Author Topic: Mileage run help  (Read 2186 times)

Offline jjgfromnj

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Mileage run help
« on: October 25, 2019, 10:12:36 AM »
I would like to try to maintain my United Gold status for the coming year (before the new requirements make it pretty much impossible for me to ever get status again). Is there someone that would be willing to advise me on the best/least expensive way to get to that status level? I need 23,201 in PQM and 2,801 in PQD (yes I'm aware that these abbreviations mean nothing starting Jan 1). I am based in the NY area, and prefer EWR for departure and arrival, but obviously I can do any of the local airports. The cards I have are: Chase Sapphire Reserve (probably not relevant here), MileagePlus Club, MileagePlus Card (really old version), Business United Explorer MileagePlus, and AMEX Green. I'm pretty available to travel between now and the end of the year. Any helpers out there please, or pointers for guidance? If you are a travel agent I'd be willing to book through you as well. Thanks.

Offline outinstyle

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Mileage run help
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2019, 10:45:39 AM »
I would like to try to maintain my United Gold status for the coming year (before the new requirements make it pretty much impossible for me to ever get status again). Is there someone that would be willing to advise me on the best/least expensive way to get to that status level? I need 23,201 in PQM and 2,801 in PQD (yes I'm aware that these abbreviations mean nothing starting Jan 1). I am based in the NY area, and prefer EWR for departure and arrival, but obviously I can do any of the local airports. The cards I have are: Chase Sapphire Reserve (probably not relevant here), MileagePlus Club, MileagePlus Card (really old version), Business United Explorer MileagePlus, and AMEX Green. I'm pretty available to travel between now and the end of the year. Any helpers out there please, or pointers for guidance? If you are a travel agent I'd be willing to book through you as well. Thanks.
I have a similar request... Please PM me if you can help...

What is the cheapest (quickest) way to accomplish these requirements on United?

Challenge Period ends November 30, 2019

Earning 15,000 Premier qualifying miles (PQM)2 

or

20 Premier qualifying segments (PQS)2, and Earning $2,500 Premier qualifying dollars (PQD)2 during the challenge period.

Offline nd

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2019, 12:53:19 PM »
Fly EWR - LAX 5x and spen at least $560 base price on your tickets.

Online moko

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2019, 01:03:02 PM »
There's no cc spend waiver?
I'm doing a couple of segment runs on DL . I was able to pick up segments for $27 a piece to make GM but my spend (or MQM) isn't even enough for SM. Without the cc waiver I wouldn't have anything.

Offline mendy from lakewood

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 26
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Premier 1K, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, National EE, Hertz Presidential.
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2019, 02:50:44 PM »
why is it worth so much to you that your willing to spend som much on travel just to maintain your status?
"Respect is earned, Honesty is appreciated, Trust is gained, Loyalty is returned"

Offline jjgfromnj

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2019, 02:53:27 PM »
There's no cc spend waiver?
I'm doing a couple of segment runs on DL . I was able to pick up segments for $27 a piece to make GM but my spend (or MQM) isn't even enough for SM. Without the cc waiver I wouldn't have anything.

There is ($25K), which I'm not going to hit by a long shot. I need to hit the $6K PQD requirement instead.

Offline jjgfromnj

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2019, 02:54:16 PM »
Fly EWR - LAX 5x and spen at least $560 base price on your tickets.

fair, but trying to do it in fewer flights.

Offline jjgfromnj

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2019, 02:54:47 PM »
why is it worth so much to you that your willing to spend som much on travel just to maintain your status?

Great question.

Offline mendy from lakewood

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 26
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Premier 1K, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, National EE, Hertz Presidential.
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2019, 03:44:41 PM »
Great question.
I’m assuming there’s an answer cause otherwise ditch the status and just pay for first class
"Respect is earned, Honesty is appreciated, Trust is gained, Loyalty is returned"

Offline shimino1

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2019, 03:56:45 PM »
PQD is only for U.S citizens. If you "move" to another country, you won't need it.

Online moko

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2019, 07:06:20 PM »
PQD is only for U.S citizens. If you "move" to another country, you won't need it.
you better be able to prove the move. And if they "catch" which is kind of arbitrary, you're shut down.

Offline shimino1

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2019, 04:11:59 PM »
you better be able to prove the move. And if they "catch" which is kind of arbitrary, you're shut down.
A rental contract will suffice. Please tell me you know at least one person in England/France/Israel that can rent you a room for a few dollars.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2019, 04:15:40 PM »
They stopped enforcing that since the changes.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline outinstyle

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2019, 04:16:27 PM »
I have a similar request... Please PM me if you can help...

What is the cheapest (quickest) way to accomplish these requirements on United?

Challenge Period ends November 30, 2019

Earning 15,000 Premier qualifying miles (PQM)2

or

20 Premier qualifying segments (PQS)2, and Earning $2,500 Premier qualifying dollars (PQD)2 during the challenge period.
+1

Offline nd

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2019, 05:03:31 PM »
They stopped enforcing that since the changes.
Does that mean I should change the country I live in to one other than US? I will make gold this year with PQM but I wont have enough PQDs.

Offline KSMH

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2019, 05:10:09 PM »
Does that mean I should change the country I live in to one other than US? I will make gold this year with PQM but I wont have enough PQDs.
U can.
Always praying for delayed baggage.

Online moko

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2019, 09:28:16 PM »
U can.
won't help with the MP program. No  non US exemption for PQP

Offline yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite