Poll

Did you know this already?

No, adding to my account now, thanks!
Yes, already added to my account
Yes, but never added to my account. Thanks for the reminder!
Not applicable to me

Author Topic: Save on tolls bet. NY and NJ (Goethals Bridge, Outerbridge Crossing, or Bayonne  (Read 8117 times)

Offline Wizard

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
I wanted to let those in the community who travel between NY and NJ (and possibly other routes) know of a very simple opportunity to save money that my friend was kind enough to share with me. If you call or email E-ZPass requesting to add the "PASI" plan to your account and you travel Staten Island-bound 3 times (Goethals Bridge, Outerbridge Crossing, or Bayonne Bridge) in any given month, you will only pay 6.25 (instead of 10.50 I believe). Adding the plan to your account costs nothing other than a few minutes. There's no penalty if you don't take three trips; you'll just pay the standard rate. Here's the official description of the plan from the E-ZPass website:

Port Authority Staten Island Bridges Plan: Available All Hours
The Port Authority NY/NJ Staten Island Bridges Plan (PASI) offers a 58% discount off the cash toll rate. The plan is available to vehicles with non-commercial plates and private E-ZPass accounts at E-ZPassNew York or New Jersey. Enrollment is required. The Plan toll rate is $6.25 per trip (plus $9.50 for each additional axle beyond two axles) at the Bayonne Bridge, Goethals Bridge, or Outerbridge Crossing, provided at least three Staten Island-bound trips are made in a single calendar month that are not otherwise discounted by the Carpool or Green Pass Plan. If three trips are not taken, the customer pays the prevailing E-ZPass (peak or off-peak) rate. All E-ZPass tags on the account apply to the three trip minimum requirement. Plan Code: (PASI)

E-ZPass can be reached at 1 (800) 333-8655 or customerservice@E-zpassny.com. Enjoy!

Sincerely,
A fellow Brooklyn-Lakewood traveller
If you are trying to get my attention/assistance and I'm not responding, please feel free to PM me. :)

Offline yakov116

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
As Stated in the Wiki (Not coming to push your post away, just pointing people to the Ez Pass thread)

https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=16199.0
Money talks...mine says goodbye!

Offline grodnoking

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
We will have to set up booths at the hitching spots renting out ezpasses with the discounted rate.
I'm not who you think I am.

Offline ~King Lake~

• View Profile
We will have to set up booths at the hitching spots renting out ezpasses with the discounted rate.
LOL
I’m in shape, round is a shape…

Offline Wizard

• View Profile
As Stated in the Wiki (Not coming to push your post away, just pointing people to the Ez Pass thread)

https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=16199.0
Whoops. Thanks!
If you are trying to get my attention/assistance and I'm not responding, please feel free to PM me. :)

Offline yitzgar

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
I wanted to let those in the community who travel between NY and NJ (and possibly other routes) know of a very simple opportunity to save money that my friend was kind enough to share with me. If you call or email E-ZPass requesting to add the "PASI" plan to your account and you travel Staten Island-bound 3 times (Goethals Bridge, Outerbridge Crossing, or Bayonne Bridge) in any given month, you will only pay 6.25 (instead of 10.50 I believe). Adding the plan to your account costs nothing other than a few minutes. There's no penalty if you don't take three trips; you'll just pay the standard rate. Here's the official description of the plan from the E-ZPass website:

Port Authority Staten Island Bridges Plan: Available All Hours
The Port Authority NY/NJ Staten Island Bridges Plan (PASI) offers a 58% discount off the cash toll rate. The plan is available to vehicles with non-commercial plates and private E-ZPass accounts at E-ZPassNew York or New Jersey. Enrollment is required. The Plan toll rate is $6.25 per trip (plus $9.50 for each additional axle beyond two axles) at the Bayonne Bridge, Goethals Bridge, or Outerbridge Crossing, provided at least three Staten Island-bound trips are made in a single calendar month that are not otherwise discounted by the Carpool or Green Pass Plan. If three trips are not taken, the customer pays the prevailing E-ZPass (peak or off-peak) rate. All E-ZPass tags on the account apply to the three trip minimum requirement. Plan Code: (PASI)

E-ZPass can be reached at 1 (800) 333-8655 or customerservice@E-zpassny.com. Enjoy!

