Topic Wiki

If you are living or temporarily traveling in Israel; maximizing your american CC usage in Israel for traveling and points accrual
Feel free to edit

Best american CC's for use while in Israel (with no forex):
Chase cards click here
CSR, $300 travel credit including CityCar, public transportation purchases, taxis
Marriot Premier, United Explorer, CSP
Freedom/Freedom Unlimited-only when making online purchases from US stores

Did you know that some places in Israel are registered under the travel category so you will receive 3x whereas some places are not registered as a travel category then you only receive 1x with the CSR? Or a restaurant that is not categorized as a restaurant, so you only receive 1x instead of 3x? Are you aware of this??

I'm looking for people who live here to post what they have found. I have found that some stores are properly categorized while others are not. we are strictly speaking about maximizing american cc usage and points accrual.

Maybe some other people have experience using other american CC's like the Amex Plat and will share their experiences, or people with the new Capital One cc.

Which american credit card(s) do you use while in Israel?

This is a long needed post for those who are playing the credit card game from Israel.

« Last edited by yman on February 18, 2019, 03:31:51 PM »

Author Topic: MASTER THREAD: Using CC cards in Israel and maximizing benefits while traveling  (Read 16692 times)

Offline moe8555

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
any new updates or tips for anyone to share? @grodnoking @davidrotts63 ????

Not really, but I can say that Amex Israel has been on fire with some really nice promotions lately.  Today they posted a promo for 100 ILS completely free (no minimum and can be combined with sales) for Castro.  Also $20 off $100+ at the TLV Duty Free, again no fine print.  Not long ago they had 20 off 100 ILS at SuperPharm online, etc. etc.

Offline yman

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Not really, but I can say that Amex Israel has been on fire with some really nice promotions lately.  Today they posted a promo for 100 ILS completely free (no minimum and can be combined with sales) for Castro.  Also $20 off $100+ at the TLV Duty Free, again no fine print.  Not long ago they had 20 off 100 ILS at SuperPharm online, etc. etc.

through which bank?

Offline moe8555

• View Profile
  • Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
through which bank?

Nothing to do with any of the banks... Amex cards issued in Israel

Offline yman

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
Nothing to do with any of the banks... Amex cards issued in Israel

I meant which Israeli bank? or how do u sign up for an amex card issued here in Israel?

Offline moe8555

• View Profile
I meant which Israeli bank? or how do u sign up for an amex card issued here in Israel?

You don't need to go through any bank.  Just signup for any of the cards online at americanexpress.co.il

Offline yman

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
You don't need to go through any bank.  Just signup for any of the cards online at americanexpress.co.il

what do I click on? are you familiar if the cards have annual fees?