur »

Offline Moshe Green

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2024, 03:16:37 AM »
I never noticed the rules entirely until @Moshe Green got himself banned...
me neither  ;D