Author Topic: Credit Card recommendations for "new citizen" with spouse credit score of ~750  (Read 1901 times)

Offline abitton

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Hello,

TIA for reading my post.

My wife was recently approved a visa and is in the process of her citizenship. I want to start building her credit score and looking for recommendations for what is a good card / setup to start.

She got a letter in the mail for a "pre-qualified" Capital One Platinum Mastercard. Not sure if it's good or not.

I have a credit score of ~750 and I'm currently setup on the Chase Trifecta - Chase Sapphire Reserve, Freedom Unlimited and Freedom.

I also have a random BOA (Cash Rewards Visa - I kept it since it was my first card and I have a 10k spend limit sitting with BOA) and an AMEX Blue Cash Everyday.

Thanks again and have a great week!

Offline Pad18

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
i will start by adding her as AU on the cards that you have, to help build her credit faster ..

and then in 6+/- month start to apply and of course to always mention that she is responsible financially on the AU, and after approval to take her out as AU to be under the 5/24 rule ..

good luck

Offline ludmila

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Diamond,Marriott Platinum,SPG Platinum.
i will start by adding her as AU on the cards that you have, to help build her credit faster ..

and then in 6+/- month start to apply and of course to always mention that she is responsible financially on the AU, and after approval to take her out as AU to be under the 5/24 rule ..

good luck
Can an AU be financially responsible for a cc?
I was the Best,still the Best, and will always be the Best.
Pele Good,Maradona Better, George Best.

Online CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
Can an AU be financially responsible for a cc?
Amex had wording to that effect (their own charges) but I don't think it ever worked.
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline abitton

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile

good luck

What do you mean by "always mention..." to who the credit card company? Is that was you're referring to?