Topic Wiki

Tips when renting with Hertz:

Hertz #1 Club Gold Plus Rewards Program
The Hertz Gold Plus RewardsŪ program is free and very beneficial. You can enroll Here

A) After your first Hertz Gold Rental you do not need to go to the counter again (At locations that participate in Hertz Gold Service).
They will have your receipt preprinted (and waiting for you in the car at many airports), so you can just drive out!

B) For every dollar you spend they credit you points on the base rate of the rental and sometimes they even have double or triple point promotions.
These points can be redeemed for free rental days starting at 550 points for a weekend day or 2750 for a week.

C) Earn Elite Status quickly. You'll reach Hertz Five Star after just 7 rentals which will get you a complimentary 1 car class upgrade if available.
At 20 Rentals you'll reach Hertz Presidents Circle with a guaranteed complimentary upgrade. Upgrades are to a maximum of a premium.
There are many other benefits. check them out Here.

AAA gives up to 1000 hertz points as a signup bonus or you can signup here for a 500 point signup bonus.

CDP
A CDP is a corporate account number but is not limited to private companies as many sales are tied with designated CDPs.
To find  cheap rates try different CDP corporate numbers many can be found in this thread or in the Car Rental Corporate Code Roundup thread.
Most CDPs do not waive underage fees with the exception of USAA (77694) but may be subject to proof of membership, and the Yeshiva Group (2046380) both waive the fee down to 18 y/o and have very good rates. AAA may also waive underage fees if the renter is above 20 years old.

Other great codes are:

Yeshiva: 2129719 Waives underage 18-19

Amex Travel Services: 1022855

AAdvatange: 217692

LAMC 3 marketing: 1906870

Yeshiva Student Association: 1876837

Chabad: 1908469

CBS Travel :  1976539

AAA: There are multiple 212 and 240 are examples or you can just type in AAA in cdp and it will come up

Car & Driver: 1757580

There are many more but we haven't found them to be cheaper then these.

To get your own CDP
You can sign up HERE if you are a sole proprietor or business owner with fewer than 100 employees.
You'll get 5 bonus credits for enrolling, an additional 5 credits for enrolling online, plus double credit for all your qualified rentals during the first 90 days after you enroll.
Every 15 credits you earn 1 free rental, and you can get a discount of up to 25% off on every rental worldwide.
After you join, you'll receive an e-mail within 2 business days to with your company's Corporate Discount Program (CDP) number and all the details of the program. Link.

CV Codes

CV codes are ConVention codes and go in the "Convention Number (CV):" box.
"CV" codes are hit or miss they can give amazing rates better then any CDP or PC or they can leave the rate the same, and they also work in conjunction with any CDP and PC code.
It doesn't hurt to add it to a reservation and can pull up flat rates of $30 a day for a premium car.
This works especially well in places that are expensive and often lowers the price substantially especially in major cities like NYC, Los Angeles, Chicago and Miami.
Meeting rates generally include unlimited mileage. CV weekend rates start at 12pm thursday through 12pm sunday. Friday pick ups, require a minimum 2 day rental. Extra day rate for weekly rentals is 1/5th of the weekly rate.

PC Codes

PC codes are Promotional Coupons which vary from time to time and from rental to rental check HERE for a well kept list of the current valid codes and here for an alternate list (looks like the alternate list hasn't been updated for a while - most pc's are expired).

Other Useful Tips
Play with the dates and times:There are different rates for different times (high season - low season) so if you are flexible it may pay to check days before and after pick up. Generally weekends are cheaper than weekdays so if you pick up on a weekend it can lower your rate substantially just remember weekends start at 12pm on Thursday. Additionally sometimes an extra day on a weekly rate can be much more than the rate per day with the daily rate, try making the reservation only for the week and then extending it either at pick up or even during the rental.

Local Editions: Airport rentals are generally more expensive than Local Editions as there is airport fees and taxes. So look around ideally for Hertz locations in or at airport hotels that are accessible via the airport shuttle.

One way rentals:
When you are looking for a one way rental, every country and every corporate number will give a different price, usually its 1 of the following 3, either it will cost per mile or it will be unlimited miles with a drop fee or unlimited miles with no drop fee.
Look out it happens  sometimes the car you select they will charge $0.25 per mile while the next car class over will be unlimited miles with no drop fee, when it comes to one ways always look at all the car classes, I have seen many times a midsize SUV to be cheaper then a full size car.
Another thing to note is that certain locations in the same city will have a drop fee while others will not, for example to rent one way to NY, if you return to lynbrook NY there will always be a drop fee while if you return to brooklyn there is no drop fee and JFK will have a drop fee sometimes depending which country you use, sometimes it might be worth searching other pick up and other drop off locations nearby to get a totally different rate in a one way rental.

Underage
Many Hertz CDP's waive the underage fee in the usa - for example the Yeshiva association and USAA. Some countries do not waive underage.
UK 18-21 can not rent. 21-25 30GBP underage fee - no CDP's seem to waive atm.

Hertz Rate Matching
For most of the corporate locations in Europe, the UK and Australia it is sometimes possible to get Hertz to match their competitor's price so you can continue to earn points and status and enjoy their service.
Speak to your local Travel Agent.
Competitors Hertz will match.
Europe: Auto Europe, Avis, Enterprise, EuropCar, Kemwel, and Sixt
Australia and New Zealand: All

Get a status match real quick by messaging them on Twitter

Still not happy with your rates? Try posting here!

After you have rented please share you experience with others in the What did you reserve? What did you get? thread.

