Author Topic: I Survived Long Haul in Y  (Read 5526 times)

Online Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
Re: I Survived Long Haul in Y
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2019, 01:58:02 PM »
Ag the memories.......
Stops in DKR and ACC only to find out the "empty" seat next to you was for a fragrant native

The worst airplane smells ranked:

3) Air India long hauls - curry and long flight BO make for a killer combo.
2) Dakar. I don't know what it is, but when the ground staff get on to do the pre-USA-strip-the-plane-bare-security-check, the odor is literally suffocating.
1) As you near the end of a 16 hour long haul - where you have switched time zones, fallen asleep for 4 minute increments about a billion times, had your back, neck and leg muscles twisted in every which way, endured crying babies, been spat up on, and used the same 2x2 lavatory a few hundred other passengers have for the past 1 hours - towards the end of all that, the lights come on and they bring out The Egg. The infamous KSML breakfast omelette that exudes such a noxious fume that I'm surprised Zyklon B isn't the first listed ingredient.

Offline shimino1

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2019, 02:08:39 PM »
The worst airplane smells ranked:

3) Air India long hauls - curry and long flight BO make for a killer combo.
2) Dakar. I don't know what it is, but when the ground staff get on to do the pre-USA-strip-the-plane-bare-security-check, the odor is literally suffocating.
1) As you near the end of a 16 hour long haul - where you have switched time zones, fallen asleep for 4 minute increments about a billion times, had your back, neck and leg muscles twisted in every which way, endured crying babies, been spat up on, and used the same 2x2 lavatory a few hundred other passengers have for the past 1 hours - towards the end of all that, the lights come on and they bring out The Egg. The infamous KSML breakfast omelette that exudes such a noxious fume that I'm surprised Zyklon B isn't the first listed ingredient.
Well put except for 4.
I have a guilty pleasure where I love airplane food. My favorite plane food is the soggy omelet and I get very disappointed if they serve blintzes instead.
I have been known to trade a ride from the airport for a breakfast omelet fresh off the plane.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2019, 02:11:28 PM »
Well put except for 4.
I have a guilty pleasure where I love airplane food. My favorite plane food is the soggy omelet and I get very disappointed if they serve blintzes instead.
I have been known to trade a ride from the airport for a breakfast omelet fresh off the plane.
Masochist.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Online Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2019, 02:15:57 PM »
Well put except for 4.

Who would trust such a creature to drive them anyplace? Besides, there is no customs agency that would allow so dangerous a weapon through.

Offline 12HRS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2019, 02:27:29 PM »
LAX-IST middle seat next to a 250LBS Muslim lady who for some reason every time I fell asleep her cane would hit me.

Offline farmbochur

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2019, 02:41:58 PM »
I think my last international long-haul in Y was in 2005 on the free AA systemwide tickets. This game has certainly spoiled us.
Weren't several legs or the island hopper in coach?
Risk is opportunity

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2019, 02:43:18 PM »
Weren't several legs or the island hopper in coach?
Nope, island hopper was in J. I self-downgraded GUM-NRT from J to Y for a middle row of 5 seats to sleep on though.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline as2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2019, 04:02:15 PM »
Hope so. Didn’t mean to offend.
Although I do realize that things are not always as they appear!
Bad joke. Was a pleasure!
Memories last forever, make them while you can.