Sincerely,
A fellow Brooklyn-Lakewood traveller
For those who commonly travel on other pa bridges, there are two other plans iirc. I think one is for Whitestone/throgs neck, and I can't remember the other

Offline hvaces42

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
For those who commonly travel on other pa bridges, there are two other plans iirc. I think one is for Whitestone/throgs neck, and I can't remember the other
Whitestone and Throgs Neck are not PA bridges. They are TBTA/MTA no discounts. ...and PASI has been around for years.
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline yitzgar

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Whitestone and Throgs Neck are not PA bridges. They are TBTA/MTA no discounts. ...and PASI has been around for years.
You're right, so it's not those bridges. However when I registered for pasi, about 7-8 years ago, there were two other plans

Offline ckmk47

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
To add  the plan to your account:
sign in to www.e-zpassny.com
left menu -plans
add another plan - dropdown menu - PASI
click "add plan/tag"

List of plans offered:
https://www.e-zpassny.com/en/about/plans.shtml
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 10:49:02 PM by ckmk47 »
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
Meantioned here a few times.
https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=16199.msg2084442#msg2084442

Can't understand those who don't have an ezpass, do they really not want someone tracking them or it's the same people who don't own a cc?

Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline ~King Lake~

• View Profile
Meantioned here a few times.
https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=16199.msg2084442#msg2084442

Can't understand those who don't have an ezpass, do they really not want someone tracking them or it's the same people who don't own a cc?
Or just lazy people that will make "tomorrow" an ez-pss, and as an old klal "tomorrow" is not gonna arrive

Offline mercaz1

• View Profile
I think there are a certain amount of people who don't want to be tracked and then there a bigger amount of people who don't have CC

Offline ~King Lake~

• View Profile
I think there are a certain amount of people who don't want to be tracked
do this people also don't have cellphones because they could be tracked?

Offline SearchGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 103
    • View Profile
For these cash people the problem with these 3 crossings is, that they are all cashless and billed toll (Goethales is the last to switch in the coming days)

Offline myi

• View Profile
Or just lazy people that will make "tomorrow" an ez-pss, and as an old klal "tomorrow" is not gonna arrive
Lol and i was so accustomed to car pool that i never had this plan added to my account.
 Now its added, to bad i didn't check earlier, i thought i had someone add it for me. Oh well.

Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline Der Deutsche Jude

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA, CA, FAA, GA, NA, OA, WA
Lol and i was so accustomed to car pool that i never had this plan added to my account.
 Now its added, to bad i didn't check earlier, i thought i had someone add it for me. Oh well.

This is cheaper than carpool though, you should’ve had it anyways.

Offline myi

• View Profile
Yup by a $0.25. Oh well.
Let's see if Ez-pass would be willing to give me the rate for the past few months since the OBX was removed from carpool rate.

Offline marky

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
Yes but only if you have 3 trips per month
FYI as a DP, if you cross and request the Car pool discount, than you will still be charged the PASI rate, if however at the end of the month you didn't have the 3 trips needed they will reverse the PASI rate and charge you the carpool rate. It's a win-win

Offline lakewood34

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 62
    • View Profile
looks like soon you will need 10 trips to get the discount

= The Staten Island Commuter Plan’s existing discount is for 3 or more trips taken in a calendar month; the proposed discount is for 10 or more trips taken in a calendar month

Additionally, the proposal calls for three other changes in the toll structure at bridges and tunnels: 1) Consistent with other tolling agencies in the region, limit E-ZPass toll discounts to users registered with a New York or New Jersey E-ZPass Customer Service Center account; 2) Discontinue the Carpool Discount program in preparation for eventual all electronic tolling at all crossings and to address safety concerns; and 3) Modify the NY/NJ Staten Island Bridges discount program to target commuters by increasing the qualifying trips to 10 per month.

Offline myi

• View Profile