Author Topic: Vent Rant  (Read 2142 times)

Offline Yenta

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Vent Rant
« on: August 04, 2019, 08:31:14 AM »
Can I vent a little bit?
So I signed up for one of these buying groups. I'm getting all these emails with things to buy, and I'm looking at what their paying. And it's NADA!! Nothing!
Absolutely nothing! And many items they even pay below what it even costs you!
Can anyone explain to me why in the world, they would buy anything for these greedy buying group??
And to make matters worse, apparently they are now telling you to buy things with their affiliate link which gives them commissions (5%?) on all your purchases. So basically, they pay you squat for your effort and risk, while they go and make a hefty profit on your purchase! Why can't they sahre a even a little of their commission, beats me!
And then they have the Chutzpah to then go ahead and pay you less than you even paid for the item, on many items, because you can go drive yourself crazy and apply for the Prime card bla bla bla.!

There are items though that they pay you commissions, LOL!! I got an email saying COMMISSIONS COMMISSIONS, so I go quickly go and open it up, because this is what I signed up for, to earn some money on the side. And guess what!?!?!? They are offering the huge commission of 50 cents an item! LOL! Yes, that is correct, you can lay out thousands of dollars, while they get their hefty commission from Amazon, and they give you a whopping 50 cents!! Do they think I'm 5 years old or something? I mean even 5 year old's will barely do anything for 50 cents any more.

Sometimes I scratch myself, as it appears I'm living in an alternate universe.

Offline yitzgar

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Vent Rant
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2019, 08:47:18 AM »
Can I vent a little bit?
So I signed up for one of these buying groups. I'm getting all these emails with things to buy, and I'm looking at what their paying. And it's NADA!! Nothing!
Can anyone explain to me why in the world, they would buy anything for these greedy buying group??
And to make matters worse, apparently they are now telling you to buy things with their affiliate link which gives them commissions (5%?) on all your purchases. So basically, they pay you squat for your effort and risk, while they go and make a hefty profit on your purchase! Why can't they sahre a even a little of their commission, beats me!
And then they have the Chutzpah to then go ahead and pay you less than you even paid for the item, on many items, because you can go drive yourself crazy and apply for the Prime card bla bla bla.!

There are items though that they pay you commissions, LOL!! I got an email saying COMMISSIONS COMMISSIONS, so I go quickly go and open it up, because this is what I signed up for, to earn some money on the side. And guess what!?!?!? They are offering the huge commission of 50 cents an item! LOL! Yes, that is correct, you can lay out thousands of dollars, while they get their hefty commission from Amazon, and they give you a whopping 50 cents!! Do they think I'm 5 years old or something? I mean even 5 year old's will barely do anything for 50 cents any more.

There used to be a thread for this. Anyway, not sure why you are so upset. Just don't buy for them. If they need you, they will strat offering more.

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2019, 05:00:46 PM »
Can I vent a little bit?

Some people are satisfied with crumbs off the floor.
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline Yenta

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2019, 07:14:03 AM »
Some people are satisfied with crumbs off the floor.

Beats me why anyone would risk everything, for some greedy buying group.

Offline iluv2travel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2019, 09:40:51 AM »

Beats me too. I'd stay away from them with a ten foot pole (or longer!)

Offline chevron

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2019, 03:34:22 PM »

People are either willing to ignore or blinded to the risks.

But yeah I dunno, maybe people need to cycle their cards as they are carrying balances or want the points?

Offline tzifanya54

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2019, 03:40:25 PM »
So this is the new BG thread?

Offline grodnoking

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2019, 04:26:46 PM »
So this is the new BG thread?
Shhhhhhh!
I'm not who you think I am.

Offline grodnoking

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2019, 01:03:30 PM »
And now we know they could have even paid full price and they tried not to.

Not only that, they are making sure everyone who ordered when the amount was less gets paid less.
I'm not who you think I am.