Topic Wiki

Please subscribe on YouTube - takes 5 seconds :) and helps me out a lot on my road to monetization #ddf

PM if interested in joining a no chat whatsapp group that just sends out all the latest videos.

There are now 25 donzemmer videos (not counting the jewish donzmiros ones) check them out on youtube, here are the 2 most popular (each over 1M views on twitter)

Lose Yourself

Star Spangled Banner

Author Topic: @DonZemmer Baseball Song Parodies  (Read 36558 times)

Offline Redbull3

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: @DonZemmer Baseball Song Parodies
« Reply #80 on: July 18, 2019, 01:42:07 PM »
I think so. He posts a warning before he does it, but you don't have that many so it won't be a big deal.
Right then going forward I'd reply to that thread with the new videos?

Online Yehuda57

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #81 on: July 18, 2019, 01:42:41 PM »
If ifs and buts :).. I built something up on twitter and have a bit of a feel for how it spreads (getting retweets by big accounts). YT is a totally different animal with getting things trending and no idea how to do that tbh.

Using Youtube in tweets instead of Twitter videos means you don't have to change anything about the way you do things. That's a no brainer.

Offline Redbull3

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 18, 2019, 01:43:33 PM »
Using Youtube in tweets instead of Twitter videos means you don't have to change anything about the way you do things. That's a no brainer.
Except twitter algorithms loves my videos being native to twitter and hates links! So I've read.

Online Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #83 on: July 18, 2019, 01:44:05 PM »
Right then going forward I'd reply to that thread with the new videos?

Right, but IN ADDITION to posting the new one as a new tweet (non reply). You can even do it a day or so later as a way to gain extra views from people who may have missed it when it was posted.

Offline Redbull3

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 18, 2019, 01:46:59 PM »
Right, but IN ADDITION to posting the new one as a new tweet (non reply). You can even do it a day or so later as a way to gain extra views from people who may have missed it when it was posted.
Right but then likes/retweets will be split between multiple posts which I don't love. (views do get aggregated)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #85 on: July 18, 2019, 01:47:57 PM »
Right but then likes/retweets will be split between multiple posts which I don't love. (views do get aggregated)
Can you buy a new car with likes?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Redbull3

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 18, 2019, 01:50:14 PM »
lol I suppose not. I am leaning toward doing this. The pro of having a single thread with all my videos easily accessible outweighs the cons. I think.

Online Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #87 on: July 18, 2019, 01:56:23 PM »
Except twitter algorithms loves my videos being native to twitter and hates links! So I've read.

Oh, I don't know about that, but you've generated enough of a following I would think good ones will get shared plenty, no?

You could reply to the pinned tweet with a link to the original tweet. Doesn't look as good, but it should work.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #88 on: July 18, 2019, 01:56:56 PM »
Oh, I don't know about that, but you've generated enough of a following I would think good ones will get shared plenty, no?
Yup
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Online Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #89 on: July 18, 2019, 01:57:38 PM »

Usually it is forum members who are telling Dan how to run *his* business.

Offline Redbull3

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: July 18, 2019, 02:00:22 PM »
Ok I'm wrong - people will only see it on their timeline if they follow both me AND the person I am replying to. Had no idea! Better to tweet something myself, and then quote tweet that as a reply if there is something relevant. Learning every day.
BTW - just to clarify something here:
If I reply to someone and my tweet begins by mentioning them - that is when the above is true. Meaning, it's a "true reply" and my followers won't see my tweet unless they also follow the person I am mentioning. However, as in the case of Old Town Road, I replied to lilnasx but I removed his mention. By removing it (or placing it later in the tweet), it is something that all my followers see (even if they don't follow him). This is also why people who reply to someone and want all their followers to see the reply will sometimes put a period in front of the tweet. So it will look like: ".@lilnasx" to start the tweet. In case you were wondering (like I was!) why people do that.

I think it's a solid system by twitter, because I would like to reply to lots of different people without all my followers seeing it every single time, so this gives you that kind of control. Anyway, carry on. #themoreyouknow

Online Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #91 on: July 18, 2019, 02:04:17 PM »
BTW - just to clarify something here:
If I reply to someone and my tweet begins by mentioning them - that is when the above is true. Meaning, it's a "true reply" and my followers won't see my tweet unless they also follow the person I am mentioning. However, as in the case of Old Town Road, I replied to lilnasx but I removed his mention. By removing it (or placing it later in the tweet), it is something that all my followers see (even if they don't follow him). This is also why people who reply to someone and want all their followers to see the reply will sometimes put a period in front of the tweet. So it will look like: ".@lilnasx" to start the tweet. In case you were wondering (like I was!) why people do that.

I think it's a solid system by twitter, because I would like to reply to lots of different people without all my followers seeing it every single time, so this gives you that kind of control. Anyway, carry on. #themoreyouknow

Are you sure this is current? As in, since they made their replies a properly functioning system? Now when you reply it doesn't mention the account you're replying to in the tweet itself.

Offline Redbull3

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 18, 2019, 02:51:22 PM »
Are you sure this is current? As in, since they made their replies a properly functioning system? Now when you reply it doesn't mention the account you're replying to in the tweet itself.
I'm not sure if it's current, I got it from this updated Nov 2018 https://buffer.com/library/twitter-mistake.
Let me know if you find anything current and useful that explains all of this (mentions/replies/tweets and who sees them) better.

Offline shapsam

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 19, 2019, 09:10:03 AM »
You can reply in the thread and then retweet it.

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #94 on: July 19, 2019, 09:18:23 AM »
Wiki added - Any missing?
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline Redbull3

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 01, 2019, 11:17:57 AM »
My latest song on twitter, yeah I’ll make u go there to see it (some light music in back if that is no good for u in 3 weeks)

https://twitter.com/donzemmer/status/1156913207837102083?s=12

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #96 on: August 01, 2019, 11:29:13 AM »
My latest song on twitter, yeah I’ll make u go there to see it (some light music in back if that is no good for u in 3 weeks)

https://twitter.com/donzemmer/status/1156913207837102083?s=12
The least you can do it include the youtube link, or actually a great idea could be, to offer the video with lyrics on the page on YouTube.

So it gets people to watch on twitter interact, and they will also want to go to youtube to match the names and lyrics as you sing it.

Ok, next advice I start charging, maybe then you'll listen :P
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline Redbull3

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 01, 2019, 11:34:52 AM »
The least you can do it include the youtube link, or actually a great idea could be, to offer the video with lyrics on the page on YouTube.

So it gets people to watch on twitter interact, and they will also want to go to youtube to match the names and lyrics as you sing it.

Ok, next advice I start charging, maybe then you'll listen :P
I appreciate the opinions/feedback/advice keep it coming.
I know I know you really want lyrics on the screen :). I just think it's too distracting, there is then too much to look at. And if you are looking at the real words then the audio doesn't make sense...
Maybe I can include another version on twitter that has the lyrics - that isn't a bad idea.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 01, 2019, 11:36:59 AM »
I also find myself looking for the lyrics to match it up to.

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #99 on: August 01, 2019, 11:39:04 AM »
I appreciate the opinions/feedback/advice keep it coming.
I know I know you really want lyrics on the screen :). I just think it's too distracting, there is then too much to look at. And if you are looking at the real words then the audio doesn't make sense...
Maybe I can include another version on twitter that has the lyrics - that isn't a bad idea.
I am handing you monetization on a silver platter with no detraction from your twitter following. Literally 2 birds with one stone and resolves all your problems with both the YouTube and the lyrics idea.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)