Author Topic: Chase Ultimate Reward points and $ messed up United reservation  (Read 601 times)

Offline thejewishrapper

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
I booked a RT flight LAX-SFO-TLV using Chase Ultimate Rewards Points. Instead of using the full amount of points needed to purchase the ticket I used mostly points and paid the remainder out of pocket using my Chase United MileagePlus Club card (approx 100$) A Chase rep stated that by doing that I would receive the benefits of the UA Plus card (luggage, boarding, increased status for upgrade waitlist etc) It turns out that didn't work. UA sees the ticket purchased by an AMEX card (that i do not have), from a "Travel Agent". Its assumed that the 100$ and points I used were paid to the Chase "Travel Agent" and they paid the full amount to UA. This does me no good and as far as UA is concerned I'm just a regular traveler. Only one bag free and, most upsetting, is I'm just a regular person on the upgrade waiting list so if it gets tight my odds of achieving the upgrade are reduced. I'm still dealing with Chase but it doesn't look like anything can be done without considerable cost to me (change fees and such). I asked UA if I purchased an extra legroom seat would that qualify and they said no because its an "addition" to the ticket not the actual purchase of the ticket, with the ClubCard, which is what gets a person the benefits. Just be forewarned.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 02:05:54 PM by thejewishrapper »