Topic Wiki

Lounges with KSML (specific lounges and travel class allowed varies)= TLV, LHR, FRA, HKG, CDG, MUC, &  Virgin ClubHouse JFK.

EWR, LGA, FLL (and most??) United Lounges= In the morning the bagels and muffins NO MORE Sara Lee  The yogurts are OU D kosher. But in the afternoon you are very limited. They usually have Milano cookies but the bar. If you bring your own bagel you can ask for cream cheese from the cooler.
Excellent chinese you can have delivered free to EWR from New Kosher Special, 163 Elmora Ave, Elizabeth, NJ, 07202, (908) 353-1818,  with $40 min. purchase.

Kosher food available in EWR Arts and Lounge (PP) May not be available around LY flights http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=10590.msg1679461#msg1679461 (thanks ZOW)

BA Lounges - Kosher food is available at BA's lounges at LHR as follows:
T5/T3 Galleries Club: Bagel/panini and/or soup.

T5/T3 Galleries First: Main course, usually a choice of salmon, chicken stir fry or meat balls (sometimes changed to spaghetti bolognaise).

T5 Concorde Room (CCR): Same as First, but they will also bring soup from the Club lounge if asked, and can also do a plate of plain smoked salmon (with a slice of lemon) on request. Just make sure you stress that you ONLY want the smoked salmon, otherwise they will bring cooked cherry tomatoes or other stuff with it. They will also mix cocktails using Grey Goose vodka instead of the non-kosher Ciroc (Bloody Mary and Cosmopolitan) if asked. The staff in the CCR are very helpful.

Galleries First and the CCR also have a kosher breakfast option: omelette or 'frittata' with stuff which is supposed to make it look like a "full English Breakfast" - meaning it has a copuple of rather poor Tivall sausages included. But the rest of the stuff is OK.

The arrivals lounge only carries the kosher breakfast.

Plain salted Kettle chips are kosher. If you want any for the flight ask at the lounge as they only carry two non-kosher flavoured version on the aircraft. Also, in the CCR you need to ask at the bar for them in the packet otherwise they will (helpfully) open the bag into a pretty china bowl for you.

Nothing kosher per se at EWR, but the staff there will bring you some sliced fruit if asked nicely (epspecially if you are in First).

To get a kosher meal in the Galleries lounges you need to get one of the servers and ask them to check what kosher meals are available. In the Concorde Room (CCR) you go to the dining area reception desk and ask there, or you can ask at the bar, or indeed ask any of the staff who tend to float around. If you want soup in the CCR they may well tell you that they don't have kosher soups - they are not 100% wrong there because they don't store any of the kosher soup in their kitchen (which is shared with Galleries First). However, if you ask them to check with their supervisor whether they can bring it for you from the Galleries Club lounge they will always manage to arrange it.
« Last edited by Yaalili on January 23, 2018, 08:03:35 PM »

Author Topic: kosher food in airport lounges  (Read 74232 times)

Offline MeirS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: kosher food in airport lounges
« Reply #615 on: May 09, 2018, 04:56:04 PM »
What's the story with the King David lounge in Heathrow? Is there kosher food reliable?
When I was there around 10 years ago I think it was mainly from Daniels bakery which is under the KLBD

Offline shmooz

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: June 04, 2018, 11:56:24 PM »
Anything at Polaris ewr? One would think there's enough demand and clout to get something besides oranges.

Offline shmooz

• View Profile
« Reply #617 on: June 07, 2018, 03:48:04 PM »
Anything at Polaris ewr? One would think there's enough demand and clout to get something besides oranges.

Was told by UA that there are presealed kosher food options available.

Anyone know what it is?

Offline 159dallas

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: June 14, 2018, 12:13:43 AM »
Was told by UA that there are presealed kosher food options available.

Anyone know what it is?

Any update on this will be visiting next month

Offline Jack out of the box

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Chase UR, BA Avios, AAdvantage, UA Mileage Plus, SPG
« Reply #619 on: June 14, 2018, 01:52:06 PM »
Anyone been to the Priority Pass lounges in HEL? (Something they never taught us in yeshiva. There are lounges in HEL.  ;) )

Offline yitzyf

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: June 17, 2018, 12:45:59 PM »
Anyone know if there’s anything kosher available in UA Club LAX? Pastries? (I know the cookies in the AA lounge we’re OUD last time I flew out of there).

Offline Yaalili

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 129
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Club Carlson Gold, Jetblue Mosaic, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, DansDeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite.
« Reply #621 on: June 19, 2018, 08:07:43 PM »
At the SQ private room in SIN. KSML is available here only if requested 4 hours in advance per the waiter.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 40K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16441
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
« Reply #622 on: June 19, 2018, 08:17:14 PM »
At the SQ private room in SIN. KSML is available here only if requested 4 hours in advance per the waiter.
Any number or email to use to reserve them?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Yaalili

• View Profile
  • Programs: Club Carlson Gold, Jetblue Mosaic, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, DansDeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite.
« Reply #623 on: June 19, 2018, 08:25:05 PM »
Any number or email to use to reserve them?

Just asked. He said email or phone to regular customer service will do. Make sure to note to them that you want KSML to be requested in private room (in addition to flight). Can request it to be chicken or fish.

Online Kabrams1618

• View Profile
« Reply #624 on: June 19, 2018, 08:53:08 PM »
Anything available in the finnair lounge in helsinki?

Online mikebg

• Non-Elite Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: June 20, 2018, 02:10:09 AM »
Anything available in the finnair lounge in helsinki?

I never saw anything kosher sealed, but there was plenty of fresh fruit when I was there last.

Offline Yaalili

• View Profile
« Reply #626 on: June 20, 2018, 12:10:42 PM »

Got my KSML now in the private room. Was a full Hermolis dinner. Main course was mushroom stuffed chicken and a side of potato quiche and vegetables. The main was very good.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 40K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16441
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
« Reply #627 on: June 20, 2018, 12:39:41 PM »
Got my KSML now in the private room. Was a full Hermolis dinner. Main course was mushroom stuffed chicken and a side of potato quiche and vegetables. The main was very good.
Nice!
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline mmgfarb

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: June 20, 2018, 03:31:49 PM »
Wow, wish I had known that before I went, all I had was some Ben & Jerry's and fresh fruit.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline Yaalili

• View Profile
« Reply #629 on: June 20, 2018, 03:34:57 PM »
Wow, wish I had known that before I went, all I had was some Ben & Jerry's and fresh fruit.

They have Haagen dazs in freezer now, must of changed since you were here.