Coupon Spreadsheet http://bit.ly/hertzsavings
Alternate sheet Updated quite often: http://bit.ly/HertzDDF
« Last edited by Yo ssi on January 13, 2021, 03:07:37 PM »

Author Topic: Hertz Master Thread  (Read 2120500 times)

Offline plainbachur

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Re: Hertz Master Thread
« Reply #460 on: June 01, 2012, 12:47:08 AM »
i highly doubt it
was major kiddush hashem there were like ten yidden waiting for cars all of the sudden a though guy not yiddish came in put up a huge fight and he stormed out the manger got so embaressed he gave everybody $25off he said he never had a yid that did such a thing!

Offline DrDanny

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: June 01, 2012, 12:51:13 AM »
@CBS + 1 especially since they'll probably just give you 2 $25 certificates as opposed to refunding your cc

Offline plainbachur

• View Profile
« Reply #462 on: June 01, 2012, 12:53:58 AM »
@CBS + 1 especially since they'll probably just give you 2 $25 certificates as opposed to refunding your cc
yes but that doesn't mean that they don't send a email with a copy of complaint to the location? I always complain when I do airport and always get 4x$25 off but there I don't care they don't know who I am

Offline SGF

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz President Circle
« Reply #463 on: June 01, 2012, 01:00:43 AM »
especially since they'll probably just give you 2 $25 certificates as opposed to refunding your cc
if you call the biling dpt. They might adjust your rental and the location will only see it if they look back at your rental.
You can ask them for a $25 certificate instead then the location wont be able to see that but the billing department will be able to tell how many you got this year so its not good to get too many of them, but a few per year isnt bad.

Offline Saver2000

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: June 01, 2012, 09:31:47 AM »
@sprinbachur
Is the lkwd hertz familiar with the "SA Shtick"?

Offline plainbachur

• View Profile
« Reply #465 on: June 01, 2012, 09:48:22 AM »
@sprinbachur
Is the lkwd hertz familiar with the "SA Shtick"?
it depends there are 2ppl that work there mat and karmin if you mat chaps and gets pissed he will get you blacklisted from hertz karmin is nicer but if she chaps she won't rent you at that price.

Offline Saver2000

• View Profile
« Reply #466 on: June 01, 2012, 10:01:11 AM »
Aright, got it. Did you ever have success with SA rate over there?

Offline plainbachur

• View Profile
« Reply #467 on: June 01, 2012, 10:05:45 AM »
Aright, got it. Did you ever have success with SA rate over there?
i never did it period

Offline SGF

• View Profile
« Reply #468 on: June 02, 2012, 08:03:22 PM »
something is wrong with my gold account, so i tried calling hertz and they tell me i have to speak with the gold department which has a 30 minutes hold time, i decided to email the hertz gold department instead and i sent 2 emails and waited a week for each email and they sill have not answered me, is there any way i can reach by phone or by email the gold dpt. other than having to wait on the phone for so long?

Offline DrDanny

• View Profile
« Reply #469 on: June 02, 2012, 10:19:24 PM »
I call the Hertz Usaa number they always pick up right away 18006549151

Offline mclovin

• View Profile
« Reply #470 on: June 02, 2012, 10:28:22 PM »
something is wrong with my gold account, so i tried calling hertz and they tell me i have to speak with the gold department which has a 30 minutes hold time, i decided to email the hertz gold department instead and i sent 2 emails and waited a week for each email and they sill have not answered me, is there any way i can reach by phone or by email the gold dpt. other than having to wait on the phone for so long?
did u just hangup or u waited a little? hertz usually asks if i want to be called back

Offline SGF

• View Profile
« Reply #471 on: June 03, 2012, 12:11:16 AM »
I call the Hertz Usaa number they always pick up right away 18006549151

Offline SGF

• View Profile
« Reply #472 on: June 03, 2012, 12:14:53 AM »
did u just hangup or u waited a little? hertz usually asks if i want to be called back
i called more then once and was on hold for a few minutes hoping it shoudnt take so long it just didnt work, i dont have half hour to wait for them.

Offline golan

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: June 03, 2012, 12:27:01 AM »
If you call during reg bus. Hours they ask u if u want to be called back.
You can also try cust. Service . In regards to emails it once took them about two weeks to respond

Offline dginz

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz #1 Five Star
« Reply #474 on: June 06, 2012, 12:46:44 PM »
Is there a way to rent frrom hertz age 21-25 without having to sign up for usaa?
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

Offline EliteMavin

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz President's Circle, National Executive Elite, Starwood Gold, Delta silver medallion, Hilton Gold
« Reply #475 on: June 06, 2012, 01:05:06 PM »
Is there a way to rent frrom hertz age 21-25 without having to sign up for usaa?
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.
Yes! through using Hertz coupon (pc) code 144314...it will eliminate all underage fees..
This can be used without a corporate code, or with any corporate code, including Chabad discount code 1908469

Offline dginz

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: June 06, 2012, 01:17:40 PM »
Okay, thank you very much.
And what's the code for the yeshiva student assosiation?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 01:36:15 PM by dginz »

Offline dginz

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: June 06, 2012, 03:01:06 PM »
any way to eliminita the underage fee between 21-25 with using just a cdp and not a pc code?
thank.

Offline Saver2000

• View Profile
« Reply #478 on: June 06, 2012, 03:06:03 PM »
any way to eliminita the underage fee between 21-25 with using just a cdp and not a pc code?
thank.

USAA

Offline dginz

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: June 06, 2012, 03:42:44 PM »
Other than usaa?