Author Topic: Eurocar in car entertainment unit data question  (Read 817 times)

Offline Yak500

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Eurocar in car entertainment unit data question
« on: July 12, 2019, 03:18:09 AM »
Hey, I upgraded to a Mitsubishi outlander and it came with a built in nav unit that appears to be using data when you use built in waze or radio. Any idea if they are going to be charging me for using it?

Online yuds70

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: Eurocar in car entertainment unit data question
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2019, 11:39:58 AM »
Hey, I upgraded to a Mitsubishi outlander and it came with a built in nav unit that appears to be using data when you use built in waze or radio. Any idea if they are going to be charging me for using it?
I don't know their rules, but it may be similar to those instances where a car is only a few months old, and Sirius XM is enabled in the car as the official trial isn't over and the rental company wouldn't particularly be switching Sirius XM to be on, it's just on by default.

Maybe the same thing with a car hotspot.
Make stuff happen.

Offline yman

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Eurocar in car entertainment unit data question
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2019, 08:28:48 PM »
I don't know their rules, but it may be similar to those instances where a car is only a few months old, and Sirius XM is enabled in the car as the official trial isn't over and the rental company wouldn't particularly be switching Sirius XM to be on, it's just on by default.

Maybe the same thing with a car hotspot.

In my past experiences they do not charge you. It's also just the free trial and it usually lasts 6 months.