Author Topic: hotel upgrade  (Read 9611 times)

Offline dd321

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
hotel upgrade
« on: October 05, 2011, 04:06:15 PM »
i made reservation via priceline at the hyatt at bellvue in philadelphia, any tips to get upgraded to suite ala "anniversary/honeymoon"? how do i get the managers email?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: hotel upgrade
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 04:07:04 PM »
Suite with priceline...lol.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline dd321

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 04:09:02 PM »
o ya, 70$  8)

Offline dd321

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 04:09:47 PM »
meaning can i contact manager to upgade my room....

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 04:25:07 PM »
Pretty sure Dan was laughing at the prospect of upgrading to a suite from a PL reservation.

That being said, "can you contact the manager?"

Who's stopping you? Worse that can happen is he shoots you down.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline dd321

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 04:32:59 PM »
How do I get his email

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2011, 04:53:06 PM »
How do I get his email

Why not just call him/her? Worked for me in the past.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline elikay

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2011, 05:06:18 PM »
GIYF

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2011, 07:23:08 PM »
Why not just call him/her? Worked for me in the past.

Worked for you with a priceline reservation?
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2011, 10:35:46 PM »
Worked for you with a priceline reservation?

Negative. Worked to just call the mngr.

Offline dd321

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2011, 11:11:20 PM »
Negative. Worked to just call the mngr.
what u tell manager

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2011, 11:14:29 PM »
I wouldn't have the cojones to preemptively call a manager for an comp upgrade on a priceline stay.  And that's not something that happens to me too often.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Name Changed

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Avis Presidents Club, National Executive Elite, Hertz Presidents Circle, Sixt Platinum, SPG Gold, eBay Platinum
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2011, 11:28:21 PM »
I was at a hotel (that I made the reservation thru priceline) I asked at counter for upgrade... they said - since the reservation is made thru priceline they cant touch it... the room is already reserved... I begged, the manager then came and said for $70 he could upgrade me 

Either wat - with price line reservations its hard to get upgraded
this happened in a few hotels- seems like they dont really like the priceline reservations, or they see how little im payin for the room 

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2011, 11:58:02 PM »
what u tell manager

What did I tell the manager? Well, it just so happened to be my wedding night, so I told him that, and he took care of business.

I wouldn't have the cojones to preemptively call a manager for an comp upgrade on a priceline stay.  And that's not something that happens to me too often.

What's the worse that could happen? And, setting aside whether it is or isnt his wedding night or honeymoon in actuality, my bet is that if he tells the manager that, he has a pretty decent chance of pulling off the upgrade.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2011, 11:59:55 PM »
I was at a hotel (that I made the reservation thru priceline) I asked at counter for upgrade... they said - since the reservation is made thru priceline they cant touch it... the room is already reserved... I begged, the manager then came and said for $70 he could upgrade me 

Either wat - with price line reservations its hard to get upgraded
this happened in a few hotels- seems like they dont really like the priceline reservations, or they see how little im payin for the room

Asked for an upgrade because... of your good looks? I, too, would say the PL reservation couldn't be touched.

But, as the OP mentioned he wanted to know what his chances were:
ala "anniversary/honeymoon"?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2011, 12:07:48 AM »
What's the worse that could happen? And, setting aside whether it is or isnt his wedding night or honeymoon in actuality, my bet is that if he tells the manager that, he has a pretty decent chance of pulling off the upgrade.
What's the worst that could ever happen?
I just wouldn't feel comfortable asking for a confirmed upgrade when making a dirt cheap stay.  At check-in I'd probably pull out my elite card and try my luck, but most managers will laugh you off when asking for a confirmed upgrade in advance when you're on a priceline stay.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2011, 12:09:31 AM »
What's the worst that could ever happen?
I just wouldn't feel comfortable asking for a confirmed upgrade when making a dirt cheap stay.  At check-in I'd probably pull out my elite card and try my luck, but most managers will laugh you off when asking for a confirmed upgrade in advance when you're on a priceline stay.

Yeah, being turned down is a terrible thing...

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2011, 12:14:29 AM »
You've completely missed my point.

Most managers correctly see priceline folk as people with no loyalty whatsoever, who won't spend an extra dime to stay with them in the future, and basically as them doing you a favor with your room being subsidized and made possible by actual rate-paying guests.  Frankly, they're often right.

You are also probably going to get put in old/unrenovated room and are lucky to get confirmed into 2 queens or 1 king in advance.

To then ask for a suite, in advance, is a very long shot.  It's one thing to ask if they happen to have something when you checkin, but I don't waste my time on long shots nor do I care to be sneered at "oh, I see you're on a priceline rate."

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2011, 12:21:51 AM »
You've completely missed my point.

Most managers correctly see priceline folk as people with no loyalty whatsoever, who won't spend an extra dime to stay with them in the future, and basically as them doing you a favor with your room being subsidized and made possible by actual rate-paying guests.  Frankly, they're often right.

You are also probably going to get put in old/unrenovated room and are lucky to get confirmed into 2 queens or 1 king in advance.

To then ask for a suite, in advance, is a very long shot.  It's one thing to ask if they happen to have something when you checkin, but I don't waste my time on long shots nor do I care to be sneered at "oh, I see you're on a priceline rate."

No, I understood your point. And I agree with your assessment of the managers assessment of PL people. But, still, at the end of the day, long shot or not, the absolute worst thing that could happen is that the manager tells him no.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2011, 12:40:10 AM »
No, I understood your point. And I agree with your assessment of the managers assessment of PL people. But, still, at the end of the day, long shot or not, the absolute worst thing that could happen is that the manager tells him no.
Agreed, but it will be a guilt-tripped and uncomfortable no.   

Like I said, no is the worst that can ever happen, but that doesn't mean it's always worth asking.  You can also open a cc and call 1,000 times for a killed bonus offer and probably 1 out of the 1,000 times be successful.  But generally it will be a waste of time and be uncomfortable.