Author Topic: 15k RT to Hawaii on UA through Turkish  (Read 21744 times)

Offline nirc

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: 15k RT to Hawaii on UA through Turkish
« Reply #80 on: September 12, 2022, 10:43:58 PM »
able to book in economy (XN) saver award using turkish miles? assuming not, how far out does united convert availability to X? i am looking 4 months out and there is plenty of availability but all in XN.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2022, 10:52:06 PM by nirc »

Offline JACKBLUE

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 13, 2022, 12:04:45 AM »
able to book in economy (XN) saver award using turkish miles? assuming not, how far out does united convert availability to X? i am looking 4 months out and there is plenty of availability but all in XN.
Can’t book XN with TK, no way to know if/when they’ll open X, keep checking every few hours or set an alert with Expert Flyer Etc.

Offline cks33

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 15, 2022, 02:39:33 PM »
i booked tickets to LHR from ORD for my family - had to call it in. it still says that I can only book for the account holders name when I go to book my next award flight -- any suggestions?

Offline yochai

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 30, 2023, 01:33:11 PM »
Any tips on how to get TKs disastrous phone reps to find UA X availability?

Offline yochai

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 01, 2023, 11:22:48 PM »
Any tips on how to get TKs disastrous phone reps to find UA X availability?
Bump. I’ve done 20+ HUCAs and I’m hitting a brick wall! It’s available on AC and with LM so there’s no reason it shouldn’t be available for them.

Offline Zali

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 02, 2023, 04:17:31 AM »
Bump. I’ve done 20+ HUCAs and I’m hitting a brick wall! It’s available on AC and with LM so there’s no reason it shouldn’t be available for them.
Which route are you trying? There has been an issue recently where EWR flights will not show up for them at all, and the Hawaii routes have been a known issue for years

Offline yochai

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 02, 2023, 07:54:00 AM »
Which route are you trying? There has been an issue recently where EWR flights will not show up for them at all, and the Hawaii routes have been a known issue for years
EWR-LAS

Offline Zali

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 02, 2023, 10:40:41 AM »
EWR-LAS
My best guess of what happened is this. Recently TK removed the NYC option from their website. Now you have to individually search flights for JFK and EWR. It used to be that the only way to find flights from LGA was by searching for NYC flights, so when they removed that option LGA was blacked out. They then added LGA as a search option, so it is possible to find flights from there, but somewhere in this mess something in their system broke and has blocked all availability from EWR. It’s not just United, even flights from EWR to Europe on other airlines are not searchable. I booked a Star Alliance flight with them last week (that did not touch EWR) and was actually surprised by how competent the agent was. But it appears that for now EWR is just a dead spot in their system.
(Note: I have no background in computer science and may just be spewing gibberish, but I can’t believe it’s a coincidence that EWR stopped working just as they removed the NYC search option from their website)

Offline yochai

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 02, 2023, 12:08:43 PM »
My best guess of what happened is this. Recently TK removed the NYC option from their website. Now you have to individually search flights for JFK and EWR. It used to be that the only way to find flights from LGA was by searching for NYC flights, so when they removed that option LGA was blacked out. They then added LGA as a search option, so it is possible to find flights from there, but somewhere in this mess something in their system broke and has blocked all availability from EWR. It’s not just United, even flights from EWR to Europe on other airlines are not searchable. I booked a Star Alliance flight with them last week (that did not touch EWR) and was actually surprised by how competent the agent was. But it appears that for now EWR is just a dead spot in their system.
(Note: I have no background in computer science and may just be spewing gibberish, but I can’t believe it’s a coincidence that EWR stopped working just as they removed the NYC search option from their website)
Makes sense.
Anyway around this or a way to contact someone higher up so at least they work on fixing it?